Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm rewatching the main event and I just picked up on the glorious pettiness of PAC being announced as 206lbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I was so scared for Christian that they were going to put him over JB by the end of that Battle Royale, he would’ve gotten “Hogan is the Third Man” level trash thrown at him.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I like what they're doing with Christian. He's a crafty vet, so there's no shame losing to him, but he's also talented and wily enough to pull out wins. It seems like they've struck a good balance.

I was not expecting such a pop for the Christian/Matt face off and given the camera work, I don't think AEW was either.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I was so scared for Christian that they were going to put him over JB by the end of that Battle Royale, he would’ve gotten “Hogan is the Third Man” level trash thrown at him.

Christian going heel as the veteran that demands the spotlight again against JB would be genuinely great to watch

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I was also worried, and I think that was the intent. Smart booking! (maybe)

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Hefty Leftist posted:

Christian going heel as the veteran that demands the spotlight again against JB would be genuinely great to watch

Wouldn’t hate it, I always liked Christian better as a heel.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

my favorite moment of the night was still the dogs getting a monster pop, that dog is a star

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5rAdBUZ1Zk

Shoot Nike Ls

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Rarity posted:

Catching up with the hot takes

Rosa: People are saying that she's been ignored or erased or whatever but she's the #2 ranked woman in the division so she's clearly still valued as important by the company. I think what people are mad about here is less 'AEW's neglecting Rosa' and more 'AEW still struggles to have more than one women's storyline'. That's the reason she's not been on Dynamite much, not because they don't want to push her. Also MJeff Rosa's post-Lights Out promo did make Dynamite, it was part of the match highlights package the very next week

Shida: I get that they were scrambling for time all night and still only just brought it in by midnight but the cameras really should have shown us the THANK YOU SHIDA moment. That's the only real valid complaint I think is there, apart from that Britt was mega over and always going to get cheered so what could they do? The whole point of AEW is they don't do the 'you cheer who we tell you to cheer' thing

Cody: Cody rarely ever gets beat because when you beat Cody it loving makes you. Ogogo didn't need to beat Cody here, all he needed to do is exactly what he did which is come out and show that he's got real wrestling skills and a ton of potential. He lost and everyone's still talking about him. It doesn't ruin his character or kill his push in the womb or anything like that, he's clearly going to be a force and all he needs to do is rack up a few Dynamite wins and he'll be fine.

Agree with all of this. Good god almighty folks

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I almost didn’t buy this but dammnnn I’m glad I did, my entire house was popping all night long.

I hate nationalistic poo poo and am firmly :d2a: but Cody’s costume was hilarious and absolutely ruled.

I totally forgot the pops jungle boy got! Also shout out to my boy evil uno.

Stop talking about Brian pillmans jrs dead dad. That poo poo would drive me nuts were I in his position. I like the varsity blondes quite a bit.

Lots of people over like hell and I’m sure it was a great feeling for all of them to be in front of a crowd again.

Tully and FTR in the “disco” was hilarious.

Everything was excellent though. Sammy G is the man. Everyone in my house was laughing and smiling all night! Great way to end the show.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

They just like the song. It's a good song!

Jungle Boy is only entrance music over :v:

e:

nuketulsa posted:

Stop talking about Brian pillmans jrs dead dad. That poo poo would drive me nuts were I in his position. I like the varsity blondes quite a bit.

100% agree with this. I cringed hard at JR's line that had no segue or any kind of prompt. Was just shoehorned in there as "he's really popular now that people remember his dead dad".

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 31, 2021

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Show started and ended super well, the middle was merely good

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Penguin Patrol posted:

here's jericho's post show speech. timestamped to start after the singalong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpqV4SAVlEA&t=149s

this crowd was loving it. very cool

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rick Knox just standing there like a spare rear end in a top hat for what felt like forever while the Bucks double teamed Moxley and Kingston stood on the apron was kind of dumb. Where was the count? Where was any attempt to remove the non-legal Buck?

It’s not like it was even a “match has descended into chaos” moment because Kingston was right there ready and waiting.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Oh Snapple! posted:

That match is not nearly as memorable or effective with anyone but Riho

I agree. Riho is really good at being a face in peril

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

El Generico posted:

I really, really want to see Ryo Mizunami in front of a full crowd.

also maki itoh

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

the funniest part of the bar fight in stadium stampede was the patrons sitting there stiff as hell like cyberpunk npcs I was cackling at the unnaturalness of it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Rick Knox just standing there like a spare rear end in a top hat for what felt like forever while the Bucks double teamed Moxley and Kingston stood on the apron was kind of dumb. Where was the count? Where was any attempt to remove the non-legal Buck?

It’s not like it was even a “match has descended into chaos” moment because Kingston was right there ready and waiting.

Knox has allowed the Bucks to maul people like that in multiple matches and commentary has called it out. I think it's building to something, probably when they drop the titles part of it will be that Knox isn't the ref.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
RICK "ON THE TAKE" KNOX :argh:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you should watch BTE lmao

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
hot boi summer t-shirt

where is it aew

you're leaving money on the table here

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Cody’s entrance gear was like how Americans are portrayed in Anime. He should have came to the ring in an eagle shaped gundam.

Penguin Patrol posted:

hot boi summer t-shirt

where is it aew

you're leaving money on the table here

It should only be available as a crop top.

