Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

When Caster was doing his "Dustin. Dustin. Dustin look at me" thing I audibly gasped because Dustin looked so pissed I was sure he was going to punch a hole through his skull for that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Lanky_Nibz posted:

I felt sad for Archer. It was a great hoss match, but yeah I honestly don't know where the Murderhawk goes from here.

My wife isn't a wrestling fan but she covertly loves OC. When Kenny pinned him with a tilt I looked at her and said "Feels bad, right?" And she went off lol. Great match tho, it was match of the night for me.

He continues being the Kane of the company. Archer is an amazing hoss but right now he's only the 2 or 3rd (after Cage) best hoss in the company. Only room for 1 TNT champion sadly. Maybe next year they really go hard on the 'the TNT title is Archer's white whale' and he wins it. Who knows? But this is absolutely Miro's time.

Observation: I really think if they're going to do a trios tournament it's time. Especially since they just set up two potential new trios for such a situation.

Have Kaz join the Wild Things. Have them win to actually get one up on the Elite instead of just clowning them in segments but losing all the actual matches. (I don't really have a problem with it not being 50/50 booking mind you it's just...The Elite are incredibly antagonistic and even though Kenny/Bucks are my favorite wrestlers in the world I'm at the point in my life where I really don't want wrestling to go that hard on antagonizing me). I feel like hanging with Kingston and Mox could really accentuate Kaz's aggressive character traits and give him an edge because Kaz is good but he's also pretty generic on his own. They probably shouldn't meet in the finals though. If they're on opposite ends of the bracket it will make the whole tournament feel like a foregone conclusion.

Lio Rush is a musician. He's not a rapper but he'd still fit as the 3rd in The Acclaimed I think.

Also Darby, Archer and Cage as team 'We respect Sting' since having Sting wrestle more than once every 3 months is probably a mistake. Provided Cage actually breaks off from Team Taz and Hook is ready to debut. Then again Starks is injured so Team Taz might need a 3rd. And if Sting can't play the anchor on a trios team they can always borrow Preston Vance.

Oh and as far as Rosa/Shida/Britt goes: the biggest problem with the women's division is that Britt is in the fact the face of the division and has been for awhile. She's been getting more time than any other woman for awhile now. I'm going to maybe go against the grain though and say it's justified because Britt has by several orders of magnitude the best character work in the women's division. Rosa has fallen off the map because she's not involved with Britt or the title which are 2 of the 3 things that get attention on Dynamite (Jade Cargill being the 3rd). Same thing happened to Nyla Rose. Same thing will probably happen to Shida sadly.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 31, 2021

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

fawning deference posted:

I think ditching Jake is the only place for Archer to go. He needs to do a "I've been held back too long, now I get to unleash the real me" thing. Otherwise, he has a "murder everyone" gimmick that doesn't work because he consistently and resoundingly loses every important match he has.

Other way around. Jake says Lance is a fraud and a loser, and turns on him, so Archer can stay face and team up with Sting and prove that the issue was Jake's management, not Archer himself.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

jungle boy vs kenny omega is a good route to slide into jurassic Express vs the bucks, I m o

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

explosivo posted:

When Caster was doing his "Dustin. Dustin. Dustin look at me" thing I audibly gasped because Dustin looked so pissed I was sure he was going to punch a hole through his skull for that one.

Then it was loving hilarious Bc after all that build up Caster was basically just like “Ya ugly.” I died.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

explosivo posted:

I thought it was gonna be the Eric Andre bit and Dustin would then punch a hole through his skull.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

:smith:

https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1399218317227929600?s=20

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Procrastinator posted:

jungle boy vs kenny omega is a good route to slide into jurassic Express vs the bucks, I m o

I have such mixed feelings about this because the match will likely be fire but I don't want to see the Bucks clown JE even though that is absolutely what should happen. Really at this point I feel like if you're gonna to drag the Bucks out for another few months it should be Best Friends who take the title from them. They've been the glue holding the rest of the tag division together and the only team that remotely feels on the level of the YB. Also that bridges to a natural feud with the Pinnacle (OC vs MJF. It's coming. We all know this).

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

My assumption is that either the Bucks or Kenny loses their title at All Out, and I can't wait!

