Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

enigmahfc posted:

I hope he does it for 7 more years just to spite you.

it's okay if he does because i can just mute the tv as he mush-mouths through the same tired cliches he's been using for 30 years, and forgetting wrestler names, and saying outright untrue things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

it's okay if he does because i can just mute the tv as he mush-mouths through the same tired cliches he's been using for 30 years, and forgetting wrestler names, and saying outright untrue things

I just wish somebody would get him a fuckin' lozenge

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Conversely, please give me a JR solo podcast where he talks about his favorite film franchises, Godzilla and King Kong.:allears:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/TheLionelGreen/status/1399470129839177729

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I was just sprinting down the internet hallways to post this. Why I oughtta

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

He's quicker than a hiccup

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Nick Jr. Face posted:

JR certainly seemed to take Excalibur correcting him when he said Ogogo was from Wales personally

PAC, but yeah. He also got real disdainful when Excalibur called something by its Japanese name (“Oh yeah, would hate to get hit by (move).”) and straight up forgot the name of who he was talking about during a head on segment when Tony was out of the booth.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Nick Jr. Face posted:

JR certainly seemed to take Excalibur correcting him when he said Ogogo was from Wales personally

I hate to correct you Nick Jr. but he said PAC was from Wales, how ironic

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Ohh missed the Pazuzu lettering on the gear at first. Love it.

Pinky Sanchez is All Elite

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I saw somebody describe Christian Cage as "motivational dad to the young faces who will immediately turn around and play dirty to kick the crap out of the Matt Hardys of the world" and it's so perfect.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is dynamite on Friday again this week?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is dynamite on Friday again this week?

Yeah. But I think back to Wednesdays after that.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Rarity posted:

I hate to correct you Nick Jr. but he said PAC was from Wales, how ironic
Someone beat you to correcting me by eight minutes, but thanks!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm glad Mark and Lio squashed their beef

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm glad Mark and Lio squashed their beef

Maybe after their long and in-depth conversation they hate each other even more.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lamuella posted:

Pinky Sanchez is All Elite

Do not play with my heart. Pinkie is a good boy.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Double or Nothing is probably my favorite AEW show ever, I loved everything that didn't involve Cody. The triple threat was on its way to being my match of the year before the finish (and disappointment is what I was supposed to feel at that finish, job well done).

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

PAC, but yeah. He also got real disdainful when Excalibur called something by its Japanese name (“Oh yeah, would hate to get hit by (move).”) and straight up forgot the name of who he was talking about during a head on segment when Tony was out of the booth.

He might have done this twice. Ex and Tony where there looking at him awkwardly as he tried to will Orange Cassidy's name it's his brain. That was really bad. And when the camera was on them he kept looking down at his papers, but with the hat it looked like he kept dozing off for several seconds. Then there's the out of date references and just old person weirdness. He had a great run but he is rough now.

Loved the show, tho. Best PPV I've seen in very long time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Caught up on the show other than Riho/Deeb which I will watch in a big. Great show, Cody/Ogogo, Baker/Shida and the battle royal weren't great but were fine. Page/Cage, tag title, TNT title and the Sting/Darby tag were all great, Stadium Stampede was fantastic and the title match was good too.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Nick Jr. Face posted:

JR certainly seemed to take Excalibur correcting him when he said OgogoPAC was from Wales personally

My favorite was when JR called a move "The Belly-to-Back Suplex" and Taz "corrected" him by calling it a "German Suplex".

They're the same thing. JR's sarcasm on that was great.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JR before his bedtime is great. But after 1030pm EST all bets are off

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My son is watching the three way.

“I think orange Cassidy is going to win. Everyone at AEW knows that he is way too popular not to win.”

Oh man this is gonna be good.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Davros1 posted:

My favorite was when JR called a move "The Belly-to-Back Suplex" and Taz "corrected" him by calling it a "German Suplex".

They're the same thing. JR's sarcasm on that was great.

