Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

davidbix posted:

...what's the context here? Since the quoted tweet is gone.

Deleted tweet was: “Why can’t it be just an AEW pride shirt? Why does your name have to be attached to it? In fact, shouldn’t it be something like a Nyla Rose or a Sonny Kiss t-shirt as they are part of the community? poo poo, I ought to go in marketing. 😒”

So bad faith garbage that Brandi shouldn’t have even bothered with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
idk if it was entirely bad faith -- pride month these days always kicks off with a bunch of corporations deciding they're gay for a month for money and i could see someone sighing heavily at the cody rhodes tattoo pride shirt and thinking it was worth saying something about. but that's not really something that's fixed by making it a generic aew pride shirt, and brandi's response implies some behind the scenes stuff about people (rightfully) not wanting to be singled out/pushed to the forefront this month

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nah it’s bad faith dickheadery.

If LGBT+ roster members want to do something for pride they can, the company pushing them to do it is what would make it bullshit tokenism.

Edit: in fact you already kind of touched on it, if anything a generic AEW rainbow shirt would have the whiff of corporate us-too all over it so if anything even a non-LGBT+ roster member putting their name to it feels more sincere.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 1, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i mean as a queer person i definitely thought the cody rhodes pride shirt was tacky so please believe me when i say it's not necessarily in bad faith to come at it from that direction

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

flatluigi posted:

i mean as a queer person i definitely thought the cody rhodes pride shirt was tacky so please believe me when i say it's not necessarily in bad faith to come at it from that direction

I wouldn’t defend Cody putting out the shirt, but naming two members of the roster who are members of the LGBTQIA+ community you fee should have pride branded goods and derisively announcing you should’ve gone into marketing is definitely bad faith.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

flatluigi posted:

It's a wrestling shirt, of course it's tacky.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm gay and I love Cody

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In all fairness to Cody, "tacky" is half of his skillset. Take pride out of it, he'd make something that can still make you cringe on any day of the week.

The dude has a gift.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Eh, a good bit of that Pride month shirt money is going to the National Center for Transgender Equality, so it's less of a corporate cash grab than a lot of other, similar gestures would be. I'm okay with Cody being extra if it's for charity.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah the thing that matters is where the money goes. The money from the shirt is going to a good charity. It's good even if it's horrifically tacky.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/itsvedatime/status/1399870967585853446?s=20

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

as a non binary person myself, cool. Veda is cool.

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1399864973065662471?s=20

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1399875806466396164?s=20

I'm unsure where i am meant to post this.

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine
https://twitter.com/MACEtheWRESTLER/status/1399864556130865156?s=20

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Has the Cardi B hosting SummerSlam thing been officially announced? If not, would bet it’s that.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

The Rovert Zone because this guy is bullshitting.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

he's got news about the new WCW. and the new switch pro. and the new WCW game for switch pro

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

yeah gently caress that guy and any of the other i've got news but won't tell you type morons

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Sapp is the closest thing wrestling has to an actual journalist, pals.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I get my wrestling news exclusively through Cav nowadays and it's been a much better experience

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cardi B turned down the SS gig because HhH wanted to take a stinkface

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SexMetalBarbie posted:

https://twitter.com/thebrandirhodes/status/1399837565570662404?s=21

only Cody Rhodes had the guts to make a pride shirt.

needless Kulture City burial kinda.

I think her point was that Kulture City opted out because they didn’t want to deal with dipshit wrestling fans which seems entirely believable.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

If he is being serious about an embargo, there should not be a “might” at all since, as soon as the time limit expires for the embargo, then he can release the news.

If the information is only able to be released when the entity releases it, then he has no real news information and is being Rovert.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Schrodinger's scoops

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

also its june 1st. It takes like 15 minutes to get a design to shop with their tshirt partner. There will be more pride shirts.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

coconono posted:

also its june 1st. It takes like 15 minutes to get a design to shop with their tshirt partner. There will be more pride shirts.

Cody's being available for a week makes me think we're getting three/four more.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

The company that prints on demand can produce tshirts fast? Wow!!!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

coconono posted:

You say it's June 1st but haven't commented on if it's Wednesday.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

another thought: who the gently caress is @ing brandi rn. She's pregnant, she doesn't need your insipid little thoughts. Or any other bullshit, really. Be nice.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/jaimsvanderbeek/status/1399851639985504257?s=21

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Orange Carlisle posted:

I get my wrestling news exclusively through Cav nowadays and it's been a much better experience

SRS is good as far as wrestling journalism is a thing that exists(which is barely), and Cav [redacted to prevent probation]

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there were no fouls against damian lillard tonight

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Cavauro posted:

there were no fouls against damian lillard tonight

An assassin shot a dart into my neck and Cav sent them avenge me PSPers

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

SRS also teased the "bathroom creep" poo poo without it ever leading anywhere. so maybe he should shut up until he has news to drop

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

JUNGLE BOY posted:

SRS also teased the "bathroom creep" poo poo without it ever leading anywhere. so maybe he should shut up until he has news to drop

No, Allan Cheapshot teased it and SRS literally said he was looking for someone to go on record about it

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
The SRS tweets are about the next round of WWE cuts that are happening (as early as) this week.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hell yeah Veda

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Alaois posted:

weird thing to say about Saki Akai but okay

Why would anyone try to shame someone who beat up Minoru Suzuki and totally got away with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Vagabundo posted:

Why would anyone try to shame someone who beat up Minoru Suzuki and totally got away with it?

the chosen one