:munch:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Britt has a whole bunch of viable challengers even if you ignore rematches. Kris Stat/Riho/Tay would all be PPV-worthy matches and Ryo too assuming she's coming back then Velvet/Leyla/Abadon would all benefit from working a shorter program with her. There's enough to keep her going to 2022 if Rosa is the way they're going. Personally though I think a 2nd reign is due for Riho. She's been away so long everyone's forgotten how much of a star she was and she's a proven draw so now she's here full-time they're going to want to re-establish that

e: I like Archer plenty but he's below Miro and Cage and also Wardlow in the hoss line so I don't really see how there's a space for him to get a title run any time soon. There's nothing wrong with being your promotion's Kane. You're always going to have a featured role and if you stick around long enough you'll get a belt eventually so that you can put someone over when you drop it.

Rarity fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 31, 2021

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
If Dark Order was higher up the card I'd say that's the natural Pinnacle feud since they have the numbers. Who does Best Friends get to shore up to five dudes? Ideally they need one of them to be a beefy guy.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Rarity posted:

Personally though I think a 2nd reign is due for Riho. She's been away so long everyone's forgotten how much of a star she was and she's a proven draw so now she's here full-time they're going to want to re-establish that

I know this is gonna be a severe minority opinion but I'm cooling on Riho. Now that the quality of the women's division has increased exponentially she just doesn't feel that special. I felt like her match last night with Deeb was mostly Deeb. And this is coming from somebody who has been critical of Deeb in the past.

(It was a terrific match mind you).

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Orange keeps disappearing into a broom closet, Fire Ant keeps weirdly stepping out

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ChrisBTY posted:

I have such mixed feelings about this because the match will likely be fire but I don't want to see the Bucks clown JE even though that is absolutely what should happen. Really at this point I feel like if you're gonna to drag the Bucks out for another few months it should be Best Friends who take the title from them. They've been the glue holding the rest of the tag division together and the only team that remotely feels on the level of the YB. Also that bridges to a natural feud with the Pinnacle (OC vs MJF. It's coming. We all know this).

Best Friends should be at the back of the line for a title run imo. When they get them it should be a huge cathartic release of 'about goddam time' and you don't get that until the likes of Lucha Bros, PnP and Jurassic Express have all had their turn

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Been saying this for a minute, but I think All Out will be FTR vs Young Bucks. FTR has been kept warm in the low heat oven for months, never dropping from Top 5, a successful feud against PnP will put them up top. Meanwhile Bucks beat Jurassic Express on a big Dynamite. After FTR, I think Bucks will drop the belts on Full Gear, but idk against whom.

-Lucha Bros and Best Friends are proooobably gonna be in a feud for the first Trios Championship. It would feel very "Cody will never challenge for the AEW title. Anyway here's a new belt" if one of them gets to dethrone the bucks and the other gets a new belt.
-Dark Order? maybe now that the pinnacle vs inner circle stuff is slowing down, they can build the big DO vs Elite feud
-Proud and Powerful loving deserve it. Not sure how it'd work if they lose to FTR and then get the next major challenge?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

My assumption is that either the Bucks or Kenny loses their title at All Out, and I can't wait!

:munch:

Zero chance.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

DeathChicken posted:

Orange keeps disappearing into a broom closet, Fire Ant keeps weirdly stepping out

My god, you don't mean... Orange Cassidy and Fire Ant... co-own a broom closet?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

MorningMoon posted:

Been saying this for a minute, but I think All Out will be FTR vs Young Bucks. FTR has been kept warm in the low heat oven for months, never dropping from Top 5, a successful feud against PnP will put them up top. Meanwhile Bucks beat Jurassic Express on a big Dynamite. After FTR, I think Bucks will drop the belts on Full Gear, but idk against whom.

-Lucha Bros and Best Friends are proooobably gonna be in a feud for the first Trios Championship. It would feel very "Cody will never challenge for the AEW title. Anyway here's a new belt" if one of them gets to dethrone the bucks and the other gets a new belt.
-Dark Order? maybe now that the pinnacle vs inner circle stuff is slowing down, they can build the big DO vs Elite feud
-Proud and Powerful loving deserve it. Not sure how it'd work if they lose to FTR and then get the next major challenge?

I feel putting the two most intensely antagonistic teams in the company in a program with each other is a bad idea. The Bucks blew the first FTR match build by trying to play heel. And even then were only half as antagonistic as they are now. If you want a second FTR reign they're going to need to take it from a face tag team (which is honestly one of the reasons I thought Wild Things were going to win last night).

