Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Where’s the loving cards blizz!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTsGRbFuknc

https://twitter.com/HSTopDecks/status/1400122088212647946

Naralex is insane

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Sure are a lot of cards spent on those 2/2s with random keyword

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

Sure are a lot of cards spent on those 2/2s with random keyword

They don't seem to be collectible. Do they count for the total?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Chernabog posted:

Non collectable cards have never counted before

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Naralex is pretty pretty good for the value game. It's a do nothing turn 3 so the downside can be fairly big against more aggressive decks but the upside of being relevant the whole game is nice. It's not a card a control deck would be sad to fit in a later turn at all.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

gonna be some interplay with maeiv perhaps

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Cry Havoc posted:

gonna be some interplay with maeiv perhaps

Probably pretty good with rogue too, can get a bunch of value from bounces.

Also im super happy that keywords aren't being limited to single expansions!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Dormant is one keyword that I'd be happy with them leaving behind, but I get why it fits too well flavor-wise to not use here.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Dormant has been around since Ungoro, it's been tied to legendaries for forever now

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
all cards released

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23676206/prepare-yourself-adventurer-the-wailing-caverns-mini-set-is-here

great cards from first look:

lots of trash imo, and i don't think warrior got what it needed, unless the turtle spike has an effect (it might?). the handbuff card is just awful i think?

man that shaman card is good.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Well, there's the extremely situational Priest spell to hit their discover pool.

e: this has some potential, though maybe only in wild right now. Interesting combo potential with the new Paladin shield but probably not worth using.

Selfless Sidekick: Neutral 7 mana 6/6: Equip a weapon from your deck

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 2, 2021

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
Neutral weapon tutor is pretty interesting.

New Paladin secret is top-tier jerkery.

Rogue gets even more draw, and it tutors.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Assuming this will get fixed but big ooof on Kresh not having a Beast tag.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
uh, also there are nerfs and new BG stuff https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23676205

unbound ele changed to work with guidance.

it looks like all previously weekly heroes are permanently in shop, as well as 96 monthly card backs.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

sirtommygunn posted:

Well, there's the extremely situational Priest spell to hit their discover pool.

Mediocre card,

A++ tier name.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Mutanus the BG hero sounds like its going to be insanely good.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Quotey posted:

uh, also there are nerfs and new BG stuff https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23676205

unbound ele changed to work with guidance.

it looks like all previously weekly heroes are permanently in shop, as well as 96 monthly card backs.

Lol that First Day has been hit twice

Hand did need that nerf, it really is just a bit too strong

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Guff BG hero is a cool concept.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Hunter got nothing of value. The frenzy: summon 4 hyenas is the only thing close to playable.
Deathrattle DH got couple good options between Felrattler and the Ooze. The new sigil is ok value but doesn't fit into their decks right now.
Mage got trash trying to make freeze decks a thing, it won't work and I'll stop playing standard if it does.
New Paladin secret is pretty good, I think its definitely gonna take a spot.
Priest got their discover pool nerfed and a couple of new draws to compensate.
Rogue gets support for a stealth deck that doesn't run stealth minions? I don't get it.
Shaman gets good cards that don't fix their fundamental problems but might pull them out of bottom tier.
Warlock gets to hit themselves really hard.
Nice aggro Warrior stuff, and a good frenzy card to hopefully make a Saurfang package good.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Give a beast poison, bout fuckin' time. And for 0 mana?! Dreadscale lookin crazy in wild. Acidmaw found dead.

Poison weapon too. Finally they're leaning into a strong vanilla mechanic like poison as a hunter specialty.

Chernabog posted:

No, but 2/5 neutrals and 2 class cards involve them for what seems too niche to be useful. At least one of the classes is paladin.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Priest’s toys are pretty mediocre. The 1/2 feels like the latest iteration of “on-paper good, in-practice lovely” 1-drops for the class. Against All Pdds has some cheeky combo potential with the 1-cost spell that sets attack to 1, but I’m still a bit skeptical that it makes the cut with the current deck shells.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
God Wild Painlock is going to get even more oppressive, right

I want to know how that card works with plot twist as well, that could enable some new, exciting mechathun bullshit

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
2/2 minions are the new lackeys, though I think I liked discovering dragons with lackeys more :)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Buffed Porcupine + Venombloom :vince:

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Serpentbloom is adorable.

Kresh is about the most perfect flavor possible.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Quote/edit

Overall I don't see Shaman or mage getting help for their archetypes unless it's for wild.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol that they thought "yes this is what Warlock needs"

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
This Brawl was great for the battlecry weekly.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/HIJO_HS/status/1400144675814744070

my god

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

That warlock card makes me mostly excited for that Mark guy who does all the creative OTK decks.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
uggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
gently caress I can reroll this I hate myself and this game

Edit: Spend 500 Mana I can do this easy wooo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The warlock demon is the most interesting to me, paying hp instead of mana can set up really disgusting tempo swings but 4 mana 2/6 is…..not great

Serpentbloom is stronger than people think (it’s pretty disgusting with the kolkar guy) but I’m skeptical of the other two cards

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The warlock demon is the most interesting to me, paying hp instead of mana can set up really disgusting tempo swings but 4 mana 2/6 is…..not great

Serpentbloom is stronger than people think (it’s pretty disgusting with the kolkar guy) but I’m skeptical of the other two cards

With Darkglare you usually try to drop Giants on 4 or set up for a t5 Loatheb + Giants, not sure if this guy fits.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Serpentbloom is nearly as good as the old 0 mana Hunter's Mark, with some bonus, though unlikely, synergies (i.e. cleave and Augmented Porcupine). Whether 0 mana Hunter's Mark would be good enough for today's standards is another story.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

gandlethorpe posted:

That warlock card makes me mostly excited for that Mark guy who does all the creative OTK decks.

This is MarkMcKz and yes he is amazing and y'all should watch him and his latest video is a bit different from the normal formula but is just beautiful :discourse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6fV6-ulm-M

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
he must have the worst MMR in Hearthstone history

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

First draft of new Pirate warrior:
https://playhearthstone.com/deckbuilder?deckcode=AAECAQcCqO8D5%2FADDry5A47vA43vA4HkA42gBLXeA4vQA5TtA62gBKaKBJLoA7ThA%2FfUA8bRAwA%3D

I'm cooking up some other decks too, also something i just thought: the new Shaman spell + Magtheridon is a 5 mana Deathwing that overloads instead of discarding. Very unreliable, but still.

E: Here's kind of a weird Big Spell Paladin deck I'm trying to turn into something playable. It's using Scorpids, Naralax, and Wandmakers to hopefully get a cheap spell to activate High Abbess Alura.
https://playhearthstone.com/deckbui...wPRoASW6AOF3gMA

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jun 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

https://twitter.com/DuwinHS/status/1400140405971300356