Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
dry eggs are good, gimme that hardboiled powdery yolk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Atticus_1354 posted:

Is that because the texture is better for putting ketchup on them dry rear end eggs?

No, ketchup ruins everything it is put on. It's just more pleasant to eat texturally and taste-wise.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The insistence that food shouldn't be "dry" is a weird-rear end WASP affectation.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The insistence that food shouldn't be "dry" is a weird-rear end WASP affectation.

You're gonna need to explain that further.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Conversely, eggs should always be half raw so they can really soak into that toast slice. If you want crunchy, soak the toast first and fry it together.

Though the east Asian way of making scrambled egg on high heat is also pretty legit.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Scrambled eggs sucks

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Collapsing Farts posted:

Scrambled eggs sucks

What the gently caress is this bullshit? Ain’t nothing better than a plate of scrammies bathing in ketchup

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

oldpainless posted:

What the gently caress is this bullshit? Ain’t nothing better than a plate of scrammies bathing in ketchup

More like oldtasteless

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Scrambled eggs are easy to gently caress up

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm a fried egg man myself, unless they're going into a burrito of some kind. If any of you came over and stunk up my place with your burned scrambled eggs, I'd kick your rear end

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Fuckin, chicken fetus eatin motherfuckers

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Collapsing Farts posted:

Fuckin, chicken fetus eatin motherfuckers

It's actually a chicken menstruation

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

incredible, edible

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Gaius Marius posted:

It's really weird how many people don't know how to ride a horse. Everyone should ride one at least once.

I think you need to ride them more than once to actually know how to ride them. I've probably rode a horse six times over my life but I wouldn't feel comfortable just hopping on one now.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ashphalt is really bad on horse's hooves. Or maybe legs. Who knows.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Horses can and will gently caress you up and are best avoided by most. Also people into horses tend to be really unbalanced and not fun to be around (much like the inscrutable and vindictive beast itself), but I guess hanging around a skittish creature that will kick you to death for daring not to be in its line of sight messes your brain up. I guess we need to keep a number of horses and horse people around, but it should be at the absolute minimum.

Disco Pope has a new favorite as of 13:19 on May 31, 2021

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
Horses suck. Their hooves gently caress up the dirt and they leave massive piles of poo poo on the paths that the owners apparently don’t have to clean up despite taking up way more of the path than dog poo poo ever would

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Butt Detective posted:

Horses suck. Their hooves gently caress up the dirt and they leave massive piles of poo poo on the paths that the owners apparently don’t have to clean up despite taking up way more of the path than dog poo poo ever would

Horse poo poo smells quite nice though and is useful as fertilser, unlike dog poo poo which is really extraordinarily unpleasant and poisonous.

This should not be taken as an endorsement of horses though. The horse is the only animal actually worse than its own poo poo.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Scrambled eggs are the best eggs because you can order them in a greasy spoon by saying "wreck 'em." That's cool.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The tricks to good scrambled eggs are to put in a few tablespoons of milk and take them off the heat earlier than you think, since they'll keep cooking for a bit.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
You like the stink of horseshit?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

never thought I'd see someone who actually likes the smell of horse poo poo.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I don't start out intending to make scrambled eggs, they just end up that way after I gently caress up.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Collapsing Farts posted:

You like the stink of horseshit?

I mean, I wouldn't daub myself in it, but it's got a pretty fresh grassy country smell that I associate with growing up in a farm-y area. It's not a bad smell. It's nothing like dog poo poo.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Unkempt posted:

I mean, I wouldn't daub myself in it, but it's got a pretty fresh grassy country smell that I associate with growing up in a farm-y area. It's not a bad smell. It's nothing like dog poo poo.

Huh... and the taste?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Huh... and the taste?

Wouldn't know, but don't let me stop you.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Byzantine posted:

I don't start out intending to make scrambled eggs, they just end up that way after I gently caress up.

:same:

What I want to make is a beautiful omelette, but it never quite works out that way.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Unkempt posted:

I grew up in a small farming community so I'm very familiar with that smell. It is, in fact, a not good smell.

edit:
Not trying to take anything away from your wistfulness of smells from your youth. Anytime I smell burning sugar I think of the time my grandma forgot she was making me hot chocolate and it makes me happy.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dave Chang on his podcast had a bit where he was talking about how good eggs are for learning to cook, I'd never thought of it that way but he's right. A dozen eggs is like thirty cents and you can make dozens and dozens of dishes. Your standard Scrambled or Overeasy, Omelettes, Frittata,Shakshouka, Chawanmushi, Custards, Meringues, Pavlova, Quiche and french toast.

