Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Slammy posted:

Outbursts of Everett True (July 27, 1918)

Why, yes, I am 12 years old. How'd you guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Today's Fingerpori is sadly relevant in Finnish politics.

(The original name was 'Arja Laine', arjalainen being the Finnish translation of aryan)

(and now I realize A. Ryan was just hanging there as well)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Kennel posted:

Surgeon's Tales

No. gently caress off. You've done enough damage, cursed ring, just leave and begone. Not today, Satan.

Classic Kevin & Kell in: duck and cover (September 3-9, 2001)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Deathless Deer 5/6-8/43

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Selachian posted:

Brenda Starr 8/4/46

:allears:

Also, I love the panel of the hairdresser smoking while she works. What a window into the past.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (September 19, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (September 19, 1999)

Garfield Classic (September 19, 1989)

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Jul. 15, 1945)

The Medieval Castle (Jul. 15, 1945)

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Catch-up Nancy 1946 because I completely zoned yesterday

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
is the Val difficulty curve 2^n or n^2

ronya fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jun 2, 2021

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

manero posted:

Yes.

Put on the dress, Sluggo.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "73 - Jucika, The Photojournalist"

"Jucika Educates"

An all-time classic.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
If yall think someone won't step up to buy the Crankshaft theater to show only comic hero movies or some bullshit old films, I don't know what else to cancer.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

ronya posted:

is the Val difficulty curve 2^n or n^2
Exponential growth is gonna have Val killing guys like Uma Thurman killed the Crazy 88 in Kill Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8trTO5mJYsg

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jun 2, 2021

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Cowslips Warren posted:

If yall think someone won't step up to buy the Crankshaft theater to show only comic hero movies or some bullshit old films, I don't know what else to cancer.

Has Mason Jarre graced Crankshaft with his presence yet?

If Batiuk really is imagining something like an old-timey burlesque, that would probably do well given the revival scene and all. I'm worried he's going for like Bada Bing.

Also, actual strip clubs used "Clothed Temporarily" on their marquees when the pandemic hit, so that punchline isn't quite the super :smug: moment he thinks it is.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 15, 1945)

Saramand was a nice city. We don't go there any more. Please donate generously to the Victims of Prince Valiant Fund

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Author Unknown?

John Allison's Patreon
John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website
My Author Unknown? intro guide password is TheOther

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Jucika : Chaotic Good.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popular Comics

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Esplanade posted:

Why, yes, I am 12 years old. How'd you guess?
That's good editing.

Mikl posted:

Yes.

Put on the dress, Sluggo.
The start of the Gay Agenda.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Tomorrow: Tape!

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

I worked for an inventory company (RGIS) maaany years ago for a while.
poo poo job. It was a bit different, but was still poo poo.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
How long have we spent on the Morgans mocking their daughter for having a fixation like kids do? It's way past the point where it feels affectionate.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

"I hope you loving choke on them" she thinks as she goes to answer the phone.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin and the Golden Tail

Lunch

God, assure v ensure v insure is an annoying one.
Translator's Note: As you can imagine, the companies listed off in the last panel are basically a bunch of Fortune 500-esque companies that have a large presence in Norway.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

manero posted:

A young Sluggo got it bad cause he's clowned

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

EasyEW posted:

STALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLshaft

"That's right....a COMIC Strip Club!"

[Stan Lee and Jack Kirby walk in from off-panel as a banner unfurls over the theater, proclaiming "Montoni's Pizza and Comic Shoppe"]

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Two things I appreciate about this Bizarro: The old-timey handcuffs, and the confetti guy looks a little like Rip Taylor, whose trademark 'thing' was confetti.

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä (July 10, 1993)

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Green Intern posted:

"That's right....a COMIC Strip Club!"

[Stan Lee and Jack Kirby walk in from off-panel as a banner unfurls over the theater, proclaiming "Montoni's Pizza and Comic Shoppe"]

[Ghost Lisa smirks approvingly in the background]

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Slammy posted:

Mopsy (February 16, 1937)

???

Selachian posted:

Brenda Starr 8/4/46

I can’t be the only one reading this as a double-bearding relationship, right? Hank O’Hair is as lesbian-coded as they come, and I am absolutely loving her and her hair’s refusal to cooperate with gender norms. The look on her face when she puts on that gown in the last strip reminds me so much of my ex-girlfriend’s face the one time I got her to try on a dress for funsies.

Classic Zits

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dang, knew I forgot something the last few days!

Bad Machinery

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Blueberry: I'm loving Blueberry's expression on the first page, bottom left panel, or Blueberry fucks things up by showing off, or "When sorrows come, they come not single spies, but in battalions"

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

SubNat posted:

Lunch

God, assure v ensure v insure is an annoying one.
Translator's Note: As you can imagine, the companies listed off in the last panel are basically a bunch of Fortune 500-esque companies that have a large presence in Norway.

To be clear, they aren’t just Fortune 500 companies - they are all management consulting firms - the people you call up to come in and audit your company, identify your problems, and provide you solutions, all wrapped in the latest corporate doublespeak (“identifying your synergies and the impact of value non-added tasks on your workstreams”) for a very hefty bill. The Bobs from Office Space, or DogBert from Dilbert.

The fact that those are the only companies the CEO mentions, in my opinion, is a joke that the CEO may be smart and good at corptalk and being part of leading business trends but he has never actually run a business or been part of an industry (the experience he claims to have) or it may be a joke that those firms hire top grads and essentially fast-track them up the ladder (so he never actually started at the bottom).

I work for one of those named companies (though not in Norway, and technically because one of them cut off its holdings which were then bought by another, Ive worked for two) so I may have opinions about it. :D

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 2, 2021

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
In this case it's a bit silly since Drew's, y'know, a doctor, but it's not unusual at all for someone his age(late 20s from what I can tell) to live with their parents in this day and age, Moy. Housing keeps getting more expensive and wages have stagnated. (and honestly as long as everyone involved is cool with it and you're not using it as an excuse to never develop independence or responsibility, who cares)

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

skeleton warrior posted:

The fact that those are the only companies the CEO mentions, in my opinion, is a joke that the CEO may be smart and good at corptalk and being part of leading business trends but he has never actually run a business or been part of an industry (the experience he claims to have) or it may be a joke that those firms hire top grads and essentially fast-track them up the ladder (so he never actually started at the bottom).

Yeah that could absolutely be a part of the joke there, I just don't know enough about companies like that to really make any kind of comment about it. I'm really glad you filled in the context, I think you hit the nail on the head there since that makes the joke work a lot better.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Mikl posted:

This is completely bonkers. I am here for this.

I hope DD put knockout drops in everyone's coffee

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

CALLOUT POST FOR FUNNY ONLINE ANIMALS

Vox Valentine fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bogor