Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Shanna had such a sympathetic story with "TNA thought I was too fat" and she blew all that goodwill spectacularly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It owned and I won't hear otherwise, also saying "fed" is cringy AF and I really wish everyone would stop doing it; it's no less oof than saying "Connecticut" or "Up North" which is kinda yikes. It's big Shane Douglas Energy.

Maybe you should take a trip to New York!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

I know a big portion of people here have been big on the "let Sammy and PnP get away from the Inner Circle and do their own thing" train for a while, but I feel like we may just be transitioning into Sammy being the leader of the Inner Circle. He got the big pin on Sunday and the post-match celebration was all about him, being lifted up onto their shoulders and everyone raising his hand. I'm wondering if part of Jericho's retirement strategy (whatever the timeline is for that) includes giving the reigns to Sammy to lead the group.

I can dream a different day about Hager somehow being ousted from the group/AEW in general.

I think it was important for Sammy to get the pin to vindicate him going through what he did to expose MJF. Not necessarily to groom him as a leader.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Maybe you should take a trip to New York!

Oh no I'm owned

(I'm pretty sure you're joking in which case I laughed)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Shanna had such a sympathetic story with "TNA thought I was too fat" and she blew all that goodwill spectacularly.

That was TNA? I could've sworn it was WWE. Fits with their MO anyway.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Any entrance music that isn't “TOKYO GO” is just a waste of everyone's time.

Unless you're Akito and you just come out to the theme from Naruto Shippuden

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

any issues i had w/ the song were gone when the crowd went apeballs and he was tossin poo poo around much like a wild thing would. simple as that.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Aww Goku tights is racist? :(

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The jacket :3:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gonzo McFee posted:

and almost got into a fist fight with Leyla Hirsch

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Gonzo McFee posted:

Yeah, whole lotta anti-immigrant stuff including a full on "CLOSE THE FRENCH BORDERS TO ALL MUSLIMS!" thing.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

A Fancy Hat posted:

Yeah, whole lotta anti-immigrant stuff including a full on "CLOSE THE FRENCH BORDERS TO ALL MUSLIMS!" thing.

Which is extra funny because she’s a Portuguese immigrant expat to France.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

coconono posted:

and almost got into a fist fight with Leyla Hirsch

Well, Goku isn't racist but that's almost certainly something Goku would do.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Which is extra funny because she’s a Portuguese immigrant ex-pat to France.

No see she's the "right" kind of immigrant so it's fine!!!

She'll fit right in at the WWE Catering Center.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Mox and Kenny are AEW's two S-tier guys, so I assume the next step after Mox returns from whatever leave he goes on and Kenny eventually drops the title is to elevate other guys. AEW has pretty clear "strength tiers" for their wrestlers like NJPW (as opposed to the WWE where everyone who isn't the ace or top heel treads water until they get a brief push), but doesn't really strike me as a promotion with an "ace" like Cena/Roman for WWE or Tanahashi/Okada. For singles guys, you have Mox and Kenny, then Cody/Jericho/PAC, then the TNA title guys and MJF, and the people below can threaten the ones above but probably not win, so I see Mox and Kenny both trying to elevate new guys in the lower levels by feuding with them and potentially pushing guys in the TNT title or just below tier into potential main event status by losing.

Maybe Mox goes after the TNT title and gets screwed and transistions into a feud with whoever messed his shot up, maybe he goes up against whatever monster they want to build with, maybe he and Eddie get targeted by the Pinnacle and win some battles but lose the war. When the promotion first started I assumed Mox would be by far the toughest singles guy but would be stuck being a loner tweener and his losses would be due to that, but he's ended up being a real traditional face and he's so good at it that he's in a great position to elevate anyone he works with or against. The new Friday show throws another wrinkle into things, as they could just as easily slide him over there to try and add some star power and have him be the Omega of whatever Hangman/Omega style long-burn rivalry to elevate someone, or just have him as the initial king of the mountain for a new star to depose, depending on what they want to do with the roster there. I could even see him and Eddie picking up a third guy (Darby again? Archer? Someone new?) and going after trios titles to establish them like Hangman/Omega did with the tag titles.

And all that is without possible heel turns! And then, in 3 or so years, give him another strong title run. He's only 35! It's nuts!

