Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Me : "Sir I was a derivative holder in a short position of the underlying security that is traded on the open market that underpins your company"

17 year old highschool kid at the counter: "Just take your loving popcorn"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

laxbro posted:

Serious lol if AMC finds a way to monetize retail shareholders.

Buy AMC shares monthly to gain access to exclusive perks!

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Is this GME/AMC MOASS talk a meme or possible? I can't tell what is reality anymore.

My theory is that it’s possible, but there’s some bored Wall Street guys seeding the “GME to $10MM” target to ensure a significant number of hodlers are left after the peak of the squeeze at $700.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Le0 posted:

Is it too late to get on the AHT train? :sadwave:

Maybe. People are piling into REITs like crazy. For reference, WPG, a mall REIT that has been in bankruptcy for the past year is up nearly 100% this week. AHT hits a pretty good sweet spot currently of being a REIT and a recovery stock. Dont just jump into this one though, do some research.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I think I will sell 10 of my 15 Movie Stocks at a point where I can hold the other ones to 0 or 1 million per share risk free. Actually I can do it now but well I wake up every morning and it is higher than the night before. 47-50 I am out though.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I think they took all the circuit breakers off meme stocks last time we had halts on upward movement but nothing seems to be getting hosed with this time.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Free popcorn, oh boy

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Selling AMC at $6 feels like the third time I've missed out on a lifetime opportunity, after GME and hearing about bitcoin early on, because of deciding to do the thing that is "responsible". Next time such an opportunity comes along, I'll put up to the $67 I got from selling GME into it

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 2, 2021

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

i'm still sitting on my 10 AMCs (plus i bought 7 in a dip last week MEA CULPA) and i currently feel rich

but i also kinda wanna see if this will go up further. this is an unrealised $400 right now. what do

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Residency Evil posted:

Buy AMC shares monthly to gain access to exclusive perks!

There's several companies that do gifts for share holders at Christmas you just gotta apply. 3M is famous for their office supply gift boxes (that you have to pay for but get like 10x value from)

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

All of you NOK unbelievers this year, I'm up 59% since I bought 1500 shares in March 2020. The long game is good but I won't sell, I believe the company can still go strong for a while.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

John F Bennett posted:

All of you NOK unbelievers this year, I'm up 59% since I bought 1500 shares in March 2020. The long game is good but I won't sell, I believe the company can still go strong for a while.

I picked up August 5.5 calls for like $0.49 a piece, always liked NOK as a company even before the meme days. Was one of my first cell phones when I was a baby degenerate :3:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I managed to pick very near the NOK peak in Feb, then averaged down in the low-4s. I'm finally at a break-even point :unsmith:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I have no idea what's going to happen with AMC and BBW, but

I wish all of my fellow degenerate gamblers a very happy AHT.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I'm sitting here on the toilet reading yalls takes on NOK and I look down and our scale says NOKIA on it. Do they make bathroom scales too? My brain has exploded.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

I'm sitting here on the toilet reading yalls takes on NOK and I look down and our scale says NOKIA on it. Do they make bathroom scales too? My brain has exploded.

If that's not a sign I don't know what is.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Big Jesus posted:

It's brand licensing.

No one in the west wants to buy [insert Chinese name] so outside of China they license names like Nokia.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I've not looked at any stocks since the memetime and just happen to look at my brokerage account and was like wtf, as I forgot I had bought into the AMC memes, so set I set a sell limit at 69, figured it was appropriate. Let's see if it makes it

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic

galenanorth posted:

Selling AMC at $6 feels like the third time I've missed out on a lifetime opportunity, after GME and hearing about bitcoin early on, because of deciding to do the thing that is "responsible". Next time such an opportunity comes along, I'll put up to the $67 I got from selling GME into it

I yolo'd my entire life savings into AMC at $10 because of this. Currently happy with that decision.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

cr0y posted:

Added a small amount of cheap NOK calls in the event the old gang is trying to get back together

Thanks for this!

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
My BB I bought like an idiot last january is losing me less money this owns.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Also my BBBY I bought like an idiot too today is a good day. I look forward to being 10 dollars in the red at close.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Yeah I'm starting to feel silly for selling AMC at 27. But you know, if my dumbest moments are only getting a 5x return on something I can live with that.

Le0 posted:

Is it too late to get on the AHT train? :sadwave:

Honestly I don't think so.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I missed out on bitcoin technically because I knew it was and what to do but didn't.

I legit missed out on GME and AMC round 1.

I extremely missed out on DOGE.

I'm quite happy with my $10 shares of AMC and $6.80 shares of BBW today.

My 3.52 AHT and 1.43 RYCEY are not hurting my feelings either.

Now if my 2.22 NDRA would loving do something that would be great.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

My AMC puts only being down 10% today seems really weird.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
AMC at $48.50. Hot drat. I sold 15 this AM at $40 and I’m still sitting on 30 shares. I guess I jumped the gun a little but I wanted to cover.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I sold too early this time :(

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
lol i told myself i would absolutely sell amc at $50, but now i don't want to. the greed is real.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Omne posted:

Me too, me too. I just want to get out

$GOON is going to be a bloodbath of bored gewns trying to get out to gamble elsewhere if it ever hits like $2.50 again

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

My AMC 20p is even for the day what the hell is going on

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

human garbage bag posted:

lol i told myself i would absolutely sell amc at $50, but now i don't want to. the greed is real.

Same, I'm going to let it ride!

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Wait BBW? As in Build A Bear? Didn't they declare bankruptcy or something a while back? Is this another WSB meme stock? Fill me in.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Their ticker is BBW and with WSB at the helm, bankruptcy don't mean poo poo.

Or something.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Good lord near money AMC calls are a grand a piece

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
This is insane! FOMO'd of selling :( Up 400 bux.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
https://mobile.twitter.com/GunjanJS/status/1400045882591133697

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I have no idea what's going to happen with AMC and BBW, but

I wish all of my fellow degenerate gamblers a very happy AHT.

Watching AHT start running and just not stop has been wild and very, very enjoyable. Im gonna buy a motorcycle with this poo poo because I have very poor impulse control!

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

You’re welcome.

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
halted at 61