While the German suplex is a form of belly to back suplex, it's not the form usually referred to by this name, which looks like this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Jake probably had his own Disco Elysium in the 90's

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lamuella posted:

While the German suplex is a form of belly to back suplex, it's not the form usually referred to by this name, which looks like this:

That's a Back Suplex, not to be confused with a Backdrop Suplex aka a Waistlock Suplex.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Halfway through the match. Who do you think is winning right now? Probably not orange Cassidy. But I know he will win, because of his popularity. That’s all you need is popularity.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Lamuella posted:

That man’s belly is nowhere near the other man’s back!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I enjoyed Cody/Ogogo. I realise this makes me a double Hitler

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBMf1rLWlmI

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

it ruled.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jordan7hm posted:

My son is watching the three way.

“I think orange Cassidy is going to win. Everyone at AEW knows that he is way too popular not to win.”

Oh man this is gonna be good.
Give Jordan7hm's son the book Coward Tony

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Gonzo McFee posted:

It was pretty good and I'm mad Cody won

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Give Jordan7hm's son the book Coward Tony

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1399501946952818690

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

It was a good match on a great card and I'm just disappointed because Ogogo rules.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I hope Deeb and Rosa can escape the clutches of the NWA for good one day.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Seams posted:

Doesn't Deeb just have a few matches to fulfill with NWA? and I'll keep saying it, Rosa is getting #ALLELITE on January 1st 2022 12:01AM

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Notes from Tony Khan's post Double or Nothing press conference.

-Tony is asked about the promo he did on Nick Khan. He says he talked to NJPW about it and they thought it was a good idea so he did it. He says they're working with NJPW and will be doing more in the future.

-He's asked if he has contact with anyone in WWE. He says mostly back channel stuff like getting the Jericho on Austin's podcast worked out.

-He sort of rambles a while about going back on the road, it's weirdly nonsensical he sounds pretty tired which is understandable after that kind of weekend. He talks about how he wish Brodie could have been here to see the crowds back. Same man.

-He's asked about Orange Cassidy's tremendous rise. He talks about how his plan was to very slowly reveal how good of a wrestler Cassidy is, he talks about how he built to Orange vs. Pac since 2019 and no one realized where he was going with it because that was the match that was going get over how good Cassidy's ring work is the best (He was right). He knew the "He's gonna try" chant would happen and was happy it did. He talks about how hard it is to develop character without the crowd reactions.

-He talks about Mark Henry. Tony says they're good friends and Mark Henry came to him with ideas he really liked. He talks about his value as a mentor.

-He is asked about the growth of Hangman and Britt, he puts Britt over a lot and talks about how a year ago Hangman was doing commentary drunk and mentions all of his accolades, also Hangman's wife is pregnant.

-He says he has a big announcement soon about one of their current top stars being a commentator on Rampage

-Asked about Sting, Tony says he had high expectations for Sting and he's exceeded them, he didn't expect him to wrestle but he's very pleased by how that's worked out.

-Asked about further crossover with Impact, especially the women. He says he's open to more cross over. He puts over Private Party's work there and says he has big plans for them.

-He's asked about the commentator recently fired. He says there was no excuse for what was said, he apologized to the other commentators and thinks he made the right decision.

-He says Rampage will have a different presentation, it will be both taped and live but it will be live to start. Says the Friday the 13th show will be big.

-He says he apologized to Rosa as well and feels it was wrong that she was put in that uncomfortable position. He talks about how great a wrestler she is, he then goes on to talk about how a lot of the Dark and Elevation talent are getting great reactions on PPVs and Dynamite and how he's happy with that. He says he's not interested in making cuts and wants to grow his company, talks about how these shows are a great pipeline for getting new talent.

-He talks about how he has been trying to put angles and great matches on Elevation, and he's excited for the upcoming episodes with a hot crowd and how they will be received.

-He says a snake was not hurt

-Asked about the greatest of all time, Jade Cargill. He says she's one of the greatest atheletes and he's investing a lot in her.

-Lio Rush is on a handshake deal with both AEW and NJPW.

-He talks about Jungle Boy being a key wrestler going forward. Lots about the long term booking he sticks to, and how he's had plans for Jungle Boy for over a year. It definitely seems to me that post pandemic Khan is going to really try to live these plans out rapidly.

-He says Pentagon told him they'll be releasing more UFO footage soon that will prove we are not alone in the galaxy, that we should have ciro miedo and submit to our new overlords.

-He says they'll still do cinematic matches sometimes.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Seams posted:

Deeb is signed full time to AEW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hangman is gonna be a hot dad.