Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hbag posted:

is that some kind of tool that abstracts this torment so i just tell it what i want it to do and then it generates the yaml poo poo for me
because this specifically needs a yaml thing im pretty sure

azure classic pipelines are more gui driven. its also free for teams <=5 people.

fart simpson posted:

azure is microsoft aws

in general yeah, but w/ azure devops specifically is more cloud hosted team foundation server. its separate from the rest of azure, but it lets you hook into azure for auth and for compute if you need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

hmmmmm
is it ust me or does that syntax look fine

pre:
		userProfileRaw = requests.post(f'https://somethingawful.com/member.php', data={'action':'getinfo','userid':str(horribleJerk)}, headers=headers)
		userProfile = BeautifulSoup(userProfileRaw.text, 'html.parser')

username = str(userProfile.find('td', class="info"))

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

fart simpson posted:

thank you for merging my pull request, op

i request that you pull your weight around here and stop posting like poop from a butt

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

alright so id appreciate some help on this one
trying to get the script to grab someone's username from their profile, in case their rap sheet is empty (as if its empty it cant find their name from it, obviously)

but uh
when i try, it's just doing this poo poo:

here's the file, the relevant code's around lines 70-80

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

the issue is, for whatever reason, when i send the request, it's just returning the loving frontpage, not the profile
because im assuming the profile is generated after the page actually loads
so how the gently caress

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hbag posted:

the issue is, for whatever reason, when i send the request, it's just returning the loving frontpage, not the profile
because im assuming the profile is generated after the page actually loads
so how the gently caress

is it logged in

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Captain Foo posted:

is it logged in

oh gently caress me dead
great so now i need to figure out how to give it my login cookies (yes, the forums use a loving hashed password cookie or some poo poo) without exposing that to literally anyone who clicks the repo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i figured out how to send the logged-in token with the yosbbs -> forums interface back in the day. its pretty straightforward iirc

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

no seriously

top shelf authentication

Jonny 290 posted:

i figured out how to send the logged-in token with the yosbbs -> forums interface back in the day. its pretty straightforward iirc

well yeah i know how to do it but the issue with that is it would leave my bbpassword cookie completely exposed to everyone and i dont really want that

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hbag posted:

no seriously

top shelf authentication

significant portions of the forums code are older than you are

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kazinsal posted:

significant portions of the forums code are older than you are

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
yo how do i find my own userid to generate one of these puppies?

also op have you ever considered enshrining the data on the blockchain????

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

yo how do i find my own userid to generate one of these puppies?

also op have you ever considered enshrining the data on the blockchain????

copy the thing after "userid=" on your profile

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null

Edge case testing!

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

FalseNegative posted:

Edge case testing!

yes if you read the past few posts youd see thats exactly why im trying to loving scrape the profile page
but, lol, i need to log in the flask app for that
but to do that id need to expose my auth cookies to loving everyone

and nobody has provided any info on how else to do it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

hbag posted:

no seriously

top shelf authentication
well yeah i know how to do it but the issue with that is it would leave my bbpassword cookie completely exposed to everyone and i dont really want that

exposed to who? if you're connecting via HTTPS to somethingawful to get the rap sheet or whatever, only the domain name is sent in the clear. it negotiates TLS and only then does it send the /rapsheet.html?hbags_cookie=d3adb33f path

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

lol the new guy has a blog thread that's neat. gl hbag

edit: you're not tryna scrape lepers colony are you? i wrote some PHP for that a while ago

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

FalseNegative posted:

Edge case testing!

hello fellow no-probe haver. there are dozens of us. dozens!

