Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Hello, Highway Hobgoblin here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kvlt! posted:

tag yourself I'm suture dissect torture kill!

I was going to say "That isn't on the list", but there's two lists. On the other list you're Jesus Stole My Bong, of course.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Fire Car
Fire Car 2: Ice Car
lmao

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Glad y'all dig these! They were very fun to generate, I was cracking up the whole time and having fun imagining the subgenre or plot of all of them.

Shoot Now, Kill Later — a bargain-bin Eurospy flick
The Many Colors of the Devil — a no-plot snapshot of a trippy 1970s satanic cult
The Ghost Who Turned to Ash — a somber, slow, black and white, German, debatably-supernatural drama
Hell's Hired Guards — a low-budget nazisploitation flick about a cruel POW canp
Taste of a Woman's Soul — a haunting, meditative giallo, possibly about a cannibal

e: Also I imagine the titular "creeps" to be essentially ghoulies but coded as basement-dwelling toxic 4chan dweebs.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 31, 2021

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

The Hands That Scream seems like the kind of movie that would have had one of those VHS covers at Blockbuster that scared the crap out of me as a kid.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I’m starting back at an ME’s office tomorrow so I am quite literally The Hands That Counted The Dead

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

feedmyleg posted:

Glad y'all dig these! They were very fun to generate, I was cracking up the whole time and having fun imagining the subgenre or plot of all of them.

Shoot Now, Kill Later — a bargain-bin Eurospy flick
The Many Colors of the Devil — a no-plot snapshot of a trippy 1970s satanic cult
The Ghost Who Turned to Ash — a somber, slow, black and white, German, debatably-supernatural drama
Hell's Hired Guards — a low-budget nazisploitation flick about a cruel POW canp
Taste of a Woman's Soul — a haunting, meditative giallo, possibly about a cannibal

e: Also I imagine the titular "creeps" to be essentially ghoulies but coded as basement-dwelling toxic 4chan dweebs.

Sorry for reposting it before you could, I haven't figured out all the thread regulars yet!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I popped it in the Discord but didn't know if it was going to get any traction in here, you made the right call!

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

Flying Zamboni posted:

The Hands That Scream seems like the kind of movie that would have had one of those VHS covers at Blockbuster that scared the crap out of me as a kid.

I was initially thinking The Hands That Scream would have been a more accurate name for Amicus’s And Now the Screaming Starts but now I think it should be the title of a giallo where a masked killer stalks a deaf woman, like if Hush was a giallo

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Flying Zamboni posted:

That reminds me of the time a couple of years ago I got bored at work one afternoon and came up with a bunch of fake movie titles, I tried to cover as many genres as I could and it was surprisingly not too difficult once I got into the rhythm of it.

The Glass Songbird Sings for Death is 100% a dreamlike Euro-horror (Italian/something co-production) from 1973 that makes up for the loose plot with stylistic visuals. Starring a British or American actor but otherwise with an Italian cast.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 31, 2021

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

FreudianSlippers posted:

The Glass Songbird Sings for Death is 100% a dreamlike Euro-horror (Italian/something co-production) from 1973 that makes up for the loose plot with stylistic visuals. Starring a British or American actor but otherwise with an Italian cast.

And apparently Crabs! actually is in post production.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Reminds me of the classic giallo generator.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Kvlt! posted:

Are there any good car/truck horror movies that aren't Maximum Overdrive, Christine or (I know its not horror but it kinda fits the bill of what I'm looking for) the Death Race series

I enjoyed Monster Man in my late teens. I keep meaning to revisit it. Two teens go on a road trip to the middle of nowhere pick up a beautiful hitchhiker, get on the wrong side of the locals and end up getting terrorised by a freak who chases after them in a monster truck.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Y'all got any more suggestions for films where the undead ride horses for my list:

https://letterboxd.com/gnonn/list/films-featuring-the-undead-riding-horses/

I'm probably forgetting a lot of obvious entries.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Army of Darkness

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

Y'all got any more suggestions for films where the undead ride horses for my list:

If they can be fake undead, Night Creatures.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Darby O'Gill and the Little People has a ghost carriage.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Now that's where I'm a bit divided.

