Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

There's no breath meter? Thank GOD. I hate timed exploration (unless you build the game around it like Outer Wilds or Subnautica).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I used to play a ton of VF4 in high school. The one stage with the snow blew my mind

Yeah, the snow stage, ankle deep water stage, and the mountain top stage with breakable tiles, all huge winners.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kazzah posted:

There's no breath meter? Thank GOD. I hate timed exploration (unless you build the game around it like Outer Wilds or Subnautica).

Well get used to it, you're gonna have to go 4 hours without it before you get it so they know that you appreciate having it.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

WaltherFeng posted:

Captain Ivan sir, I know the company commander said to make it a literal bloodbath but this seems too much.

Garmonyan is Jibanyan from Yokai Watch's transformation into an old-timey clothing mender & cobbler

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

RareAcumen posted:

Well get used to it, you're gonna have to go 4 hours without it before you get it so they know that you appreciate having it.

There's no way you can finish the first game in only four hours!!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bust Rodd posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRKDrh5jAQE

I love these guys & SkillUp, they have a really good sense for the kinds of games that I like to play. They both play every shooter and SkillUp plays a shitload of Destiny 2 and so I know our tastes align on shooters. They both recommend Necromunda as a Doom-like with good mobility and a bad boring story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7yvDV0k-M8

I'm looking at that thumbnail and it has to be based on that meme

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
VF4 and MGS2 were the first PlayStation games I played.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Lol

DownTheWell
Apr 19, 2007

Prosecute
Sekiro Diary-

Cleared out Ashina Reservoir and took out both Lady Butterfly and Genichiro yesterday. God drat if that guy wasn’t a great fight. Took about 15-20 attempts to get to the second phase, then 3 attempts to finish off the fight. Mikiri countering that jumping thrust and pulling off the Lightning Reversals in Phase 2....my word, what a feeling.

Today I jumped down a bunch of holes and made it to Mibu Village. Got murdered by O-Ren Ishii and decided to put it down for the day. Feeing confident that I can pull off a Beatrix Kiddo on her tomorrow.

Game rules.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Hahahaha

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm nearly finished Prey. It's soooo good. Gonna replay Alien Isolation afterwards.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I replayed Alien Isolation a few months ago and tried to understand people's complaints about it, but probably enjoyed it even more than the first time. Everyone saying it's way too long can buzz off. It's consistently pretty drat good imo.

There might be a bit of fat here and there that could have been cut out, and the environments can get a bit samey but I don't think it drags much at all.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I got really excited then I remembered the 3d fighter with the excellent music was Tekken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V5_b_1v2MM

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmfao

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ok I laughed out loud at this for like a minute, and then watched it again and laughed again, very good video

But also

I didn't even play Tekken 7 but this is probably one of my favorite fighting game tracks ever

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jun 1, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

I replayed Alien Isolation a few months ago and tried to understand people's complaints about it, but probably enjoyed it even more than the first time. Everyone saying it's way too long can buzz off. It's consistently pretty drat good imo.

There might be a bit of fat here and there that could have been cut out, and the environments can get a bit samey but I don't think it drags much at all.

Absolutely loved Alien Isolation but only mostly liked Prey.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Honestly I like that G-Corp Pad song but the intro is so goddamned long that the round is over before the actual song begins, goddamn

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Absolutely loved Alien Isolation but only mostly liked Prey.

nobody's perfect

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rinkles posted:

nobody's perfect

I am

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

So, Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown is free for PS+ this month but I take it's 19.99€ for the basic version and 29.99€ for the base+dlc, right? I'm tempted to just spend the 30€ instead of reddeming it on PS+ since I can't get the PS+ and pay for the DLC.

Edit: seems that they added the DLC now, the store didn't update properly. So I'll get the free PS+ and pay for the DLC as I can buy the game the day I don't renew PS+.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jun 1, 2021

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Alien Isolation is a first person stealth horror game that probably frustrated a lot of players when they first played it. They even added an easier and a harder difficulty a couple of months after it was released.

