Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

As usual I feel like I wasn't as completely crazy about the show as a lot of people and as usual the show still fuckin' ruled and I had a great time, because AEW is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
Who's the first heel champ to lose the belts? I gotta say Kenny seems to be the closest with a challenger in Page on the horizon. But the Bucks seem like the easiest transition with tons of hot tag teams coming up.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

KungFu Grip posted:

what happened to ftr once one went into the elevator

you think AEW is gonna show us their whole hand at once? gotta tease the shaft dimension for a little while

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Don Callis is incredible

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!

Kirios posted:

You've gotta go man I live in Portland and I'd go to anything that was on the West Coast right now.

(So maybe I'll be able to attend a Dynamite in two years. :( )
Same :(

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
The Stadium Stampede sucked because they were only in the chair swordfight room for like, 30 seconds and only chair swordfought for 5 seconds of that

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Grem posted:

Who's the first heel champ to lose the belts? I gotta say Kenny seems to be the closest with a challenger in Page on the horizon. But the Bucks seem like the easiest transition with tons of hot tag teams coming up.

AEW world champion Jungle Boy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kirios posted:

I'm thinking over the next year we're gonna get Omega -> Page -> MJF -> OC.

And if that's the way they are going with this, I am 1000000000% here for that.

Omega > Page > PAC > OC > MJF > Eddie

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Grem posted:

Gotta go with bucks.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Kirios posted:

I'm thinking over the next year we're gonna get Omega -> Page -> MJF -> OC.

And if that's the way they are going with this, I am 1000000000% here for that.

You're missing PAC on your list.

Omega->Page->PAC->OC->MJF->Fenix

Someone mentioned OC being the first crack in belt collector's armor...

Spoiler from the PPV:
https://imgur.com/k4r8rkB

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 05:34 on May 31, 2021

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

MourningView posted:

cody match was a turd and all battle royals are bad otherwise show whipped rear end

jungle boy's around the post spot made the battle royal worth it on its own

hated the cody match far more than i anticipated going in, couldn't loving believe that he straight up dressed like homelander to the point that multiple aew wrestlers made the joke on twitter lol. and then won. decisively. very cool. cody booking feels like when you're really trying to force something in tew and the AI is like "are you SURE dude.."

otherwise yea the show was pretty excellent! a little on the long side and stadium stampede shouldnt have been main event (or really happen again) but yea! basically every match was a ton of fun, really happy that britt and jungle boy won their things, was pleasently surprised by egon/scorprio sky v sting/darby, i honestly wasn't expecting much!! the main kinda plodded and like, cmon ending on a mini shawn spears/sammy guevara match cmon lol but whatever overally it wa excellent.

so fuckin sick of cody tho lol GO AWAY

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

At first I thought they might do MJF vs. Eddie but now I think they'll do Mox vs. Eddie (with neither really being heels) for Eddie's first world title run.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Huntman posted:

Don Callis is incredible

he really is. I'm just amazed at his consistency to be like pitch perfect in everything he says while in character. someone can throw a curveball at him and he'll have a perfect in character response ready right off the bat. the man really is incredible at this

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

You know what's great all the Champs are heels but all the heels are over and it doesn't suck the air out of the room

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lmao I just remembered someone toxxed a month on Cody losing

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

Shawn Spears has a chair dimension

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Rarity posted:

Omega > Page > PAC > OC > MJF > Eddie

yeah thats a solid line of progression

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rarity posted:

:yikes:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Shard posted:

You know what's great all the Champs are heels but all the heels are over and it doesn't suck the air out of the room

At the end of the day AEW is still a face company and they don't engage in misery booking.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Penguin Patrol posted:

you think AEW is gonna show us their whole hand at once? gotta tease the shaft dimension for a little while

but max caster said there's no edging in aew

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
is there any kind of postshow press thing for DoN going on? waiting to hear if they signed Lio Rush or what

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Testekill posted:

At the end of the day AEW is still a face company and they don't engage in misery booking.

Yeah there's a queue of babyfaces lined up for each belt, and we know we're just being worked into a frenzy for when they eventually win.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/dabryceisright/status/1399217067367276548

:unsmith:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rarity posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCJblaUkkfc

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

DuhSal posted:

he really is. I'm just amazed at his consistency to be like pitch perfect in everything he says while in character. someone can throw a curveball at him and he'll have a perfect in character response ready right off the bat. the man really is incredible at this

Agreed. I also love that he can do the goofball schtick like Kenny (like "poo poo! poo poo!" had me rolling), but then remind you he's an rear end in a top hat when he's pulling out the refs or helping Kenny cheat.

That 4 belts spot was also brilliant. The whole ending stretch of that match really. Crazy that and Stampede were back-to-back.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't think I have anything fewer than three stars and I had like four 4+ matches on that PPV, but I have to bitch about a couple things.

