Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shard posted:

Is Mox the longest reigning US champ for NJPW?

By a massive margin, but that's got an asterisk beside it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah but you have to imagine a lot of that is down to COVID, although it’s not like they took the first opportunity to get it off him so maybe they really would have let it ride like this the whole time.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I could have sworn the IWGP bylaws have a 90 day clause in them. Someone needs to wake the committee from stasis.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah but you have to imagine a lot of that is down to COVID, although it’s not like they took the first opportunity to get it off him so maybe they really would have let it ride like this the whole time.

Longer they keep it on him, the more often they can use him on Strong.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Longer they keep it on him, the more often they can use him on Strong.

I feel like the fact he’s now showing up at GCW of all places shows that if Mox wants to work Strong he can work Strong, title or no title.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I feel like the fact he’s now showing up at GCW of all places shows that if Mox wants to work Strong he can work Strong, title or no title.

no one wants to work Strong. Have you seen that show? its worse than WWE.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
hey y'all remember when Britt's theme had vocals by Downstait's sister that they ended up not using because they were so terrible?

edit: GET SOME NOVACAINE NOVACAINE lol gets me everytime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4AcYaZpBvM&t=224s

Penguin Patrol fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 1, 2021

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

coconono posted:

no one wants to work Strong. Have you seen that show? its worse than WWE.

Have they started having an audience yet or are they still wrestling in the dark room of a high school?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Penguin Patrol posted:

hey y'all remember when Britt's theme had vocals by Downstait's sister that they ended up not using because they were so terrible?

omg lmao

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Penguin Patrol posted:

This is astounding. It's like all the way through they're saying "she's not recorded in a studio before", and she's saying "oh god, I'm so worried this will sound terrible". And then it does in fact sound terrible.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kunabomber posted:

Have they started having an audience yet or are they still wrestling in the dark room of a high school?

Based on the New Beginning USA tours they did pre-COVID even with crowds it would still look like the dark room of a high school

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Strong is probably the best thing NJPW has going for it right now, which makes the lovely production value and the presence of Hikuleo that much more unfortunate.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Pylons posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8C-_eRFaBg

Men of The Year are really growing on me.

I'm glad that they found a way to keep the "Reach! for the! Sky!" bit. It's a really good bit, and would have been tragic to lose it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I just rewatched it and it definitely fell apart when Shanna slapped her and Leyla hit her with a double leg takedown(after the match when Leyla went at her in the corner she was saying “don’t you ever slap me like that again.”)

Massive lol that Shanna decided to shoot on Leyla of all people. Like that's a match up where you are 100% guaranteed to catch an absolute asswhipping. Good on Turner for inserting himself at the end there too to keep anybody (Shanna) from really getting hurt.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I guess she was really pissed that she had to put over a rookie and tried to do something like regal vs goldberg

except that regal could absolutely beat goldberg in a shoot

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Penguin Patrol posted:

I feel like they did use this at first? Maybe they swapped it out when she turned heel but I could've sworn they did actually use this at least once.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Penguin Patrol posted:

hahaha

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Here's the elevation match, imo the weird and awkward pretty much from the beginning, and there was definitely some real anger on both sides by the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AWeeFiHm0o&t=5656s

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yeah, if at any point their plans had been for that belt to not be on Mox, they would've found a way for it to not be on Mox. The reason they didn't strip him was because he's their guy. He likely would've just been racking up defenses this entire time.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Since Anna Jay can have a friend outside the DO, I want John Silver and Leyla Hirsch to be best friends.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wild Thing w/ Crowd Status IMHO: Sucks Less, Still Not As Good

Nothing was worse in this context than the Troggs version though, so I'm glad they switched that up. Also I really don't know where they go with Mox from here. I feel like what I was dreading when he lost the title is happening BUT it's AEW so I trust them to not poo poo the bed more than I'd trust the other place.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If PAC is the guy who takes the belt from MJF down the line, I'm on board

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Foochs, is there any way of booking Mox that would make you happy besides 'he has the World title forever and never loses'?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i'd book him to live inside a janitor's closet and threaten to inject the audience with farts or whatever

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
really dreading mox and eddie hanging out and being best friends

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Foochs, is there any way of booking Mox that would make you happy besides 'he has the World title forever and never loses'?