Just an incredibly cheap, quick cooking, and easy way to teach yourself basic technique so you don't embarrass yourself when you gently caress up a more complicated dish.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

The tricks to good scrambled eggs are to put in a few tablespoons of milk and take them off the heat earlier than you think, since they'll keep cooking for a bit.

Use water for fluffier eggs.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Unkempt posted:

Horse poo poo smells quite nice though and is useful as fertilser, unlike dog poo poo which is really extraordinarily unpleasant and poisonous.

Post Your Personally Held Unpopular Opinion: Horse poo poo smells quite nice though

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Gaius Marius posted:

Dave Chang on his podcast had a bit where he was talking about how good eggs are for learning to cook, I'd never thought of it that way but he's right. A dozen eggs is like thirty cents and you can make dozens and dozens of dishes. Your standard Scrambled or Overeasy, Omelettes, Frittata,Shakshouka, Chawanmushi, Custards, Meringues, Pavlova, Quiche and french toast.

Just an incredibly cheap, quick cooking, and easy way to teach yourself basic technique so you don't embarrass yourself when you gently caress up a more complicated dish.

Cheap eggs are an abomination. One egg takes one hen 26 hours to make. If a company can feed and house 12 hens and make a profit for anything less than $4, you can be sure those hens lead a lovely, lovely life. Stop buying cheap eggs, you are complicit in animal torture.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Eh, he’s not wrong, horseshit, cowshit - most any grazing animal isn’t bad in small, isolated quantities.
What -is- bad is a whole shitload of it mixed with piss in a confined area, like a feedlot or crowded stable/corral.

Source: I shoveled massive amounts of it as a teenager earning gas money to get the gently caress out of the rural area I lived in.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Joburg posted:

Cheap eggs are an abomination. One egg takes one hen 26 hours to make. If a company can feed and house 12 hens and make a profit for anything less than $4, you can be sure those hens lead a lovely, lovely life. Stop buying cheap eggs, you are complicit in animal torture.

You may not be wrong, but chickens are super cheap to feed and shelter. It's been a long time but I think 50lb bags of chicken feed were like $10 when I was a kid.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Robobot posted:

You may not be wrong, but chickens are super cheap to feed and shelter. It's been a long time but I think 50lb bags of chicken feed were like $10 when I was a kid.

It’s not the food that’s the big expense, it’s the shelter. Hens are shoved into the smallest space they are legally allowed to produce those cheap eggs. Hens are allowed space LESS THAN THE SIZE OF A SHEET OF PAPER to live their life. They don’t get to stretch out, they can’t leave their cage, and they can’t do any of the scratching activities that would make them happy. It’s brutal and consumers can choose to buy eggs from chickens that are treated more humanely.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I hope the hens that make my eggs live in a chicken luxury spa because where I get them they cost like 6-7 dollars a dozen.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Anime... is good

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Mass production, particularly of furniture, is a bad thing. People would be happier coming to work with a 400 pound solid wood desk than the same particle board crap everyone else in the office has. At least some portion of your profits as a business should be funneled back in for "technically" unnecessary extravagance if only to attract workers that want a nice desk/chair and non-twist-top pens.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Robobot posted:

I dunno I haven't paid for eggs hardly at all in years I get 'em from my buddy who owns a coop in his backyard.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I hope the hens that make my eggs live in a chicken luxury spa because where I get them they cost like 6-7 dollars a dozen.

How much is meat?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Anime... is good

It's fine, people who constantly shove their anime opinions up peoples rear end can get hosed.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Mass production, particularly of furniture, is a bad thing. People would be happier coming to work with a 400 pound solid wood desk than the same particle board crap everyone else in the office has. At least some portion of your profits as a business should be funneled back in for "technically" unnecessary extravagance if only to attract workers that want a nice desk/chair and non-twist-top pens.

Correct! I want to buy a house soley to get enough space to woodwork all my own poo poo. loving trying to buy a bookshelf is bullshit, I either buy some bullshit cube facility that sucks, or spend a grand on something nice made of wood. They've taken us for fools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

How much is meat?

Depends on the cut/kind. The bulk pack chicken is like 4 a pound, organic 8 a pound. Cheapest beef is like the sirloin steak stuff at around 9.99 a pound. Ribeye starts at 13.99, grass-fed a couple dollars more. And it's never on sale I guess to preserve the whole foods image of it being super expensive...but they are the only reliable store in the area that doesn't turn delivery into a giant hassle.