Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
This explains alot of Cheeseburgers tweets regarding his school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

Ian Riccaboni has entered the chat

Ian Riccaboni posted:

Hard and fast use of the pejorative F word which I asked him to stop. "Why do you say that about Rhett Titus' body? I'm in better shape than him! What, are you some kind of ***?!" This would occur after events but also when he'd call me at 1:30 AM ET. Why it needed to be addressed at 1:30 AM ET on days we didn't have events and I was living my life as a civilian, I have no idea.

Would joke about the time we saw a woman (the make up artist we had at Madison Square Garden) asking for a ROH staffer by name so she could get her check at the hotel. The situation, admittedly, was kind of funny. It appeared to be something it was not. He has implied that he was ready to drop this conversation. He has posted edited texts between us before on Twitter and I wouldn't be surprised if he does it again.

Similarly, he's threatened to out a LGBTQ member of the ROH roster and out one of my best friends.

I haven't said anything because I was pretty crippled by fear that I've said something out of pocket and it might come to light. But Danny needs a friend right now and what he's saying about the power dynamic that was created is true and what a WrestleMania headliner pulled me aside and warned me. If I said something out of pocket, that is on me and I have to own it.

I was/am not involved in the Dojo beyond the semi-annual tryouts. The first one we did with Joey, I came prepared as I always did with a printed spreadsheet of the campers names, hometowns/home promotion, experience level. I printed enough for everyone. Bully, BJ, Delirious, Daniels, and others said thank you; Joey took the copy I made for him and my personal copy and trashed them. This was the same camp Hana was at. Can confirm what Danny has said regarding Hana.

Finally, most recently, Joey blamed me on Twitter for spoiling Final Battle. One of the Dojo students has since privately apologized for providing him the results. It was a lot of time and energy explaining to folks that I didn't tell a soul. Joey always said there are two things you can't get back: people's time and attention. It didn't ruin my Christmas but I'm just glad someone nearly four months later admitted to providing him the results. He got my time and attention. Good one.

This has been therapeutic for me, too. There are others who likely feel the same way. But this is a time and an emotion drain. They likely are in similar positions where they have kids or other jobs and that they consider the issue closed and can't spare the emotion, especially during a pandemic. And there may be some too who fear what they've said to Joey via text. But I'm proud of Danny for having the courage to speak up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/n07bpk/danny_cage_on_twitter_a_crazy_twitter_thread/gw5ybsb/?context=3

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
For clarity's sake, because I had to double check, Riccaboni's first few points are about Joey Mercury and not Danny Cage.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is this buzz? What is this? I don't even know what this is.

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

MJeff posted:

Is this buzz? What is this? I don't even know what this is.

Start here

https://twitter.com/TheDannyCage/status/1387219233449418753

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

In a promotional email from ROH I saw what might be the worst t-shirt design I've seen this year. I actually had to go to the website to work out who this was a shirt for, because I was just going "Who the gently caress is Vince Unlto?"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Well who are they?

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

VLNCE UNLTD, brody king's stable

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Well who are they?

Turns out it's a shirt for Brody King's faction VLNCE UNLTD (a recreation of his earlier Violence Unlimited stable)

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Lamuella posted:

In a promotional email from ROH I saw what might be the worst t-shirt design I've seen this year. I actually had to go to the website to work out who this was a shirt for, because I was just going "Who the gently caress is Vince Unlto?"

Looks like a boring Voivod tee

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

End of an era in the most buzzworthy way possible

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1398730962196893697

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I thought it was going to be them retiring at first.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This country was so hosed up after 9-11.

https://twitter.com/HulkaMatt/status/1409345725046083585

(This show was on 9-11-04)

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

“Was”?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

ROH going full gently caress CMLL mode with their upcoming World Title Match being Rush vs Bandido

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

lmfao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

ROH going full gently caress CMLL mode with their upcoming World Title Match being Rush vs Bandido

That match where he qualified was not ROH's finest moment, a whole lot of it made zero sense. And they hardly ever do any storyline recaps so if you miss a week you might miss like, the entire qualifying event for that thing.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MassRafTer posted:

That sure snuck up on me lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Another great 9-11 moment on that show (but got cut from the DVD): Homicide is doing his heel character where he'll snap and smash stuff, and after the crowd antagonizes him and he snaps he yells something about how he's glad all of those people died on 9-11 or something to that effect.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
ROH is so unimportant on Bally's Sports that they now preempt twenty minutes of the show to do a local Arizona high school sports show and then join the show in progress. I don't care enough about ROH to be mad about this. The five minutes of Gresham vs Yehi I saw was good though.

