Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

DuhSal posted:

wasn't all out in august once or was that my imagination? if not, all out should be in august.

First one was on August 31st

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cavauro posted:

if you have over 100 belts that's so special i don't even know how to talk it. What is the maximum belts?

you can fit 16 in the memory card

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

MJeff posted:

NWA has a midcard belt where if you retain it seven times, you get a world title shot, also the time limit for matches is 10 minutes.

I don't necessarily think AEW should have that but I think it's kinda cute.

Yeah something like that is a great idea, it gives people reasons to want to go for the midcard title instead of the heavyweight directly, and brings stakes to the title matches. This guy only needs two more defences for a world title shot, can he pull it off???? Or can this other young guy start his own reign?? Etc.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MJeff posted:

NWA has a midcard belt where if you retain it seven times, you get a world title shot, also the time limit for matches is 10 minutes.

basically the gift of the gods belt

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I wish AEW PPVs would go back to Saturday nights but who am I to complain

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
scheduling anything on the two guaranteed 3 day weekends in american summer is dumb as gently caress, let the people have their time

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Pylons posted:

Yeah, The Acclaimed, Varsity Blonds, and Men of The Year are TK pairings. I think Sting and Darby too.

Chaos Project too. I think Tony Khan views the singles stars as halves of tag teams he needs to find the right partner for.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

graph posted:

scheduling anything on the two guaranteed 3 day weekends in american summer is dumb as gently caress, let the people have their time

lol

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

graph posted:

It's actually the perfect time.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

MJeff posted:

I assume people just *get* title shots some other way as well, unless they go a minimum 8 weeks between world title matches?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MJeff posted:

Kinda what I was getting at with that FCW medal. It was 15 minute ironmans, though that's kinda weird because there typically aren't that many falls in a 15 minute match.

Either way stipulation belts are cool, titles that aren't belts are cool, and bringing in championships from other feds is cool and I hope they do more of that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

bringing in championships from other feds is cool and I hope they do more of that.

This is my absolute favourite part of AEW. Mox defending the IWGP belt, Deeb/Rosa the NWA belt, Kenny with the AAA, I love all that stuff.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Bucks/Lucha Bros ladder match at All Out 2019 was for the AAA tag titles too.

What I really like about it is that while people are talking about not enough belts and too much roster, some of them are still recognized champions like Mox. Granted it's not defended much, but when it is, it always feels special.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I wish AEW PPVs would go back to Saturday nights but who am I to complain

Full Gear is back to Saturday, thankfully.

I find it really odd that only ~20% of regular viewers at most buy the PPVs. I guess this has always been true in wrestling but I’ve never really thought about it until now. Why do the other 80% of people watch wrestling every week if they aren’t gonna shell out for the most exciting cards where almost every storyline they’ve been following along with is going to be paid off?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

History Comes Inside! posted:

I find it really odd that only ~20% of regular viewers at most buy the PPVs. I guess this has always been true in wrestling but I’ve never really thought about it until now. Why do the other 80% of people watch wrestling every week if they aren’t gonna shell out for the most exciting cards where almost every storyline they’ve been following along with is going to be paid off?

Well it's not counting pirated streams or people who go to somebody else's house to watch.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They're pirating them

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

a lot of people can't justify the expense, also a lot of people just watch wrestling without being super invested in it. this forum and internet fandom in general are super non-representative of wrestling watchers

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Also AEW delivers really good quality shows every week so while the PPVs always feel special they don't feel like the only thing that's special

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Guys that was such a good PPV

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I have no idea why my brain came up with this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lamuella posted:

I have no idea why my brain came up with this.

lol

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
some Dark matches have been announced (this guy posted them on twitter)
Bear Bronson v. Jungle Boy
Cezar Bononi & Ryan Nemeth v. Billy and Colten Gun
Robyn Renegade v. Kris Statlander
Diamanté v. Red Velvet
TH2 & Serpentico v. V, Stu Greyson, & Alex Reynolds

Robyn is pretty good, that trio is pretty weird.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The only other belts I ever want to see AEW add are a trios belt and the Gift of the Gods belt.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I think that was AEW's best PPV to date, which is saying a lot. The only dud for me was Cody v Ogogo, and even that was technically fine, it just felt more like it should be a Dynamite midcard match, not a PPV level match. That said, Ogogo is pretty good and I imagine we'll see better stuff from him in the future.

