Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Real hurthling! posted:

Dice has had a bad record with fans this past gen from loving up bf4 launch, to bf hardline, to the sw gambling debacle, to bfv which everyone hates.

Bf1 was well liked but fans of bf are not happy with the series

Well as someone who put 110 hours in to BF1 and 80 hours in to BFV I think they are both enjoyable games. Looking forward to the next one. :D

Edit: Hope it has some type of BF2142 titan mode though.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lammasu posted:

Did you finish it? I watched an LP of it and way taken aback by how bad it was failing at being a Silent Hill game. Part of Silent Hill is the janky combat. if you don't have that you don't have a Silent Hill game.

I actually stopped to go play Observation instead as it’s leaving game pass soon. I’m not sure I want to go back to it though, it’s soooo boring.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I actually stopped to go play Observation instead as it’s leaving game pass soon. I’m not sure I want to go back to it though, it’s soooo boring.
Between Obduction, Observer, Observation, there are now too many games that begin with Ob. I can't remember which one is which.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Observation: space station camera game
Observer: Rutger Hauer walking simulator
Oblivion: the fourth elder scrolls game

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

How is Observation? Worth it to start playing for the next 10 days?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

How is Observation? Worth it to start playing for the next 10 days?

I only played about an hour last night, seemed cool so far. It's only a 6 hour game so I'll probably finish it.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Observation is very good, and it's not a serious time investment. Definitely worth trying to get through in the next week or so.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
Observation is a decent playthrough. It's got a cool concept and decent story and stays around just long enough.

Medium was terribly dull and not worth the time. By the end of the game, I was actively picking up my phone and not paying attention during story bits.

Also, for all the bluster about being a SeriesX enhanced game, it looked like a passable last gen game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

tensai posted:

, for all the bluster about being a SeriesX enhanced game, it looked like a passable last gen game.

I cannot believe that it's being pushed so hard as a Series exclusive. It looks marginally better than some of the AAA stuff on PS4 Pro in some areas like lighting but the animation and character design is totally last gen. Like TLOU2 in my eyes looks miles better. It also has that awful texture pop-in you'd associate with slow HDD reads. I know it's not a super big budget game or anything but I was massively unimpressed.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I have a big dick PC and The Medium still ran like crap, just kind of a sloppy game overall that I quickly lost interest in.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Medium runs like a wounded snail and the payoff is a game with absolutely nothing interesting going on

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Remember when everyone made fun of Xbox for saying that they'd continue to support Xbox One?

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1400136733010837514

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Remember when everyone made fun of Xbox for saying that they'd continue to support Xbox One?

It's such a bigger mess with Sony stuff though, at least on Xbox you have smart delivery. All that upgrading bullshit from PS4/Ps5 is so stupid

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

It's such a bigger mess with Sony stuff though, at least on Xbox you have smart delivery. All that upgrading bullshit from PS4/Ps5 is so stupid

Smart delivery does not work for everything though, which is also annoying especially when you get used to it.
Also I think one of the reasons they need to give the option to download ps4 versions is because of the VR stuff.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sony said they believed in generations, which is clearly true since they recognize that the PS4 and PS5 should get different versions of the same game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

all the ps5 ui is so so bad

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

American McGay posted:

It's a good thing for consumers and I'm glad they're doing it. Especially given the fact that new consoles may not be easily purchasable until next year.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zerot posted:

It's a good thing for consumers and I'm glad they're doing it. Especially given the fact that new consoles may not be easily purchasable until next year.

1) The PS5 has sold more units than the PS4 had at this point.
2) It absolutely is a wonderful thing for consumers, so maybe they should have said that out right. This is getting dredged up because sony got digs in on Xbox for telling consumers "oh yeah through 2022 we expect games on both platforms" by responding that they believed in generations and you'd get true PS5 stuff before then due to that.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Barudak posted:

Sony said they believed in generations, which is clearly true since they recognize that the PS4 and PS5 should get different versions of the same game

And you can double-dip on trophies. An all-around convenience!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If the PS5 didn't have the supply constraints it has, I wonder if Sony's upcoming huge AAA games would be PS5 only. It feels like the decision to make them on PS4 as well, was done after re-evaluating their PS5 sales situation, and seeing that they can't keep up with the demand.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sony under jim ryan is just one false impression and lie by omission after another.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

If the PS5 didn't have the supply constraints it has, I wonder if Sony's upcoming huge AAA games would be PS5 only. It feels like the decision to make them on PS4 as well, was done after re-evaluating their PS5 sales situation, and seeing that they can't keep up with the demand.

Again, its selling better than the PS4 did at this point and they didn't do this with PS3 to PS4. I don't believe theres anyway they wouldn't have always been planning to make these cross gen titles and capitalize on the PS4s install base. I mean hell just look at Miles Morales where they let everyone believe that was PS5 only and the quietly before launch they mentioned there would be a PS4 version.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They want more money and its not like this will dry up ps5 sales people still will want them more than they can make.