I guess what I am trying to say is that there is probably a reason that most people passed on the game and I know those genres mixed together don't usually have too much popularity.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I hope that system shock remake comes to consoles. I love all those vent crawly 0451 games. I played SS2 years ago and it held up really well

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I hope that system shock remake comes to consoles. I love all those vent crawly 0451 games. I played SS2 years ago and it held up really well

Hell yeah, my favourite type of videogame!

I love system shock 2, its a bit dated now days but I'm sure a few mods would spruce it up

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Just turned on CoD on my PS4 Pro and I literally cant hear the TV over the sound of the loving fans, is this normal??

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yes.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

I absolutely love these games but as I grow older and older I realize that giant man-sized ventilation ducts are about as common as quicksand in my day to day life, in that video games lead me to believe it would be a much more common occurrence than they really are.

Playing those games today is also funny for the same reason watching The Matrix is really funny, we've massively outstripped what they thought the future would be like back then.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Cool, selling it today

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There was a great column in PC Zone years ago called “ask the professionals” where people who worked in certain industries would write in about how realistic stuff in games was. Like people who worked as sanitation engineers writing in about sewers or a guy who’d rank the air vents in games. He wasn’t impressed at how big they were.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Something that I love in video games is that you can just beat the poo poo out of a dude, and if you do this enough times, he'll finally come to his senses and become a good guy instead of hating you even more or receiving permanent brain damage. If only the real world were that simple.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

it already got announced for ps4.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

exquisite tea posted:

Something that I love in video games is that you can just beat the poo poo out of a dude, and if you do this enough times, he'll finally come to his senses and become a good guy instead of hating you even more or receiving permanent brain damage. If only the real world were that simple.

If it worked like the real world, through words, knowledge, and education, then that would make for a very boring video game. "Civil Discourse Simulator".

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Live your life like a renegade interrupt.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A paragon interrupt in the streets...

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

Playing those games today is also funny for the same reason watching The Matrix is really funny, we've massively outstripped what they thought the future would be like back then.
I mean we're not pumping video games directly into our brain yet so I wouldn't go that far

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We're also not in a post-apocalyptic wasteland being hunted by robots

Yet

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

gently caress it, arrived home and instead of downloading Virtua Fighter 5 from PS+ I bought the ultimate edition pack because I felt like giving SEGA more money already. Looking forward to suck at it but I'll try to use my Hori Fighting Commander more (only use it with Streets of Rage 4 atm).

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

PS+ free games for June:
Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown (available until 8/3): https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0177-CUSA27065_00-9569812838891386

Star Wars: Squadrons: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-CUSA15080_00-STARWARSQUADRONS

Operation: Tango (PS5 only): https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1495-PPSA03243_00-7342236139216396
Operation: Tango's trial/friend pass (PS4 and PS5) is available here: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1495-CUSA27325_00-3989374011022560
The Operation: Tango trial/friend pass is cross-platform for PS4 and PS5. So you can theoretically use the free PS5 PS+ version to play co-op with a friend on PS4 by having them download the PS4 trial.

VF5 and Operation: Tango are already live, Star Wars: Squadrons isn't free yet but should be later today (at least in the USA).

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

I agree, Yakuza games are awesome

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b0csk7IdJw

quote:

Crytek today announced that the Crysis Remastered Trilogy will launch for consoles and PC this fall. The Crysis Remastered Trilogy features the single-player remasters of Crysis, Crysis 2, and Crysis 3, optimized in partnership with Saber Interactive for today's consoles and PC hardware. The three-game bundle will be available on PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch and for PC, with the game playing even smoother on next gen PS5 and Xbox Series X/S. Crysis Remastered is available for these platforms now, and the remasters of Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 will also be made available separately.

https://www.crytek.com/news/crysis-remastered-trilogy-will-launch-in-fall-2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

I agree, Yakuza games are awesome

i saw you playing yakuza 3 the other day. :getin: