Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

gay picnic defence posted:

I might be missing something but this sounds like the sort of problem that will take care of itself in time as chud voters in chud states are decimated by preventable diseases.

Unfortunately it'll mostly effect minorities, the elderly, the undocumented, the disabled and other vulnerable populations before it has much of an effect on them :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You tend to find that after one measles outbreak and parents hearing the stories about how little Timmy’s best friend is now blind and in a wheelchair then childhood vaccinations catch up very very quickly.

There was an article in one of the U.K. papers today talking about how if covid had effected children and not old people then the death toll would have been a fraction of what it is, because people don’t care about old people in nursing homes anywhere as near as much.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
Re: people not wanting to get the vaccine and insurance, one of my friends got the vaccine and had a reaction to it, was taken to the hospital and now has a hefty bill to deal with and is now not wanting to get the second shot :( and yes he has insurance

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

learnincurve posted:

You tend to find that after one measles outbreak and parents hearing the stories about how little Timmy’s best friend is now blind and in a wheelchair then childhood vaccinations catch up very very quickly.
Maybe that happens where you are. Here we have measles parties so parents can deliberately infect their children. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/05/200527181329.htm

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Finally got my second Moderna shot today. Didn't have much of a reaction last time. Just a very slight sore arm way further down from the injection spot a few days after that lasted for a few days. Still nothing from this new one.

But the whole time I was doing my 15 minute wait, 2 older guys in Vietnam vet hats were arguing about how Biden literally ruined the Earth, and we're going to get bombed by Russia because they're "going to do something, that's for sure" about him. And he of course had to start looking around for attention. He saw me sitting there wearing a mask, and started yelling at me that I could take it off. "You don't have to wear them anymore after June 1st. That's the law."

What I'm saying is that I had to pay for my shot in the form of sitting and listening to entitled racist white boomers bitch about the foreign boogie man for 15 minutes. And I honestly don't think that was a fair trade, but whatever. I'm glad it's done.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Pyrtanis posted:

Re: people not wanting to get the vaccine and insurance, one of my friends got the vaccine and had a reaction to it, was taken to the hospital and now has a hefty bill to deal with and is now not wanting to get the second shot :( and yes he has insurance

Pretty cool country

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

learnincurve posted:

There was an article in one of the U.K. papers today talking about how if covid had effected children and not old people then the death toll would have been a fraction of what it is, because people don’t care about old people in nursing homes anywhere as near as much.

We don't care about them at all, until it's time to start handing out the vaccines! :bahgawd:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Bape Culture posted:

Pretty cool country

No, not really. :mad:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
^^^ That sucks major dick ^^^

Hrist posted:

What I'm saying is that I had to pay for my shot in the form of sitting and listening to entitled racist white boomers bitch about the foreign boogie man for 15 minutes. And I honestly don't think that was a fair trade, but whatever. I'm glad it's done.

This is the right attitude.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Anne Whateley posted:

Maybe that happens where you are. Here we have measles parties so parents can deliberately infect their children. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/05/200527181329.htm

I think I had written this out of my brain and I wish it still was

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pyrtanis posted:

That sucks. Was it an allergic reaction (anaphylaxis etc.) or something else?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The PG in some of the vaccines can cause allergic reactions and anaphylactic shock, in the U.K. they won’t let you leave for 15 minutes after the pfizer. It’s a super rare allergy but if you have ever had a bad reaction to vaping, asthma inhalers or plug in air fresheners then you should really mention this to the person giving you your jab.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

learnincurve posted:

The PG in some of the vaccines can cause allergic reactions and anaphylactic shock, in the U.K. they won’t let you leave for 15 minutes after the pfizer. It’s a super rare allergy but if you have ever had a bad reaction to vaping, asthma inhalers or plug in air fresheners then you should really mention this to the person giving you your jab.
What is PG in this context, please?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hrist posted:

He saw me sitting there wearing a mask, and started yelling at me that I could take it off. "You don't have to wear them anymore after June 1st. That's the law."

I've had two people yell something at me since the CDC change when I was wearing a mask

One time it was a crowded area and that guy was obviously being an rear end in a top hat and I just ignored it

The other time the person was right in my face and was like "you're not required to wear that" in a snarky voice and I said "I'm not required to wash my hands after using the toilet either but it's considered polite"

No one clapped or anything though, in case you were wondering

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
a simple "mind your loving business" should suffice

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I got a thing in the mail today...

