Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Regular dogs would just sniff his butt and instantly know he's krypto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Sadly, he does not choose "Bark Bent".

Superboy #131 (1966)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'll admit I'm probably missing some context, but Clark generally tries not to fly and wear his cape when he's trying to hide his super identity, Krypto.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Krypto is a good doggo, not a smart doggo.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Why isn’t Krypto on HBO max?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
e: extremely bad joke given new information

site fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 31, 2021

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

ruddiger posted:

Why isn’t Krypto on HBO max?

That's a good question. I can't imagine it's a rights issue, but the show IS on Amazon Prime.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

John Dyne posted:

That's a good question. I can't imagine it's a rights issue, but the show IS on Amazon Prime.

Amazon may have paid for exclusive streaming rights for a set period of time. Disney+ didn't have a couple Star Wars and Marvel films when it first launched because of a prior deal with Netflix.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Have some Platinum Grit

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Periodic reminder that I need to re-read my Platinum Grit trade and that I need to be slightly angry that I don't have more in a hard copy.

At least we have Oglaf.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

John Dyne posted:

Wait, there's a Krypto show? How is it?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Thor & Loki - Double Trouble #1

Return of Wolverine #5: Guess who's back from space?

The Unstoppable Wasp #1

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah, i didn't realize there was an actual krypto show lol my bad

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Larryb posted:

Ruff.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superman #17 (1942)

Shadowman #3 (2013)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mashle #63

The Big Bad has finally revealed themselves to Mash!

Oh well they'll face off in the next chapter!

Mashle #64
Wherein we spend the entire chapter focused on another fight! These are the last 2 pages of the chapter

God I love a good gag manga :allears:

Darthemed posted:

Shadowman #3 (2013)

Same energy

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Larryb posted:

It came out in 2005 on Cartoon Network and it shows. Paul Dini was involved in its creation, but it's very much a kid's show from the early 2000's.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Batman: Black and White #5: Batman is laying out a (way too) intricate plan on how he's gonna bust up a drug handoff meeting to Damian.

I like the idea that Batman works that poo poo in to everything. It's a very dad move.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

John Dyne posted:

It came out in 2005 on Cartoon Network and it shows. Paul Dini was involved in its creation, but it's very much a kid's show from the early 2000's.

Don't worry we're getting an animated super hero pets movie with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson voicing Krypto.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
Way of X #2

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Why is Franklin Vegeta?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's Legion and Charles Xavier. Yes, for some reason Charles dresses a lot like the Maker now (and Hickman should be aware seeing as he pretty much created that character)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

My God, of course Legion has a receding hairline, look at his loving dad

e: to be clear this is because I just put two and two together, where is my no prize

Nessus fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 1, 2021

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Green Lantern #12 (1944)

Web of Spider-Man #9 (2010)

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Darthemed posted:

You know, I have more memories of villains coming in through open windows or just being invited in by Aunt May or whoever than actively breaking in.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Darthemed posted:

Green Lantern #12 (1944)

A green latrine? Yeah I wouldn't go near that one either.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Crime SuspenStories #11 (1952)

The Amazing Spider-Man Family #8 (2009)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Darthemed posted:

is that supposed to be maria hill

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Nope, Sara Ehret.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Which issue was it where Jackpot was hit square in the face with a large shovel, then?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

evilmiera posted:

That’s what Wildcat called Kyle Rayner in JLA/JSA: Virtue and Vice.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Also what Sportsmaster calls Alan Scott in James Robinson’s The Golden Age.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

evilmiera posted:

Would a weakness to wood or yellow be worse?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Darthemed posted:

Are these ladies about to go Super Sayan? Are they Force ghosts? Regular ghosts? Radioactive?

Why are they glowing???

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
The year is 1988.

The Soviet Union has just begun its "perestroika" program of economic restructuring. The Phantom of the Opera opens on Broadway. George H. W. Bush deafeats Michael Dukakis, in the 1988 United States Presidential Election.

It is the 50th anniversary of Superman.

To celebrate this occasion, DC Comics challenges overseas comics publishers to publish their very own Superman stories, with full permission from DC. For some reason, the only people to answer the call are the editors from the small Danish publisher Interpresse. The result is "Superman og Fredsbomben" ("Superman and the Peace Bomb", aka. "Superman: A Tale of Five Cities").

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman:_A_Tale_of_Five_Cities

The comic is translated to several other European languages but never into English, and it is never published in the US. Even the Danish original is now long out of print and hard to find. DC never again gave anyone else permission to write Superman stories. It is to date the only Superman story ever published outside of the US; certainly the only one not available in English!

Why was the story never translated to English or published in the US? Why did DC Comics never again permit Europeans to write Superman stories?

The answers to these questions have been unavailable to the English-speaking world for more than 30 years.

UNTIL NOW!

"Superman and the Peace Bomb".

Since Europe did not have proper closed phone booths at the time, the writers opted to let Superman change in public lavatories.

Who are the mysterious boat people who drag people away by their hair while doing sick jumps? Who is this Theo guy, anyway? Do superheroes use the bathroom?

Find the answers to these questions and more in the next thrilling installment of ..... *dramatic voice* SUPERMAN AND THE PEACE BOMB!

Danish originals here.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 2, 2021

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
The 80s were truly a magical time.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
"The Dutch Connection" sounds like a made up sex move you'd find on Urban Dictionary.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SimonChris posted:

It is to date the only Superman story ever published outside of the US; certainly the only one not available in English!

I think Nembo Kid would like to have a word with you. And I bet he's not the only one.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I think Nembo Kid would like to have a word with you. And I bet he's not the only one.

That seems like a rip-off, not an authorized Superman story. It's not the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Elissimpark posted:

Would a weakness to wood or yellow be worse?

I mean, some latrines might be made out of wood. And latrines are supposed to stand up to yellow and brown both.

This is a tough quandary, but I am gonna have to go with the yellow. It is a piss-poor latrine that can't handle that.

So to speak.