I also love PPVs on 3 day weekends. I didn't get to watch it Sunday night, but I could watch on Monday morning unspoiled.

OC/Pac/Omega was the highlight of the show for me. I normally hate the formula where a heel champ is about to lose, cheats, and then wins. But this was a really good way to do it. PAC gets the belt shots, so OC still has a chance to win. And he *almost* does, until Kenny manages to just barely outwrestle him for a second. Good stuff and a good way to keep a Pac v Kenny or OC v Kenny singles match viable down the line.

Bann
Jan 14, 2019

The Darby/Ethan Page is building to a live action re-creation of the this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G1eLTV89dM&t=209s

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

Robyn is pretty good, that trio is pretty weird.
Mini arc where Serpentico realizes that normal tag teams provide support and safety

Also squares off with V and they just look at each other for a moment like "I know, man. I know."

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Mini arc where Serpentico realizes that normal tag teams provide support and safety

Also squares off with V and they just look at each other for a moment like "I know, man. I know."

Serpentico: all right, Five's in the corner, time for you to pick me up and bodyslam me into him.
Jack Evans: wait... why would I do that? Just dropkick him or something.
Serpentico: But that's what tag partners do, isn't it? Use you as a weapon?
Angelico: Serpentico, why are you crying?
Serpentico: I'M NOT CRYING! YOU'RE CRYING! *bodyslams himself into Five*

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Hey everyone I made a meme

Day Crew Bump.

Please add this hilarious meme to all OPs going forward

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Lamuella posted:

Serpentico: all right, Five's in the corner, time for you to pick me up and bodyslam me into him.
Jack Evans: wait... why would I do that? Just dropkick him or something.
Serpentico: But that's what tag partners do, isn't it? Use you as a weapon?
Angelico: Serpentico, why are you crying?
Serpentico: I'M NOT CRYING! YOU'RE CRYING! *bodyslams himself into Five*

AEW's depth of storytelling continues to surprise me - the Lore of the Chaos Project.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

a lot of people can't justify the expense, also a lot of people just watch wrestling without being super invested in it. this forum and internet fandom in general are super non-representative of wrestling watchers

Also watch parties are a thing, whether physically at someone's house or over stuff like Kast or Discord. Cinemark was doing showings as well and then you had bars (are bars showing wrestling PPVs still a thing?) showing it as well. I imagine the total number of eyeballs on the PPV is probably a good deal higher than 150k, just like the actual number on WWE PPVs pre-network were a lot higher.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Looks like Awesome Kong’s contract finally ran out, she’s no longer on the roster page.

Shanna’s also gone, but I have to assume that was a straight up release because when they brought her in they talked about her being signed for 3 years.

Mel is still on there somehow.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Looks like Awesome Kong’s contract finally ran out, she’s no longer on the roster page.

Shanna’s also gone, but I have to assume that was a straight up release because when they brought her in they talked about her being signed for 3 years.

Wasn't Kong a coach backstage?

Good to see Christian put Jungle boy over on Dark. I guess Matt Hardy and Him feuding makes sense.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Did anything ever come out about exactly what happened in that Leyla/Shanna match? To my eyes it looked like Leyla locked in her finisher and Shanna didn't want to tap out to to it for some reason, then Leyla legitimately locked it in to force her to tap. It was really weird, felt like Shanna went into business for herself.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Matt coming out and calling Christian is piece of poo poo was super funny to me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Shanna’s also gone, but I have to assume that was a straight up release

Good

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Forceholy posted:

Wasn't Kong a coach backstage?

I don’t think so, at least I don’t recall it being reported she was ever backstage after Nightmare Collective fell apart and she went to film GLOW again.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I don’t think so, at least I don’t recall it being reported she was ever backstage after Nightmare Collective fell apart and she went to film GLOW again.

I thought GLOW was already dead and buried by the time this was happening, but 2020 was such a hosed up year it could just be all concept of time being out of whack.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Kong's career has been so tough for her.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

GLOW got cancelled while filming was on hiatus for COVID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
R I P to all those Gorgeous Ladies Or Wrestlers