... AND YOU CAN, TOO!

https://www.immunaband.com/

(note that the price of the name bracelet went up by $5 since the time I ordered mine)

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
that bracelet is dumb as gently caress for a number of reasons

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

oh good. another company capitalizing off this bullshit

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nishi koichi posted:

a simple "mind your loving business" should suffice

I mean that's absolutely true, yes

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

nishi koichi posted:

oh good. another company capitalizing off this bullshit

My favorite one is Abbott's at home COVID test, they have to be eating so much poo poo over dropping them about a week before the CDC declared that COVID was over

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

... AND YOU CAN, TOO!

(note that the price of the name bracelet went up by $5 since the time I ordered mine)

"I AM VACCINATED SEE I GOT THIS ARMBAND! NOW LET ME INTO THIS APPLEBEES WITHOUT A MASK! *COUGH* *COUGH*"

Narrator: He was not in fact vaccinated.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

I. M. Gei posted:

... AND YOU CAN, TOO!

If that QR code went Never Gonna Give You Up that would actually be a pretty good rick roll.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Akuma posted:

Point guard. It's the tiny dudes who dribble the vaxx into your system.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Akuma posted:

Pretty sure that’s a typo and it was supposed to say “5G” as in the nanobots and DNA mutagen and whatnot.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Akuma posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsdQZojeKso

e: (Oh I guess spoiler alert for the entire plot of Psycho Goreman)

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

PG probably refers to PEG.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyethylene_glycol?wprov=sfla1

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I got pegged when I got vaxxed?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Sjs00 posted:

that bracelet is dumb as gently caress for a number of reasons

gotta say, this is the polar opposite reaction I expected GBS to have about a thing that lets you prove your vaccine status. I thought y’all would be all over that poo poo

Charliegrs posted:

"I AM VACCINATED SEE I GOT THIS ARMBAND! NOW LET ME INTO THIS APPLEBEES WITHOUT A MASK! *COUGH* *COUGH*"

Narrator: He was not in fact vaccinated.

you have to send the company a bunch of poo poo like a photo of your CDC vaccine card and proof of your identity before they’ll send you a bracelet. it’s supposed to be pretty hard to fake

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

you have to send the company a bunch of poo poo like a photo of your CDC vaccine card and proof of your identity

no thanks

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

who even are these guys

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Cthulu Carl posted:

Hey baby. Want me to vax your neg hole?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

wilderthanmild posted:

Yeah, a lot of these laws are going to make previously rare or declining diseases make a comeback as well. I know several of them include not being able to require, inquire, or incentivize at all related to ANY vaccination not just the covid one.

Help us, corporate lobbies. You’re our only hope.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Victoria's lockdown has been extended by another week.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Cthulu Carl posted:

Did I miss out on the fun?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

I. M. Gei posted:

gotta say, this is the polar opposite reaction I expected GBS to have about a thing that lets you prove your vaccine status. I thought y’all would be all over that poo poo

why

its not nearly as relevant as say, a balldo

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lolie posted:

Victoria's lockdown has been extended by another week.

Press conference going on now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cX5LQWIljo

Melb city locked down for another 7 days, regional Victoria has some restrictions but most have been relaxed. An extra $200 million pumped into the fund to support local businesses effected by the lockdown, they're asking the federal government to increase support for individuals

E: that known case who traveled to NSW on the 24th, his wife and 2 kids have also tested positive

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

I. M. Gei posted:

congrats on your $20 livestrong wristband

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Vox Nihili posted:

That sucks. Was it an allergic reaction (anaphylaxis etc.) or something else?

I think he had severe dizziness and heart rate increase and they slapped him in a weeyoo wagon

and yeah not really a cool country at all, do not recommend

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Akuma posted:

Apologies, it’s Propylene Glycol.

Edit: that’s not another name for PEG btw

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol

This is the section on adverse reactions to PG being injected “Responses may include CNS depression, "hypotension, bradycardia, QRS and T abnormalities on the ECG, arrhythmia, cardiac arrhythmias, seizures, agitation, serum hyperosmolality, lactic acidosis, and haemolysis"

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jun 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Don’t forget “feeling of impending doom”.

That’s officially a potential vaccine side effect because anything that triggers an allergic reaction can do it.