Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Sting and Darby Allin vs. Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page, AEW Double or Nothing, 5/30

Agreed. Sting looked fantastic and I really enjoyed the match, on any other card I might have gone MOTYC, but goddamn what a card this has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Orange Cassidy vs. PAC, AEW Double or Nothing, 5/30

Orange Cassidy is legit one of the best wrestlers on earth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Kenny Omega (C) vs. PAC vs. Orange Cassidy for the AEW Championship - AEW Double or Nothing 5/30

The ending was a bit of a mess but the match was so, so, so loving good, goddamn.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. PAC vs. Orange Cassidy, AEW Double or Nothing, 30/05

All the stars goddam

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

MOTYC: Kenny "4 belts" Omega vs Pac vs Orange Cassidy, AEW Double or Nothing, 5/30

KENNY

DON

YOU SONS OF BITCHES

(mod edit, giving some spoiler tags)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 31, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

nth

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega (C) vs. PAC vs. Orange Cassidy for the AEW Championship - AEW Double or Nothing 5/30

The ending was a bit of a mess but the match was so, so, so loving good, goddamn.

Perhaps the greatest three-way match of all time

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Match of the Year: Orange Cassidy vs Kenny Omega (c) vs Pac from Double of Nothing May 30th

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Rarity posted:

All the stars goddam

That's like...a top 5 match all time for me. I'm still in awe...holy loving poo poo.

ORANGE CASSIDY IS A STAR HOLY gently caress

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

sportsgenius86 posted:

Nth, I'm dead

Alice Liddell
Sep 14, 2004

I want to forget!
Who would choose to be alone, imprisoned by their broken memories?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Testekill posted:

MOTYC: Kenny "4 belts" Omega vs Pac vs Orange Cassidy, AEW Double or Nothing, 5/30

KENNY

DON

YOU SONS OF BITCHES

(spoiler tags badabing)

Nthed jesus christ

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:27 on May 31, 2021

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

All the stars goddam

Nth nth nth

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Alice Liddell posted:

NTh what a loving adventure

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I kinda of want to drop it to HM cause it was all the stuff I hate in Bullet Club Matches but it was still MOTYC so yeah MOTYC Kenny Omega/PAC/Orange Cassidy

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Testekill posted:

KENNY

DON

YOU SONS OF BITCHES

(you know them, you love them, spoiler tags from a mod)

NTH

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:27 on May 31, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Jerusalem posted:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Stadium Stampede, AEW Double or Nothing, 30/05

It was flawed and defnitely not up to the level of the first one but it's still a completely unique experience

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: The Inner Circle vs. The Pinnacle in Stadium Stampede 2 - AEW Double or Nothing 5/30

Wonderful mix of cinematic and live, goofy fun and beating the poo poo out of each other, a ton of neat callbacks, a seamless transition to live and a superb ending to a great PPV. Hell yeah.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

MOTYC: The Inner Circle vs The Pinnacle - AEW Double or Nothing 5/30

:sickos:

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Testekill posted:

MOTYC: The Inner Circle vs The Pinnacle - AEW Double or Nothing 5/30

:sickos:

Nth

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: The Inner Circle vs. The Pinnacle in Stadium Stampede 2 - AEW Double or Nothing 5/30

Wonderful mix of cinematic and live, goofy fun and beating the poo poo out of each other, a ton of neat callbacks, a seamless transition to live and a superb ending to a great PPV. Hell yeah.

Yep

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
genuinely feel like tossing a motyc candidate to the entire card y'all

maybe one of the best ppvs i've seen in a long while

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

Yep.

Overall, this was the best PPV start to finish that AEW has done. The closest thing to a bad match was still a vehicle to get an absolute future star over. That three man is maybe like top 5 AEW matches for me. Sting can still go. And that’s to say nothing of the first three matches, which were exceptional.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flatluigi posted:

Same, the 3 matches I HMd were all borderline

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

HM: Sting/Darby vs. Page/Sky
HM: Stadium Stampede II
MOTYC: Mox/Eddie vs. The Bucks
MOTYC: Shida vs Baker
MOTYC: Omega vs. PAC. vs Orange Cassidy

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 31, 2021

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

flatluigi posted:

everything except codys match yes

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Alice Liddell posted:

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Stadium Stampede, AEW Double or Nothing, 30/05

It was flawed and defnitely not up to the level of the first one but it's still a completely unique experience

Nth to both. Goddamn what a show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Please actually list the matches you are nominating if you want them to be counted!

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

flatluigi posted:

maybe one of the best ppvs i've seen in a long while

Yeah if MOTYC is "make time to watch this" then the whole show is that for sure

Jerusalem posted:

:hai:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MOTYC
Deeb vs Riho
Moxley and Kingston vs the Bucks
Kenny vs PAC vs Orange

HM
Cage vs Page
Miro vs Archer
Sting and Darby vs Men Of The Year
Stadium Stampede - a lot of the individual parts worked but for some reason this was way more ropey and had more lulls than any other time they've done this exact style of brawl
Shida vs Britt

All from Double Or Nothing, 5/30

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

MOTYC: Serena Deeb (C) vs. Riho for the NWA Women's Championship - AEW Double or Nothing Pre-Show 5/30
MOTYC: Hangman Page vs. Brian Cage, AEW Double or Nothing, 30/05
HM: The Young Bucks vs. Jon Moxley/Eddie Kingston, AEW Double or Nothing, 30/05
HM: Hikaru Shida (C) vs. Dr. Britt Baker DMD for the AEW Women's Championship - AEW Double or Nothing 5/30

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
there was no conclusion to ftr vs pnp so i refuse to give the stadium stampede a nomination

everything else was really good and if i wasn't positive most of them would be nominated for motyc anyway i'd post which ones i liked the most

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

MOTYC
Moxley and Kingston vs the Bucks
Kenny vs PAC vs Orange
Shida vs Britt
Stadium Stampede

HM
Cage vs Page
Deeb vs Riho
Miro vs Archer
Sting and Darby vs Men Of The Year
Shida vs Britt

All from Double Or Nothing, 5/30

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

LionYeti posted:

MOTYC
Shida vs Britt

HM
Shida vs Britt

:crossarms:

I assumed MOTY and counted it there.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pinwiz11 posted:

MOTYC: Serena Deeb (C) vs. Riho for the NWA Women's Championship - AEW Double or Nothing Pre-Show 5/30
MOTYC: The Young Bucks vs. Jon Moxley/Eddie Kingston, AEW Double or Nothing, 30/05
MOTYC: Hikaru Shida (C) vs. Dr. Britt Baker DMD for the AEW Women's Championship - AEW Double or Nothing 5/30

modified but all this ty jeru

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

graph posted:

:tipshat:

With LionYeti's Schrodinger's nomination for Shida/Britt, that makes 6 MOTYCs from Double or Nothing, and only one vote away from a 7th for one of the other matches on the card.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

MOTYC: The Young Bucks vs. Jon Moxley/Eddie Kingston, AEW Double or Nothing, 30/05
MOTYC: Hikaru Shida (C) vs. Dr. Britt Baker DMD for the AEW Women's Championship - AEW Double or Nothing 5/30

graph posted:

put me down as nthing all of this.

also:

MOTYC: Darby Allin and Sting vs. Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky, Double or Nothing 2021.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

karmicknight posted:

MOTYC: Darby Allin and Sting vs. Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky, Double or Nothing 2021.

oh yeah this too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

And that makes 7!