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

exposed to who? if you're connecting via HTTPS to somethingawful to get the rap sheet or whatever, only the domain name is sent in the clear. it negotiates TLS and only then does it send the /rapsheet.html?hbags_cookie=d3adb33f path

exposed to literally anyone who clicks on the repo considering the fact it'll be in the script

Pile Of Garbage posted:

lol the new guy has a blog thread that's neat. gl hbag

edit: you're not tryna scrape lepers colony are you? i wrote some PHP for that a while ago

no i can scrape leper's colony just fine, im having trouble scraping PROFILES - which i need to log in for, which i cant do without sending it my auth cookies (obviously), which i dont want to do because if i put that in the script literally anyone who looks at the repo could just stick that in and do poo poo on the forums as me

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Oh yeah you don't store creds in code. use an environment variable

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

Oh yeah you don't store creds in code. use an environment variable

uh
right
how

i can set environment variables in the pipeline just fine but im not sure how the script would access that

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

wait
hmm

i will work on this more when im not freaking out due to a lack of meds

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
put your creds in a file located outside your source control and load it into your config at runtime.

or use environmental vars thats fine too

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

yeah what jony and shaggar said. make injection of the creds (cookie) a part of your ci/cd pipeline or w/e

edit: my garbage thing, RSS feed for leper's colony, made several years ago https://pileofgarbage.net/leperscolonyrss/

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 1, 2021

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Shaggar posted:

put your creds in a file located outside your source control and load it into your config at runtime.

or use environmental vars thats fine too

how do i load it into the config at runtime if its deployed via CI

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk about bit bucket but azure devops has a vault thing for creds and you can have your deployment pipeline reference them when configuring the destination. then in the deployment pipeline add them to the config file via config transform or configure the environmental variables on the destination host.

otherwise configure the sensitive stuff on the host separately.

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

you create a config file with environment variables and can set the variables to those credentials in the CI

e: whoops beaten by a better post (all posts are better than mine)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Captain Foo posted:

is it logged in

i miss poo poo like this all the time at work or w/e and it will never not be funny to me.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i did a batch of parcel updates the other day but for the life of me I couldn’t get the current assessing data to join to the new features and I’m like “the fuckjng sql view query is messed up somehow! jesus what stupid rear end in a top hat set this up??” and i even roped one of my colleagues in to help me troubleshoot it and oops! turns out that when i numbered the new parcels i used the municipal prefix from my old job lol.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the newer .net core hosting model lets you build a single config from multiple sources including a base config, environment specific configs, environmental variables, external secrets files, etc... i usually put secrets in a local project specific user secrets config and then when i deploy i transform the base config file to add the secrets section using data from the secrets storage in azure devops.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

hbag posted:

how do i load it into the config at runtime if its deployed via CI

echo $PASSWD > ~/my.config

if you're actually using travis or jenkins (lol) then there should be poo poo for pushing env vars and thats usually easier to deal with in that case

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

rotor posted:

travis or jenkins

who the f are these dudes even?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

rotor posted:

echo $PASSWD > ~/my.config

if you're actually using travis or jenkins (lol) then there should be poo poo for pushing env vars and thats usually easier to deal with in that case

right
ok
this took me a second to wrap my head around

in bitbucket if i set a variable in the pipelines to "secured" that means nobody can read it or edit it after i set it right

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

President Beep posted:

who the f are these dudes even?

i fuckin hate em both

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hbag posted:

right
ok
this took me a second to wrap my head around

in bitbucket if i set a variable in the pipelines to "secured" that means nobody can read it or edit it after i set it right

dunno, but my tip to you is that 90% of computer touching is knowing how to effectively google poo poo and reading the results

seriously if users were capable of realizing that they can google "cisco ip phone registration rejected", choose the links from cisco's website, and read through the actually well written documentation I wouldn't have a job, but apparently the average person is a loving idiot, so I can pay my rent

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Kazinsal posted:

dunno, but my tip to you is that 90% of computer touching is knowing how to effectively google poo poo and reading the results

seriously if users were capable of realizing that they can google "cisco ip phone registration rejected", choose the links from cisco's website, and read through the actually well written documentation I wouldn't have a job, but apparently the average person is a loving idiot, so I can pay my rent

wouldnt even need to manually pick oput the linsk from cisco

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Kazinsal posted:

your users dont know they have a cisco ip phone. its just "the phone"

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i use jabber op

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Smythe posted:

your users dont know they have a cisco ip phone. its just "the phone"

not only do they not know. they don’t want to know and don’t care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010