Yes. I realize this wouldn't make sense in context but something like Kaz's Elite Hunter gimmick is pretty much exactly what I'd be doing with him if I was booking. It's a high profile program that makes use of his talents but also doesn't require a title. :shobon:

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I'd be OK with Mox leading a Scumbag Avengers team to take down the Elite

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Penguin Patrol posted:

really dreading mox and eddie hanging out and being best friends

I loving love Mox and Eddie as a pairing a lot but the loss was pretty decisive, and if they're not going after the titles then IDK what they'd be doing, and most people seem to agree they'd like to see a "home grown" AEW team beating the Bucks for the titles (which is fair).

See also who will ultimately dethrone Kenny.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So are Men of the Year gonna wind up enlisting the Wingmen or would their fake GQ ruin MotYs actual GQ?

Rarity posted:

I mean, why are we taking "he has the world title forever and never loses" off the table?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Any storyline, feud, mistake, or angle can be instantly and immediately fixed by giving Eddie a live mic for 5 min.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I assume they’ve just put Mox in a position where he can take some paternity leave without loving up other storylines too much and helping Kingston get some shine in the process.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wild Thing being a really lovely theme is the only bad part of Moxley’s entire act right now, although Bitch AF is also pretty weak.

Everything else is great.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MJeff posted:

So are Men of the Year gonna wind up enlisting the Wingmen or would their fake GQ ruin MotYs actual GQ?
I mean, why are we taking "he has the world title forever and never loses" off the table?

I hope they take Cezar as their muscle and there's a feud over it. Drake & Nemeth vs MOTY would probably be good.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dacap posted:

I assume they’ve just put Mox in a position where he can take some paternity leave without loving up other storylines too much and helping Kingston get some shine in the process.

Yeah that's the vibe I get too, which again makes perfect sense and is fine, I just don't know where to slot in Mox when he comes back!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Mox and Eddie being buddies and dealing with poo poo (possibly just the Good Brothers, or maybe against Butcher and Blade given Eddie's history with them) is super fun and a great use of both of them.

It also might be cheesy but I'd love for Hangman to win the belt thanks to Dark Order, Eddie and Mox, Kaz, Best Friends, and Death Triangle all putting aside their differences for one night to beat down the Elite and prevent any kind of interference.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's sad that some wrestling fans think that if you put a snake in a bag, the snake doesn't exist anymore.

Schrodinger's Snake

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wild Thing rules. I love how Mox made his entrance different than Onita's with his wild, chaotic energy even though they use the same theme.

As for what Mox should do now, I think the story they were telling in the match is that Eddie is clearly the weak link in the tag team, so something like Mox seconding Eddie in some singles matches would be a good program for him to work while he's mostly busy being a dad.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah that's the vibe I get too, which again makes perfect sense and is fine, I just don't know where to slot in Mox when he comes back!

John Cena Moxley US Open Challenge.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
In terms of top heels the only real option for Mox right now is Miro and that would be rad as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lamuella posted:

This is astounding. It's like all the way through they're saying "she's not recorded in a studio before", and she's saying "oh god, I'm so worried this will sound terrible". And then it does in fact sound terrible.

I lost it at the cut to the sound guy fixing her takes with autotune then going "I can't fix this part here where she loses it".

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wild Thing w/ Crowd Status IMHO: Sucks Less, Still Not As Good

Can you expand on this? Because imo that was one of the greatest entrances of all time. Probably second only to Sandman at ONS 2005. You had the crowd losing their minds and singing along while Mox and Eddie went nuts.