Sega 32X fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 1, 2021

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i like to imagine mark henry went to AEW just because his son wanted to be in sammy's vlog

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ompG5QgtxQU
allie and silver eat some loving oreos

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Which is kinda funny in hindsight because Impact's KO division includes more women's body types than most promotions I've seen. It's one thing they've definitely improved upon since TNA.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Fightful is reporting that talent was telling them Shanna was done back in April due to mistreating extras, so that tracks with that weird Leyla match. I am almost interested in going back and see how her last couple matches went before that one to see if anything else jumps out.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

History Comes Inside! posted:

Which is extra funny because she’s a Portuguese immigrant expat to France.

iirc her family was originally french that moved to portugal and she was born there. She did a few podcasts way before she got super racist.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Now I want a steak.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sega 32X posted:

The new Friday show throws another wrinkle into things, as they could just as easily slide him over there

Rampage isn't a different brand. People will be on both, it'll just let them emphasise more storylines

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

So glad they're not doing a brand split, good lord

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Fightful is reporting that talent was telling them Shanna was done back in April due to mistreating extras, so that tracks with that weird Leyla match. I am almost interested in going back and see how her last couple matches went before that one to see if anything else jumps out.

Yeah, ragging on extras is the Captain's turf!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it's been 2 years now let's all remember aew is not wwe lol. there's not going to be a brand split and it's okay if people aren't on every single show every single week.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

any issues i had w/ the song were gone when the crowd went apeballs and he was tossin poo poo around much like a wild thing would. simple as that.

Yeah, like I don't love it but also that crowd was hype as hell and ready to kill so it's not not working.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Didn't Reba/Rebel have that same experience with TNA or am I thinking of Taeler Hendrix?

E: please everyone stop putting this AEW brand split bile into the world

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

whenever someone says "and an unnamed official said I was too fat" its almost 100% it was Al Snow.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So AEW Dynamite and AEW Dark are the A brand, but AEW Rampage and AEW Dark Elevation are the B brand.
2 of hte yearly TNT events will be Dyna/Dark, 1 will be Ram/Levation, and 1 will be Dynadark VS Ramlevation.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
the real brand split is BTE/Sammy's Vlog

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
I’d be down with a brand split where Cody and all the boring nightmare stories go to one show and then everything else stays on the other. Cody Rhodes

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’d be down with a brand split where Cody and all the boring nightmare stories go to one show and then everything else stays on the other. Cody Rhodes

I call using my fast forward button “splitting the brands.”

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Rampage is just an hour of Cody reciting his dad's old promos

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

the real brand split is BTE/Sammy's Vlog

Sammy is BTE Dark

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rampage will be an all women's show. men know nothing of rampages, says brandi as she turns up the L7 and puts a lit cigar out on cody's bare rear end

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
The pop when Kenny hits Hangman with like 8 consecutive belts and he kicks out will be insane and I can't wait.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Rarity posted:

Rampage isn't a different brand. People will be on both, it'll just let them emphasise more storylines

I didn't think they were doing one anyway, but I still assume they will still focus on some wrestlers more often than others, especially if they are filming it separately. Like how Hangman almost always opens shows, or the TNT title main evented under Darby, having a super over guy predictably on the new show every week seems like an obvious way to pump the ratings.

Sega 32X fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 1, 2021

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

smarxist posted:

Sammy is BTE Dark

So the roster of Dynamite and Elevation belong in BTE, meanwhile Dark and Rampage are in BTE Dark/Sammy Vlog. Cody made the jump to the Vlog, but 5 will have to decide. Griff also has to choose between Rampage/Dark/Vlog or getting the title shot against he Bucks again. This also means BTE can draft in a Rampage/Dark member.

Also, they really, really noticed how over JB is because tonight's dark is titled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Kw3TfwP7k

Jungle Boy in the Main Event + Statlander, Dark Order, Red Velvet & More | AEW Dark, Ep 91

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/realbrittbaker/status/1399762881672101898?s=21

Thunder Rosa got pulled from this Saturday’s Warrior Wrestling show a few weeks ago, so I have to imagine she’s going to show up at this and Britt’s going to refuse to give her a title shot due to a combination of her being 1-0 against Rosa in sanctioned matches, and also she doesn’t even go here.