Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
so there's definitely enough sound bytes now to do a "cover" of tarzan boy sung by TAZ, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

smarxist posted:

got too high, posted in the wrong thread, smdh, shameful

wherever you were, they needed to have more of this, so you've done the world a service

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

ooouhhuahhuHAAAAAAA

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Taz is hungry.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

those big lamb chop-like elbows and beefy thighs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

pot roast like bicep clothesline

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

taz is so loving hungry

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
loving starving over here

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

taz is so loving hungry

this was probably filmed at like 6 PM

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
that clothesline counter Bronson just did was so cool because JB actually did pivot out

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

good match,

what the gently caress do i do with my life now???

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

ngl I miss 3 hour long darks

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

one hour dark feels real weird now man

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

maybe taz let us out of dark early because he had insider knowledge that the switch pro would be announced
e: nope. dammit. anyway for real change the thread to "AEW Dark Thread: Gimme the yoda!"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/AllEliteCody/status/1399876594521546752

Loved this

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Tony owes Diamanté a tag run with Maki Itoh as penance for Ivelisse so she can do that while Maki does the kokeshi.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I had to go mow the drat lawn so I'm catching up now, and having bored looking cheerleaders hanging out isn't really adding much for me.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Vince MechMahon posted:

I had to go mow the drat lawn so I'm catching up now, and having bored looking cheerleaders hanging out isn't really adding much for me.

Yeah I much prefer bored looking cheerleaders introducing Kenny Omega (especially if he was interrupting someone)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

divx posted:

First time I've watched Dark. Are Taz and Excalibur this good every week?

yes. and this was a subdued week

neoaxd posted:

ngl I miss 3 hour long darks

boxcarhobo posted:

one hour dark feels real weird now man

pandemic dark was the absolute loving best and i'm going to miss it very much

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Oil! posted:

How many Alan V Angels can dance on the head of a pin?

Between four and six

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

1) Bononi and the Honk vs the Gunn Club. Excalibur disrespects Hook. Honk continues to grow on me as an in-ring talent. Just a note perfect Dumb Bully. It's taken a while but Bononi is actually starting to Get It. He's still not the workhorse of the group, but in the ring with Billy Gunn he looked like he was there for a fight. Not a bad tag.

2) Kris Statlander vs Robyn Renegade. Renegade was decent in her last few appearances. Best Friends in silver pants is great. Love the Statlander cartwheel spot. I find myself wondering if we're going to get a "one of the cheerleaders is actually a wrestler" spot at some point. Renegade has a very comfortable Big Woman Style. She looks assured in the ring. Statlander got busted the hell open at some point, but the blood looks good on her.

3) Hybrid Snake vs the Dark Order. This is a hanficap match because Luther, Evans, and Angelico are having to face Reynolds, Grayson, Alan, Five, and Angels. I could watch Angelico wrestle forever. Whatever it is that isn't getting them pushed to the moon (whether it's not having ideas or whatever) needs to get fixed. Serpentico is also ace, and OH MY GOD HE SLAMMED HIMSELF. HE DID THE THING! This is a garbage trios match, but it's super good fun, and contains three singles matches I'd love to see. (Serpentico / 5, Evans / Reynolds, and above all Angelico / Grayson). That kick sequence with Grayson and Angelico was absolutely masterful. Really enjoyed this one.

4) DIamante vs Red Velvet. Oh this could be good. Diamante is a compact bruiser, Velvet is coming into her own as a real all rounder. Diamante gets some real solid offense in to start. Love that she uses the Three Amigas. Love the plank splash from Diamante. There's a nice dynamic where Diamante is keeping the advantage by keeping the pace slow and shutting Velvet down every time she tries something faster. She's matching speed by slowing her opponent and it's making this a very interesting and tactical match. Very even, excellently performed match.

Really fun Dark Order promo.

5) Bear Bronson vs Jungle Boy. Jungle Boy pops remain absolutely absurd. Marko Stunt: pom pom thief. Give me the Yoda. THere's a moment t the start where Bear Bronson is just looking around at an entire building roaring for his opponent. Rather than being daunted he seems to be thinking "Right, time to murder their hero". And he has a bloody good try. This is an agressive back and forth with Bronson's power and hard hitting style meeting JB's grace and athleticism. The result is a really good looking match that Jungle Boy ultimately wins, but which is really fun the whole time it's there.

This was a really fun show. Nothing super significant, but we had five good matches and a lot of fun.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

maybe taz let us out of dark early because he had insider knowledge that the switch pro would be announced
e: nope. dammit. anyway for real change the thread to "AEW Dark Thread: Gimme the yoda!"

I just woke up and watched (an hour long, what the gently caress) AEW Dark.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I liked the TH2/Serpentico dynamic. I feel like they'd make a good team for whenever they introduce Trios titles, though I guess Luther would have to take a back seat for that.

Lamuella posted:

Statlander got busted the hell open at some point, but the blood looks good on her.
Pretty sure she got hit right on her piercing and it tore her lip. :gonk: I wonder if she'll stop wearing it after this.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOYTQszA85w

let's go dark pals!!!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

AEW Starks

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Standing spy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

OUTLANDISH

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
rofl, Zicky Dice

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Zicky noo!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

RIP Zicky

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
welcome to aew you outlandish piece of zick

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

EVERY BODY D-oh Zicky dodges

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
this jobber rules

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Zicky throwing a deck of cards at him was pretty funny.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

...stupid - Jake the snake Roberts, on zicky dice

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I like his boots I can't lie

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
have they even said his name yet? lmao

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
everybody dice

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If they just have Zicky get killed by a different monster every week, I'll be into the dice man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
zicky dice has the sex appeal of a biscuit with two shits inside