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ChrisBTY posted:

I know this is gonna be a severe minority opinion but I'm cooling on Riho. Now that the quality of the women's division has increased exponentially she just doesn't feel that special. I felt like her match last night with Deeb was mostly Deeb. And this is coming from somebody who has been critical of Deeb in the past.

(It was a terrific match mind you).

Being overshadowed by Deeb doesn't really mean much considering Deeb is the best technical wrestler on the roster of any gender. And it's not Riho's workrate that makes her a star, it's the effortless way she connects with a crowd. She's just been gone for over a year so you've forgotten about it.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
If they're fixing to end the Pinnacle/Inner Circle feud, the IC would be a great group to feud with the Elite, because they've got the numbers to compete, plus, they're also practised in the art of the numbers game. Imagine Proud and Powerful taking the titles off the Bucks.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

That match is not nearly as memorable or effective with anyone but Riho

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

I feel putting the two most intensely antagonistic teams in the company in a program with each other is a bad idea. The Bucks blew the first FTR match build by trying to play heel. And even then were only half as antagonistic as they are now. If you want a second FTR reign they're going to need to take it from a face tag team (which is honestly one of the reasons I thought Wild Things were going to win last night).

Oh yeah, FTR ain't winning, but it's really, really sus how they never dropped from Top 5. I think a rematch is inevitable, specially since Matt wasn't 100% on their last one. If FTR ever win the tag belts, it'll probably be off of Jurassic Express, and it'll lead to JB's solo run.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I say again, the Bucks are going to drop the tag belts to Jungle Boy to give him his star-making moment. I don't get why other people don't see this coming.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

I really, really want to see Ryo Mizunami in front of a full crowd.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
here's jericho's post show speech. timestamped to start after the singalong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpqV4SAVlEA&t=149s

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Writer Cath posted:

If they're fixing to end the Pinnacle/Inner Circle feud, the IC would be a great group to feud with the Elite, because they've got the numbers to compete, plus, they're also practised in the art of the numbers game. Imagine Proud and Powerful taking the titles off the Bucks.

Agreed, I think this is the way to go and PnP absolutely need to be the next champs. I am ok with having FTR in there, maybe run a triple threat at some point, but it's long past time to strap up Santana and Ortiz.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Are they turning TH2? If so they might be a fun pairing with Archer.

They are not doing anything with TH2

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It was really hosed up of whoever to just take a picture of Shida after she collapsed rather than help her up.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Penguin Patrol posted:

here's jericho's post show speech. timestamped to start after the singalong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpqV4SAVlEA&t=149s

This is great :unsmith:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

I only ask because they have Evans against Pentagon on Elevation. May not mean anything though.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Rarity posted:

I say again, the Bucks are going to drop the tag belts to Jungle Boy to give him his star-making moment. I don't get why other people don't see this coming.

I feel like Jungle Boy's star-making moment should be as a singles guy.

Plus,

flashy_mcflash posted:

PnP absolutely need to be the next champs...it's long past time to strap up Santana and Ortiz.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flashy_mcflash posted:

I only ask because they have Evans against Pentagon on Elevation. May not mean anything though.

90% of Elevation matches don't mean anything

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Rarity posted:

I was going to say 'because he's not ready yet. He's still dull as dishwater despite being stupidly amazing in the ring for a 22 year old'
Then I remember the god pop he got last night.
I will say that JE hasn't been pushed as the kind of team that's championship level recently. The last big feud they had involved getting pinned by Tully Blanchard. (I don't really remember if Tully got the pin but either way).

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

My idea for TH2 is for them to be a trio with a heel Joey Janela with a Hotline Miami gimmick/aesthetic.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

It was so loving funny

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

I was going to say 'because he's not ready yet. He's still dull as dishwater despite being stupidly amazing in the ring for a 22 year old'
Then I remember the god pop he got last night.

They just like the song. It's a good song!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

El Generico posted:

My idea for TH2 is for them to be a trio with a heel Joey Janela with a Hotline Miami gimmick/aesthetic.

:yeah:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Very good PPV. First few matches were excellent. Page/Cage was hot. TNT match was great. Tag match was unreal, Bucks are the best tag team in the company. Battle royale was decent, I liked the ending. Cody v Ogogo was a waste of time, I dunno what's going on with the Nightmare Factory stuff but it stinks. Three way was good but the ending was a bit WWE. Stadium Stampede was good. Loved to hear all the fans back. Britt was mega over.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Chair Lair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Folding Chair Fortress