- I went into the three-way with just one hope. I just had one request. I just wanted them to do one thing for me. And that was DON'T do the Dick Togo spot. And they loving did the Dick Togo spot. It almost ruined the match for me. Finish was cool though. I'd like to see Omega do singles with both of these guys now.
- They gotta do something about these battle royales. The finishing stretches are always great (because the finishing stretches are just Jungle Boy going nuts) and I really dig Lio Rush if he is in fact All Elite, but the middle portions of these matches are R O U G H to get through and people always dunk on the Joker because people expect every mystery person to be one of Punk/Lesnar/Bryan/Samoa Joe and that's not fair to the promotion but it's also not fair to the talent coming in in these spots that everybody sees them as disappointing for not being one of those guys. The psychology of "OH WOW IT'S LIO RUSH HE'S IN AEW WOW!" going to "ah he has been eliminated" like two minutes later isn't great, either.

But yeah I really enjoyed that PPV. Jungle Boy vs. Omega should kick rear end.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I really like Eddie too but come on he is not going to be AEW champion.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

shiksa posted:

jungle boy's around the post spot made the battle royal worth it on its own

The end stretch was very good, it was just extremely boring before that. Not anyone's fault! It is a hard match to make not boring during the parts where people are entering regularly. They should stop doing one on like every other big show.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

The thing about Kenny’s reign is that there’s clearly a lot of other business decisions tied up in it. He’s the lynch pin in a pretty large cross promotional effort, and while I could definitely see it as possibly never having been intended as more than a pandemic-era arrangement, it seems like a bit of a wasted opportunity if it only really culminates in a way that affects AEW.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

motherbox posted:

The thing about Kenny’s reign is that there’s clearly a lot of other business decisions tied up in it. He’s the lynch pin in a pretty large cross promotional effort, and while I could definitely see it as possibly never having been intended as more than a pandemic-era arrangement, it seems like a bit of a wasted opportunity if it only really culminates in a way that affects AEW.

I fully predict the collapse will begin when Kenny drops the AAA belt to Andrade and then he starts losing all the belts back until he just has the AEW one left... and he becomes insane trying to hold on to his last trinket.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Also I cannot believe I popped for Sting taking off his shirt to reveal the singlet. The dive after that was just as loving insane. Especially after everyone treating him like he'd explode with one bump.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I'm afraid to google search dick togo spot after the one time I google searched big show locker room dick when someone mentioned paul wight was one

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lid posted:

I fully predict the collapse will begin when Kenny drops the AAA belt to Andrade and then he starts losing all the belts back until he just has the AEW one left... and he becomes insane trying to hold on to his last trinket.

In reverse. Kenny ain't losing anything to anyone until he drops the AEW belt.

I mean I guess he could lose the AAA belt to Andrade via DQ or countout.

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!

MJeff posted:

I don't think I have anything fewer than three stars and I had like four 4+ matches on that PPV, but I have to bitch about a couple things.

- I went into the three-way with just one hope. I just had one request. I just wanted them to do one thing for me. And that was DON'T do the Dick Togo spot. And they loving did the Dick Togo spot. It almost ruined the match for me. Finish was cool though. I'd like to see Omega do singles with both of these guys now.
- They gotta do something about these battle royales. The finishing stretches are always great (because the finishing stretches are just Jungle Boy going nuts) and I really dig Lio Rush if he is in fact All Elite, but the middle portions of these matches are R O U G H to get through and people always dunk on the Joker because people expect every mystery person to be one of Punk/Lesnar/Bryan/Samoa Joe and that's not fair to the promotion but it's also not fair to the talent coming in in these spots that everybody sees them as disappointing for not being one of those guys. The psychology of "OH WOW IT'S LIO RUSH HE'S IN AEW WOW!" going to "ah he has been eliminated" like two minutes later isn't great, either.

But yeah I really enjoyed that PPV. Jungle Boy vs. Omega should kick rear end.

I agree that the problem with the Joker is that it always comes too late into the match and there's no chafe left yet for that newcomer to eliminate. There's a reason WWE does their surprise Royal Rumble entries in the first half of the match typically.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

beggar posted:

I'm afraid to google search dick togo spot after the one time I google searched big show locker room dick when someone mentioned paul wight was one

dont get dick togo it gets cold if you dont dine in

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

beggar posted:

you live a blessed life having missed pandemic era NJPW

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mons Hubris posted:

I really like Eddie too but come on he is not going to be AEW champion.

If you don't see money in Eddie Kingston chasing the thing that will validate two decades of grinding in every bingo hall out there then I don't know what to tell you

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

beggar posted:

they just mean callis pulling the referees out the ring

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

beggar posted:

The Dick Togo spot is him climbing on the apron and choking people with some tubing

He’s actually describing the Gedo/Jay White spot of “pull ref out of the ring when his charge is totally going to lose”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Lid posted:

Don't worry, he won't. AAA gains nothing by moving the belt to another unsigned wrestler.