Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If the mavs win tonight I might turn inside out and die in shock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Jota posted:

lol shut the gently caress up

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So is Rick Pitino interested in the job?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So is Rick Pitino interested in the job?

Rick Pitino is not walking through that door

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

big boi posted:

Do you think they should run it back? What other trade pieces do they have, other than Jaylen? I mean I'm happy to be wrong here

Oh I thought you meant something else. Yeah IDK about what moves to make, I am a bad fantasy GM. Best case scenario is trade some young guys + draft picks for a star with kemba included to balance salary.

Alternatively, focus on rounding out solid roleplayers instead of just assuming mid-tier draft picks will always pan out.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Shinjobi posted:

It’ll be a repeat of blazers/nuggets but Luka will be dame and still lose

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Oh I thought you meant something else. Yeah IDK about what moves to make, I am a bad fantasy GM. Best case scenario is trade some young guys + draft picks for a star with kemba included to balance salary.

Alternatively, focus on rounding out solid roleplayers instead of just assuming mid-tier draft picks will always pan out.

They've got Tatum and Brown locked up for like the next four years, they should be just fine no matter what they do

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

big boi posted:

Do you think they should run it back? What other trade pieces do they have, other than Jaylen? I mean I'm happy to be wrong here

Yeah they should. They made the conference finals 3x in the last 5 years including last year with basically this same team (Plus Hayward who was hurt most of the time). You give them an actual offseason and fill out the bench + figure out the center situation (Maybe get Horford for a song?) and this team is right back to solid. Blowing it up is a bad move here.

The way forward for them is to get to a 45-50 win team and then try to jump on a star-player trade, even if its a short-term thing.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

triple sulk posted:

if they lose tonight, the series is going 7 and they probably lose

Your team is good. It's fine to enjoy it. Other people are. You wont jinx them with enjoying things.

thrilla in vanilla posted:

This is official headcanon

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

morestuff posted:

They've got Tatum and Brown locked up for like the next four years, they should be just fine no matter what they do

Yeah that's what I'm murmuring as I rock in the corner in the upright fetal position.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

little munchkin posted:

Who among us has never kissed our favorite mascot on the lips.

Me but only because my team's mascot doesn't have lips.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

triple sulk posted:

if they lose tonight, the series is going 7 and they probably lose

what are you getting out of this man

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol Scal is currently live on NBC Sports Boston and it looks like he’s been crying.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I'm taking the optimistic approach, it was fortuitous for the Mavs to have a crap shooting game the same night Luka's neck was too hosed for him to play well. Now his neck is feeling better and THJ is going to hit 9 threes.

We might still lose when Kawhi and PG score a combined 85 in the paint though

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

If Luka is feeling better they have a shot

That being said I haven’t heard anything about his shoulder since Sunday

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

MourningView posted:

what are you getting out of this man

The triple sulk technique is to sulk before, during, and after not getting exactly what you want

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Yeah that's what I'm murmuring as I rock in the corner in the upright fetal position.

If the Magic had the Celtics last 15 years of records and their current situation i’d have no complaints. You have genuine star with a few complementary role players and yeah it’s a second tier team but there like...multiple worse tiers.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

DeimosRising posted:

The triple sulk technique is to sulk before, during, and after not getting exactly what you want

:haibrow:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Celtics should hire a black GM (or at least interview one) instead of giving a front office job to a guy whose only experience in roster development is convincing tall white people to come to Indianapolis

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Stackhouse to the Celtics.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lol Kyrie trolled the celtics so hard that he made Danny Ainge quit

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

If Luka is feeling better they have a shot

That being said I haven’t heard anything about his shoulder since Sunday

Woj called his condition improved on Monday and Carlisle basically said the same yesterday, although in a cagier Rick Carlisle way. I doubt he's 100% but if he's better than "can't really turn his head to look left" then I'm allowing myself to enter the hope realm

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Kibner posted:

Me but only because my team's mascot doesn't have lips.

Beaks are just hard lips

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

BWV posted:

Celtics should hire a black GM

Why, so we can see heretofore undiscovered horizons of racism unfold before us?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I sincerely hope the Jazz want nothing to do with Danny other than maybe sharing the same state of residence. Don't employ him in any fashion, PLEASE. We are finally in a good space, we do not need to go backwards.

I share a religion with the guy which is plenty for me thanks. Please don't let him ruin the only professional sports team I care about.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Why, so we can see heretofore undiscovered horizons of racism unfold before us?

because striving for more equitable and representative hiring practices is a good idea in it of itself.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

BWV posted:

because striving for more equitable and representative hiring practices is a good idea in it of itself.

I absolutely agree, and think it should happen, and also believe that we will see new previously unseen slurs invented

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

I absolutely agree, and think it should happen, and also believe that we will see new previously unseen slurs invented

my bad i misunderstood what you said. I get a bit loopy when it comes to the Celtics.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Honestly I think the Celtics have been run fine and I think their lack of finals appearances comes down more to tough injuries and bad luck than any management issues. But Ainge is still an absolute prick.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

BWV posted:

my bad i misunderstood what you said. I get a bit loopy when it comes to the Celtics.

I think I just communicated poorly in an attempt to be glib.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
It’s hard to see the Celtics being real title contenders soon without some luck, but they are too good to blow up so they just have to hope things go their way.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Papes posted:

It’s hard to see the Celtics being real title contenders soon without some luck, but they are too good to blow up so they just have to hope things go their way.

Jason Tatum is a top like 10 player in the league. Jaylen Brown is also pretty good.

They are closer to being title contenders than one would think, they just need pieces to put around them.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1400105119237263367?s=20

Brad Stevens? Seems kind of out of nowhere to me but I guess they're doubling down on him.

Edit: and he's stepping down as HC apparently

Mr. Funktastic fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 2, 2021

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Dwyane Wade immediately hiring Ainge as his GM would be such a troll to Pat Riley.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kibner posted:

Stackhouse to the Celtics.

his vandy teams have been bad so that probably hurts his chances but I still think he's a good coach

they should take a run at juwan howard though, he's really good and I need him out of the big ten before they spend the next like decade turning into the basketball version of OSU football

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Same. :smith: really wondering what they do in the offseason

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1400135497461215235?s=19

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Strawberry Panda posted:

Dwyane Wade immediately hiring Ainge as his GM would be such a troll to Pat Riley.

I don't think wade owns enough of the team to have any say in stuff like that, if it's coming from anywhere it's probably from the BYU grad who actually owns the team

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1400136479024820232?s=19

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 2, 2021

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

oof that type of injury has a bad prognosis right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I still remember someone saying how AD is so fragile and asked who missed more games right before the game embiid died