The farm brawl was fun enough as long as you can divorce it in your mind from Undertaker/AJ or all the Matt Hardy compound matche. Especially when you factor in they had a disclaimer before the match and then put a disclaimer bug before every big spot during the show.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's a PPV tomorrow I guess

Best in the World:
Brian Johnson and PJ Black vs the Briscoes (Mark and Jay Briscoe)
Rey Horus vs Demonic Flamita
PCO and Danhausen vs the Bouncers (Beer City Bruiser and Brawler Milonas)
Flip Gordon vs EC3
Josh Woods vs Silas Young in a Last Man Standing match
Jay Lethal vs Brody King
Rhett Titus and Tracy Williams defend the tag titles against Homicide and Chris Dickinson
Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor, Kaun and Moses) defend the trios titles against Dak Draper, Dalton Castle and Eli Isom
Tony Deppen defends the TV title against Dragon Lee
Jonathan Gresham defends the Pure title against Mike Bennett
Rush defends the world title against Bandido

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
To be honest that's not a bad card.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

And there’s gonna be a crowd for it, which firmly puts it ahead of any other ROH show this year.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

To be honest that's not a bad card.

ROH has plenty of talent, but like WWE, don't use it well. Thankfully not as egregious.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Lumbermouth posted:

And there’s gonna be a crowd for it, which firmly puts it ahead of any other ROH show this year.

Hopefully ROH has a decent crowd. they were really weak before the pandemic hit

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

KungFu Grip posted:

Hopefully ROH has a decent crowd. they were really weak before the pandemic hit

This is where they were a week ago:

https://twitter.com/wrestletix/status/1411139975551324166?s=21

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
Looks like the booking, the pandemic, and the Elite/BC leaving really screwed their attendance.

edit: I forgot to add WWE signing a bunch of people

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Someone has to take the belt of Rush. He makes Matt Taven look like a good champ.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

that should be the UMBC arena where the last 2 BITWs were held

gonna be interesting to see the pics, I'm somewhat skeptical that most of the seats unavailable ringside left are probably because of production, but they got most of the lower bowl sold I guess

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Anecdotally it really seems that now that the novelty of being able to do stuff has passed in most places, you have to REALLY put something exciting on there to get people to show up to things and while that's a good card I don't think there is much to it from a booking perspective.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rick posted:

Anecdotally it really seems that now that the novelty of being able to do stuff has passed in most places, you have to REALLY put something exciting on there to get people to show up to things and while that's a good card I don't think there is much to it from a booking perspective.

ROH doesn't have a drat thing over the other non-WWE companies other than hypothetical financial resources. Unless you're a massive Briscoe Bros fan, and like, there's better material featuring them that doesn't require you to risk death.

Same goes for a lot of the undercard guys with talent. If they shuttered their doors there are guys I'd want, but man, it certainly isn't because any of them are hot poo poo rn.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I’ll be there tonight, mostly just there because it’s 25 mins from my house, and I want to check off seeing Danhausen, Dragon Lee, Bandido, Flamita and Rey Horus live.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

What time does this dumb bullshit start

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

What time does this dumb bullshit start

FITE shows a pre-show at 7 EST and the main show at 8.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

blast0rama posted:

I’ll be there tonight, mostly just there because it’s 25 mins from my house, and I want to check off seeing Danhausen, Dragon Lee, Bandido, Flamita and Rey Horus live.

Tony Deppen is loving great too, I’m glad he’s getting a higher profile space to shine.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The Pure Title, TV Title, and Tag Title Matches were all pretty good. Homicide loving murdered Gresham with that Cop Killa

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Holy poo poo that match ruled

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bandido :unsmith:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Still super funny that ROH's title still is booked as a gently caress you to CMLL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Best in the World was a great show. I had a blast watching it.