Does a carriage count?

I haven't made up my mind yet.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

if a carriage counts you can prob squeeze cinderella into that list

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Now that's where I'm a bit divided.

Does a carriage count?

I haven't made up my mind yet.

It's pulled by scary as hell ghost horses.

And the driver doesn't have a head.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

really wanna watch The Goat Annihilator

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FreudianSlippers posted:

There's like 8 more Blind Dead movies to add there

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Even the one one a boat?

I've only seen the first one because I'm a chump.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Was Blood Creek mentioned for undead horses?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Skull: The Mask was really very refreshing as a slasher that actually had some creativity and uniqueness to it outside of just the kills. Stuff like Hatchet is fine but just because we all know we're gonna end up with a hulking monster mowing people down doesn't mean it's not nice to have some good stuff to chew on while you get there. And I loved all the wrestling moves they used.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hatchet doesn't even have that good of a monster.

He's just a disfigured guy in overalls and half the film is him getting easily beaten by regular people because his entire move is just popping out of the shrubbery and running towards them.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

FreudianSlippers posted:

Hatchet doesn't even have that good of a monster.

He's just a disfigured guy in overalls and half the film is him getting easily beaten by regular people because his entire move is just popping out of the shrubbery and running towards them.

Yea that's sort of what I'm getting at, Hatchet/Adam Green almost wear the paper thin plot and unoriginal slasher as a badge of honor. It's like, "we know all you want is some gnarly kills with sweet practical effects, so we're gonna give that to you in spades and who cares about anything else".

But that's lazy and something like Skull: The Mask is a good example of why. You can do both, to make a good slasher you don't need to purposely inject the movie with flaws just to make it feel more "classic" or whatever.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Good haul from TetroVideo today

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Kvlt! posted:

Laughing at the lighter placement

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Basebf555 posted:

Yea that's sort of what I'm getting at, Hatchet/Adam Green almost wear the paper thin plot and unoriginal slasher as a badge of honor. It's like, "we know all you want is some gnarly kills with sweet practical effects, so we're gonna give that to you in spades and who cares about anything else".

But that's lazy and something like Skull: The Mask is a good example of why. You can do both, to make a good slasher you don't need to purposely inject the movie with flaws just to make it feel more "classic" or whatever.

I really need to check it out.

Too bad Shudder is hostile to VPN excursion.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

AKZ posted:

Cub aka Welp on Shudder was pretty wild. I did not expect a few of the turns it took and quite how it ramped up. Did not expect a child knife fight in a vertical partially flooded subway car(?)

This movie completely rocks, I saw it years ago at a festival and forgot it was added to Shudder. I'm actually kinda surprised it never really went anywhere before now.

I think I mentioned it but the very end when the title card comes up and just says WELP is the hardest I've ever laughed in a movie theatre.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

FreudianSlippers posted:

I really need to check it out.

Too bad Shudder is hostile to VPN excursion.

I use Shudder through a VPN (Private Internet Access) and as long as I clear the app's cache and force stop it when I change regions it works fine

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I use Express VPN all the time for Shudder. I don't even think I do any cachenanigans, just switch regions and refresh.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I have NordVPN and sometimes just switching to a different IP makes stubborn sites start working for me.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I use Private Interner Access too and it works

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Maybe I need to try again.

Last time I tried they denied me a trial because my card isn't registered in one of the countries that have Shudder.

And living in a market that's the size of a small town in a real country I don't think I can expect Shudder here anytime soon.

On the bright side I can use the Arrow player without any VPN.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 1, 2021

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Ah right, yeah that'll do it. I think everyone posting above is just using it from an eligible country to geolocate to another eligible country. That's certainly what I'm doing.

Sorry for getting your hopes up :smith:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ah, yeah that's definitely the case. I'm VPNing in from Canada to access the US library.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Kvlt! posted:

What's hidden in the woods, her pants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Im assuming either a murder weapon, corpse, or penis.