Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

A Fancy Hat posted:

Mox and Eddie being buddies and dealing with poo poo (possibly just the Good Brothers, or maybe against Butcher and Blade given Eddie's history with them) is super fun and a great use of both of them.

It also might be cheesy but I'd love for Hangman to win the belt thanks to Dark Order, Eddie and Mox, Kaz, Best Friends, and Death Triangle all putting aside their differences for one night to beat down the Elite and prevent any kind of interference.

this is likely the endgame for the Elite since the amount of enemies they have made is astronomical. Would love to see Punished Kaz, Eddie, Best Friends, Daniels, and Death Triangle completely obliterate the Bucks. Dark Order will 100% be the ones to prevent interference when Hangman comes for Omega.

Somebody mentioned Mox v. Miro as a future match and I know it would likely not happen but I'd be very ok with Miro winning that match, even if it's through bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I too will miss Unscripted Violence, but I really like licensed music in pro-rasslin' so I can get down with Wild Thing. It's the kind of thing that made ECW feel so cool early on, although I assume TK actually went through the proper channels here.

Peripheral to this I also like how wrestlers can be shown wearing brands or licensed t-shirts, etc. It's a thing WWE snuffed out decades ago in favor of in-house branded everything and it has made them (WWE) a million times less cool in the process.

e: I remember when Erick Rowan slipped through the cracks with some metal band's t-shirt and people here were losing their minds over it, WWE briefly loosened their grip and managed to be cool for 5 minutes how bout that

Minidust fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 1, 2021

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Give mox the emi sakura theme

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

beggar posted:

Give mox the emi sakura theme

:blastu:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

cams posted:

i am also genuinely shocked by the amount of people that loved his old theme that i genuinely cannot even recall

wild thing owns

I'm absolutely convinced that some people have the musical equivalent of Goon Face Blindness w/r/t wrestling themes, because I'm not gonna tell you Unscripted Violence wasn't/isn't a Generic Wrestling Theme, but it was/is a loving great one and is absolutely memorable, and as pieces of music, a lot of the greatest themes ever are generic as gently caress if we're being honest with each other.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lol Sammy's vlog takes the piss out of Cody's focus group

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

unscripted violence is good but its absolutely a generic metal wrestling theme. its a couple notches above hardcore holly's theme which came out of a catalog, and that's okay.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Really heartwarming vlog this week.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Is Unscripted Violence the one that starts with an amp fuzz sound and chugging guitar or the one that starts with a motorcycle, guitar slide, and then sludgy guitar and bass?

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

Gumball Gumption posted:

Is Unscripted Violence the one that starts with an amp fuzz sound and chugging guitar or the one that starts with a motorcycle, guitar slide, and then sludgy guitar and bass?

Yes

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

They're definitely at least trying to get these songs through proper channels. Big Bicep Tony had said the reason Orange Cassidy doesn't have Jane is because no one in Jefferson Starship would contact him about it

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gumball Gumption posted:

The former is Unscripted Violence, the latter is Death Rider, his NJPW theme!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

They're definitely at least trying to get these songs through proper channels. Big Bicep Tony had said the reason Orange Cassidy doesn't have Jane is because no one in Jefferson Starship would contact him about it

They apparently tried to get Back in Black for the Inner Circle too but AC/DC ducked them.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

unscripted violence was a bad song, im sorry, it was just better than his poo poo-rear end fed song

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I am legit amazed that anyone could have such strong opinions either way about that song. Not a single thing about it stands out.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The problem with Unscripted Violence is that it's not his New Japan theme. Coincidentally this is also the problem with Wild Thing.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pylons posted:

They apparently tried to get Back in Black for the Inner Circle too but AC/DC ducked them.

Honestly I bet they wouldn't be able to afford it. Or it would be like when they did that game with Rock Band and made them use live versions and take an entire album. The entire roster would have to come down to acdc songs.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vince MechMahon posted:

Honestly I bet they wouldn't be able to afford it. Or it would be like when they did that game with Rock Band and made them use live versions and take an entire album. The entire roster would have to come down to acdc songs.

The Maximum Overdrive deal

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Minidust posted:

It's the kind of thing that made ECW feel so cool early on, although I assume TK actually went through the proper channels here.