Its just lovely that they cant say it upfront and want to fuel console wars online over who is most next gen enough.

They still win if they say they are cross gen cause its not like ms has a potential game awards sweeping title like a gow sequel coming any time before all these ps4/5 games are done coming out. Lies by omission just burn their credibility. I cant wait for ryan to gently caress off

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Zerot posted:

Yeah, I hope the ongoing supply chain issues pushes Sony into putting out a PC port of the Demon's Souls remake sooner rather than later. They have got to know they are sitting on a bunch of sales from souls fans who can't get their hands on a ps5. Of course monkey paw curls and it's an EGS exclusive or some poo poo.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I would pay 120 US dollars for DS reloaded on Steam and thank them for the opportunity.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Doctor Nutt posted:

Of course monkey paw curls and it's an EGS exclusive or some poo poo.

Oh no how will pc gamers cope

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

Again, its selling better than the PS4 did at this point and they didn't do this with PS3 to PS4. I don't believe theres anyway they wouldn't have always been planning to make these cross gen titles and capitalize on the PS4s install base. I mean hell just look at Miles Morales where they let everyone believe that was PS5 only and the quietly before launch they mentioned there would be a PS4 version.

It's not that, but more that because Sony can't keep up with demand, and the PS4 Pro is still a pretty powerful console, it makes sense to release on both system and make sure your games sell the best they can. Game development is too risky as is, games have to hit the ground running right out of the gate with extremely strong day 1 sales in order to be a success.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If they don’t do 60fps modes at whatever resolution in all their games on PS5 I’m gonna cry. Same for Xbox.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Anything under 60 should be considered console cancer and platform holders should be the gatekeepers cause marketing people will always push for higher res regardless of studio/publisher

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

webmeister posted:

So is there any reason I apparently can't get GamePass for PC with my Bing rewards points? I claimed it last month, but the only thing showing up now is GamePass Ultimate, which doesn't really help me all that much since I don't have an Xbox.

Gamepass ultimate includes PC gamepass

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Barudak posted:

1) The PS5 has sold more units than the PS4 had at this point.
2) It absolutely is a wonderful thing for consumers, so maybe they should have said that out right. This is getting dredged up because sony got digs in on Xbox for telling consumers "oh yeah through 2022 we expect games on both platforms" by responding that they believed in generations and you'd get true PS5 stuff before then due to that.

I don't care about Sony lying or whatever, it's funny because:

American McGay posted:

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Nuts and Gum posted:

Anything under 60 should be considered console cancer and platform holders should be the gatekeepers cause marketing people will always push for higher res regardless of studio/publisher

It seems Phil is acting as the gatekeeper here, he seems to really like 60 fps.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thom12255 posted:

It seems Phil is acting as the gatekeeper here, he seems to really like 60 fps.

Highest quality pixels was a less effective initiative

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

All of my 360 controllers I use for PC games have some level of drift that's annoying enough to be a problem, and the non-bootleg Alps sensor for them seems to be discontinued so I can no longer do lasting repairs. Which of the various regular Xbox One controllers has the best d-pad, or at least one that's better than the awful default one the 360 has? Whenever I have to use it to quickly scroll left and right through the sub-palette in PSO2 I always inadvertently switch weapons instead.

Someone was selling an original elite controller for $40 but I wasn't fast enough to get it otherwise I would have just went with that and its swappable d-pad. If the newest Series X controller is at least as good as the Switch Pro controller with the tape mod for Tetris I'll probably be happy and get it with the wireless adapter bundle if I can't find any deals going used.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The Series controllers have an incredible d-pad but I hope you live alone because it's loud as gently caress.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

How does it rate on the "annoying the wife"-ometer compared to a mechanical keyboard?

e: Cherry Red switches

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
The series controller is pretty great. Better than the old Xbox 360 controllers I used for PC games for a long time. I think it’s better than the switch pro controller too fwiw. Just get yourself a decently long usb c to a cable for wired and a set of rechargeable AA batteries for wireless.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Coxswain Balls posted:

How does it rate on the "annoying the wife"-ometer compared to a mechanical keyboard?

e: Cherry Red switches

Not as bad, but it’s still louder than you might expect.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

webmeister posted:

So is there any reason I apparently can't get GamePass for PC with my Bing rewards points? I claimed it last month, but the only thing showing up now is GamePass Ultimate, which doesn't really help me all that much since I don't have an Xbox.

Ultimate is for both PC and Xbox.

You should try it on Xbox, too...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
I assume getting PC game pass months with points is a lot cheaper than ultimate though. If it's not there probably best just exchanging your points for store credit. I think you can get a discount if you also just set your points to auto-redeem for store credit.