Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I primary had Nintendo handhelds rather than consoles, so reading other posters concerns over backward compatibly and revisions is feeling a little alien to me.

It seems clear with the merging of Nintendo's console and handheld teams there will be no return to separate console and handheld systems and that the hybrid model is here to stay. Nintendo's own public data shows that the majority of users use the system in both docked and handheld mode. Which just reinforces how good a decision a hybrid system was and doesn't put any pressure to abandon one mode or the other in the future.

As a sidenote this is the year I figured the New Switch would launch since that's in keeping with Nintendo's handheld release schedule since the Gameboy Advance and its revisions.

GBA: 2001, GBA SP: 2003, GBA Micro: 2005
DS: 2004, DS Lite: 2006, DSi: 2008
3DS: 2011, 2DS: 2013, N3DS, 2015
Switch: 2017, Switch Lite: 2019, New Switch: 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

OhFunny posted:

New Switch

Oh god they're probably gonna call it the New Switch aren't they

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Switch One X

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

amazon mexico briefly listed a "Switch Pro" on their site this morning lol

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I hope that joycon redesign turns out to be true because the current ones are absolute dog poo poo.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lastdancer posted:

Oh god they're probably gonna call it the New Switch aren't they

Then they can bring back the original Switch when everyone hates it, it's genius

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the retailer rumor was that it was being called the New Nintendo Switch Pro, lol

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
The full name is "New Nintendo Switch Pro It's A New One Not Just A Tablet"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Switch U

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

To the joy of Grandmas everywhere they will just call it The Nintendo

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

just call it "Nintendo"

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Astrochicken posted:

just call it "Nintendo"

They called the third Switch the Nintendo One.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

yeah after the Xbox One i don't think any name nintendo could give the next switch could harm its sales unless they call it Wii U

if "Xbox One" didn't cause a gently caress up, or "Xbox One X", or "Xbox One Series X", then the naming thing is probably not that relevant

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

yeah after the Xbox One i don't think any name nintendo could give the next switch could harm its sales unless they call it Wii U

if "Xbox One" didn't cause a gently caress up, or "Xbox One X", or "Xbox One Series X", then the naming thing is probably not that relevant

It’s like how band names take on a different life and meaning after some music has been produced and there’s some kind of history. Like, Beatles is an incredibly stupid name, but nobody thinks about it that way.

I think the Wii U failure is more about brand confusion than the name being stupid, which it was.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it all comes down to "The New Controller" being how it was presented in the very first trailer. just three words resulted in 4 years of misery (for Nintendo, anyway. for Nintendo fans the first-party games were all bangin')

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

In trying to name various things over the years (companies, games, fake products and places for creative projects, etc), I agree. Personal history and experience over time is what makes a name memorable. On the other hand, I also agree that names can be convoluted enough that it makes it harder to hang those memories on.

"Apple" "Pixar" "Nintendo" "Sony" "PlayStation" all stupid, silly names, heh.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
good timing for the new nintendo switch XL as i just finally finished botw yestreday and will be needing the new system for the sequel. :thanks:

Orv
May 4, 2011
God, can't wait until BotW runs like such rear end on the original Switch if the Pro happens and they're gonna be like "No yeah it's still completely supported on old switch! Totally buy it on there it's fiiiiiine"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
It will be called the switch-up
the up is for upgrade

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Seems like this should be here:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1400089827501092867?s=20

Also...

https://twitter.com/LeakyPandy/status/1400064497734373382?s=20

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

What is a “New School RPG?” Anyway,

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1400109071588642830?s=20

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

So Nintendo's willing to announce their actual E3 show two weeks in advance but they won't talk about a new hardware announcement that's supposedly happening in a day or two. Weird and also very Nintendo.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

My interpretation is that it's a spiritual sequel situation where they're making a competing Persona style JRPG that revolves around high school.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Is this the Nintendo leaker who always turns out to be right or the one that always turns out to be entirely wrong?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

stev posted:

Is this the Nintendo leaker who always turns out to be right or the one that always turns out to be entirely wrong?

I actually don’t even know. I think they have a good record?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

The United States posted:

Gonna will this thing into announcement with the sheer power of clickbait

This makes me feel ill

SUNKOS posted:

How many are there? I thought there was just the Switch and then the Lite. Is there a third version that's bigger than both?

https://www.imore.com/report-new-nintendo-super-switch-will-use-720p-oled-samsung-panels

I guess I'm thinking about the new one yeah, Bloomberg says it will be a 7 inch OLED screen in 720p

Orv
May 4, 2011
The cleansing flames of nuclear annihilation, you say? I'm in.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1400208890634047491

hotline miami 3 on the whiteboard on the back

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will give them my attention cause even when they're painfully unfunny I get a nice chuckle

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/SquareEnix/status/1400467710287306753

this should cover all the presentations

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Aw yeah gimme that Life is Strange content I crave.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Directing my mental energy into calculating the level of success the eidos montreal game would have to have for them to be allowed to make a deus ex game again

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

No Mods No Masters posted:

Directing my mental energy into calculating the level of success the eidos montreal game would have to have for them to be allowed to make a deus ex game again

Is there pretty much zero chance that the Eidos Montreal game could itself be a Deus Ex game?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

My understanding was they completely killed off any future deus ex plans after the last game bombed. I guess that was almost 5 years ago so maybe enough time for plans to change. But still seems like a pretty long shot

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

I will give them my attention cause even when they're painfully unfunny I get a nice chuckle

I was much more entertained by the mortal kombat dramatic script reading.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://twitter.com/MOOMANiBE/status/1400496245412491270?s=20
poor e3, nobody is talking to them, i hope they're doing ok :(

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Snooze Cruise posted:

https://twitter.com/MOOMANiBE/status/1400496245412491270?s=20
poor e3, nobody is talking to them, i hope they're doing ok :(

i find it funny that i probably went to the last brick and mortar E3 convention event.

No Mods No Masters posted:

My understanding was they completely killed off any future deus ex plans after the last game bombed. I guess that was almost 5 years ago so maybe enough time for plans to change. But still seems like a pretty long shot

yeah square is loving terrible when it comes to western game publishing. they seem to expect everything to sell like 7 or cod and when it doesn't they kill the IP.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, okay, sure. I'll give you my info, you've been solid in the past. And I really want exciting customizations on my unique profile.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Gamify my neg hole daddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

They should call it the “Lite Switch”