I swear if they ever sign RVD and he comes out to Walk, I'm gonna lose my poo poo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tony is going to try to buy a KISS song and the up with the Kiss Demon

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I liked Unscripted Violence because it sounded like the background music to a Twisted Metal stage. I think Wild Thing is okay.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gumball Gumption posted:

Tony is going to try to buy a KISS song and the up with the Kiss Demon

I'm cool with that. Dale Torborg can go.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Oh no. No kiss demon. If we let him in then next thing you know ICP are gonna show up, and then we need to let Jerry only from the Misfits in and I'm not having that.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think nobody else on earth shares my opinion on Mox themes, which is:

1. Troggs version of Wild Thing
2. Unscripted Violence
3. Major League version of Wild Thing
4. NJPW theme

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Wardlow as the new Kiss Demon would rule

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Oh no. No kiss demon. If we let him in then next thing you know ICP are gonna show up, and then we need to let Jerry only from the Misfits in and I'm not having that.

At least ICP pays their workers and canceled the Gathering because of COVID.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I know a big portion of people here have been big on the "let Sammy and PnP get away from the Inner Circle and do their own thing" train for a while, but I feel like we may just be transitioning into Sammy being the leader of the Inner Circle. He got the big pin on Sunday and the post-match celebration was all about him, being lifted up onto their shoulders and everyone raising his hand. I'm wondering if part of Jericho's retirement strategy (whatever the timeline is for that) includes giving the reigns to Sammy to lead the group.

I can dream a different day about Hager somehow being ousted from the group/AEW in general.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Bring in Kurrigan to feud with the Best Friends

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Wild Thing works better as a tag team entrance but I will miss Unscripted Violence

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Return to the days of WCW knockoffs of real songs imo

Old Dustin's theme is like a ripoff of a ripoff of Brain Stew.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

unscripted violence was a bad song, im sorry, it was just better than his poo poo-rear end fed song

It owned and I won't hear otherwise, also saying "fed" is cringy AF and I really wish everyone would stop doing it; it's no less oof than saying "Connecticut" or "Up North" which is kinda yikes. It's big Shane Douglas Energy.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I am legit amazed that anyone could have such strong opinions either way about that song. Not a single thing about it stands out.

Literally the amp plugging in and the guitar screech by themselves are very good, unique opening auditory cues which are hallmarks of many a good wrestling theme, see also glass breaking or IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLL. If Mox was gonna make an unexpected run-in for example to pop a crowd, that guitar screech alone works ten thousand times better in that instance than any part of Wild Thing.

The current version of Wild Thing is okay and a definite upgrade from the Troggs version but I almost feel like some of the people bending over backwards to talk about how generic the theme sounded are kind of funny because like, sorry, the vast majority of wrestling themes, even ones considered absolutely iconic and legendary, are largely generic 60-90 second loops that aren't generic to wrestling fans BECAUSE we associate them with incredible moments and there's literally nothing wrong with admitting that. I'm not above admitting that that's a huge part of what I like about Unscripted Violence but I also am not about to sit here and tell you Wild Thing is some incredible piece of music either.

Rarity posted:

The problem with Unscripted Violence is that it's not his New Japan theme. Coincidentally this is also the problem with Wild Thing.

I've said, and stand by it, his NJPW theme is perfect for NJPW/Japanese wrestling, and the AEW theme was perfect for AEW/American wrestling. They should both exist in their own spheres because they both have different vibes and their vibes fit their respective uses like a glove.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dave confirming that Awesome Kong and Shanna's contracts have expired and won't be renewed.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Didn't Shanna move to the USA recently?

That is kinda funny because she sucks

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shanna is a piss girl

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I wonder if WWE would take Shanna or if they'll look past her cause it's clear AEW doesn't want her

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Rarity posted:

I wonder if WWE would take Shanna or if they'll look past her cause it's clear AEW doesn't want her

WWE is a home for racists. Of course Shanna will be a megastar there

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

she loves piss maggle

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

xbilkis posted:

I think nobody else on earth shares my opinion on Mox themes, which is:

1. Troggs version of Wild Thing
2. Unscripted Violence
3. Major League version of Wild Thing
4. NJPW theme

I'm pretty close, flip 1 and 2. Death Rider is super generic to me, and other than the fact that I recognise the opening guitar squeal I don't remember any of it.

I know that Unscripted Violence is also pretty generic but I can no longer hear it as just a piece of music. It immediately conjures up happy wrestling memories

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It owned and I won't hear otherwise, also saying "fed" is cringy AF and I really wish everyone would stop doing it; it's no less oof than saying "Connecticut" or "Up North" which is kinda yikes. It's big Shane Douglas Energy.

okay i'll be sure to exclusively refer to it as the fed from now on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Rarity posted:

Super racist and apparently has attitude problems?

Welcome NXT's newest signing - Shannon Barnes.