Bless whoever at AEW decided to give JD Drake a himbo gimmick

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
That PPV was loving excellent. I loved everything on it, I think it's genuinely the show I've enjoyed the most since ECW One Night Stand in 2005.

Deeb/Riho was a good match to start the night off. Page/Cage was loving awesome. I'm in awe of the stuff Cage is capable of and when he eventually goes on a face run and lays waste to all the other hosses it's going to be some special stuff.

I was extremely entertained by the tag title match. This would have been match of the night for me on just about any other show. Hearing Eddie Kingston get huge chants was heart warming as hell.

The battle royal was fun enough, especially the end. I really want to see a full Jungle Boy/Christian match because it seems like they could blow the doors off. The only big problem is the director still has no loving idea what they're doing when it comes to battle royals, they miss so many drat spots and eliminations just needlessly buzzing around to different cuts.

I loved Cody and Ogogo. Cody going over was the obvious and correct choice, but they left a lot out there to show that Ogogo will be a star with some more seasoning. For being his first 'real' match I was really impressed with him. Cody is the drat best. Thinking of the Nightmare Family vs. Factory feud in general, I could see Comorato bringing back a big win over Dustin. They're on a collision course after the battle royal.

Miro/Archer was cool. Hoss offs are the best.

Britt winning was excellent. She has 'it' way more than any other woman on the roster. I'm just surprised this didn't happen sooner, but waiting until the crowds were back was the right move. Really excited to see where this goes and who her first feud will be.

I was shocked by how drat good Sting looked in the ring. The man is a legend and a legit special attraction and putting Darby with him was gold. Scorpio Sky still doesn't do much for me but I'm really growing on Ethan Page. He can cut a drat good promo and has one of the best finishers in the business. Eager to see more with him.

The three way for the title was one of the best I've ever seen for a world title. Each guy came out of that looking phenomenal.

Stadium Stampede was epic. These are the most fun matches there are. Everyone had great moments to shine. Can't say enough good things about it. May Inner Circle reign forever

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dacap posted:

Cody’s entrance gear was like how Americans are portrayed in Anime. He should have came to the ring in an eagle shaped gundam.

Cody felt like he could of walked into a My Hero Acedmia chapter and be the villain...I mean Hero of the week

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It was a really fun touch that Cage didn't particularly seem in much trouble at all, before his team interfered for Reasons and screwed him over

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The correct answer to "who's the legal man" quibbiling is who gives a poo poo. Tag matches are much better when people stop giving a poo poo about it and part of the reasons the Bucks are good is because they took that lesson from their Dragon Gate tours to heart.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Dacap posted:

dr gel vibes

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dacap posted:

It should only be available as a crop top.

Bless whoever at AEW decided to give JD Drake a himbo gimmick

Working class blue collar brawler himbo really is becoming my favorite version of the blue collar guy gimmick.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dacap posted:

Cody's going to get Funny Valentine's back scars for the 4th of July show.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
where do you take cody v the factory from here, honestly. he's beaten qt, easily, he beat the star pupil next big thing while dressed as homelander, so what if Dustin takes on comatoro its basically too late to do that match unless Aaron solow is gonna somehow take down cody.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

shiksa posted:

where do you take cody v the factory from here, honestly. he's beaten qt, easily, he beat the star pupil next big thing while dressed as homelander, so what if Dustin takes on comatoro its basically too late to do that match unless Aaron solow is gonna somehow take down cody.

Rerun the matches but this time QT and Ogogo pull out knives on Cody and stab him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

shiksa posted:

Comoroto will have to kill Dustin in the ring.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

Rerun the matches but this time QT and Ogogo pull out knives on Cody and stab him.

Cody kicks out at 2

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Cody is stabbed 23 times by each and every one of the Factory, beats QT again by rollup

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Et tu, QT?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The thing with the "when you beat Cody it makes you" thing is thus far in the entire history of AEW Cody has lost exactly four singles matches, and they were Jericho, MJF, Brodie and Darby, one of whom really did not need a victory over Cody to legitimize them and one of whom through no fault of anyone's wound up being tragically wasted, but at the end of the day it means he's functionally made two people, and in that same timeframe he's gone over Ogogo, QT, Penta, Scorpio, Jungle Boy, Lance Archer, Spears and Orange Cassidy. He had to stop Darby several times before Darby got his and he went over Orange Cassidy right after Cassidy's big hot streak where they put him over Jericho. It's not as simple as "Cody sucks and should lose all the time," but it's also not at all unreasonable for a lot of people to be frustrated with Cody's booking.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

New BTE. Very Bucks-centric, much more vlog than the usual sketch show style. https://youtu.be/y5rAdBUZ1Zk

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cody should have never done the “can’t challenge for the world title” stip because it’s done nothing for people’s perception about him like he intended

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dimebags Brain posted:

The correct answer to "who's the legal man" quibbiling is who gives a poo poo. Tag matches are much better when people stop giving a poo poo about it and part of the reasons the Bucks are good is because they took that lesson from their Dragon Gate tours to heart.

It’s not quibbling about who the legal man is, it’s just stupid as gently caress to have one team member stand there like a goober while the other gets double teamed with no end in sight.

Either count and remove the illegal man or have the other guy get in the ring too and go full clusterfuck. It made Eddie look stupid too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

eddie wasn't just standing there, he was sitting on his corner selling his knee the entire time