Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should troll Fancy Pelosi be allowed to stay?
This poll is closed.
Yes 160 32.92%
No 326 67.08%
Total: 486 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

For context, this is what the FedSoc has an issue with.

https://twitter.com/IanHaneyLopez/status/1400241368845279234

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

highme posted:

For context, this is what the FedSoc has an issue with.

https://twitter.com/IanHaneyLopez/status/1400241368845279234

this is funny and not even offensive. what the gently caress is wrong with that school

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

LionArcher posted:

What thread where?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3865334&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I assume it's this thread in Business Finance and Careers

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

punishedkissinger posted:

this is funny and not even offensive. what the gently caress is wrong with that school

it's a rich old white school

Probably a bunch of them supported the insurrection

colleges being leftist bastions is mostly a lie and certainly never in administration

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Can't offend the rich white elite insane Dominionist Lawyers Guild! :shepface:

Heaven forbid anyone call out the dogmatic lunatics who are attempting to destroy the country; that wouldn't be proper :decorum:

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Killer robot posted:

And yet even that is infinitely more likely than her being put in jail solely only if Manchin refuses to bend the knee, and expressly let free if he does. Which is what people explicitly advocated.

No, it's not infinitely more likely. There's a zero percent chance of her ever being prosecuted under normal conditions and the only consequence she'll be made to face for robbing and killing diabetic people is more money. At best it's equally likely, in that neither will ever happen

Zotix posted:

AEI is hardcore Republican thinktank. When I worked at Sea Island they'd have annual meets there I think around this time of the year. 2019 had Eric Trump, Cheney, Pence, Mitch the Bitch, and dozens of House and Senate members along with a ton of other CEOs and other business leaders. All of this happens on a private island that the public isn't able to get on. Big Bilderburg vibes for sure.

AEI was elbow-deep in the invasion of Iraq too

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/JasonMillerinDC/status/1400107239394906114

Terrific! I wonder if he's joining Gab or Parler.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
Being a member of the Federalist Society should be considered grounds for disbarment, just like any violent anti-government group.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

It is in fact the conservatives who are the snowflakes and like to cancel people and hurt their lives.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Jaxyon posted:

The issue I disagreed with you on is that she is functionally no different from someone who votes GOP 100% of the time.

I literally never said this so yeah you're arguing against an imaginary version of me. Good job defeating a ghost, I guess!

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

The Sean posted:

I literally never said this so yeah you're arguing against an imaginary version of me. Good job defeating a ghost, I guess!

Did you forget posting and me replying to this the previous page?

Are you doing OK?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao they finally convinced him to join a chud site: how long till he gets bored with the low numbers and wanders off?

That or he has another ban evasion account on Twitter incoming

It amazes me to no end how extremely wierd and online Donny truly is. He's a former President and current international businessman. He could be making deals, doing speaking engagements, creating a Presidential Library. He could be working on any number of pet causes with his influence.

But no: his all consuming drive is to have his poo poo posts read by millions on a crappy website. That's what keeps him up at night: how soon he will be able to toilet tweet again.

Just a truly bizarre and strangely simple man.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Jaxyon posted:

Wasn't a fake version of you.

I did paraphase

Lol "not a fake version of you but I put words in your mouth"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
At the NYC Mayoral debate tonight, Yang just announced new policies to revitalize New York tourism after COVID.

- A "Moratorium on small business fines" to encourage businesses to try new things without fear of being fined.
- A new cabinet-level position to appoint a Secretary of Night Life to specifically be involved in bars, attractions, and restaurants.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

The Sean posted:

Lol "not a fake version of you but I put words in your mouth"

I originally replied to your exact wording do you want to deal with that post or have a slap fight about it?

You know I'm not Senator Sinema right?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao they finally convinced him to join a chud site: how long till he gets bored with the low numbers and wanders off?

That or he has another ban evasion account on Twitter incoming

It amazes me to no end how extremely wierd and online Donny truly is. He's a former President and current international businessman. He could be making deals, doing speaking engagements, creating a Presidential Library. He could be working on any number of pet causes with his influence.

But no: his all consuming drive is to have his poo poo posts read by millions on a crappy website. That's what keeps him up at night: how soon he will be able to toilet tweet again.

Just a truly bizarre and strangely simple man.

twitter gave him the ultimate serotonin blast and rush mixed with all the weird narcissistic attention poo poo in his broken brain. he can't get away from wanting that high and his live journal isnt doing that.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

You also have to consider that Trump was a Twitter addict for many years before running for President, too. It's his whole habit of how to interact with the world.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

twitter gave him the ultimate serotonin blast and rush mixed with all the weird narcissistic attention poo poo in his broken brain. he can't get away from wanting that high and his live journal isnt doing that.

It isn't helping that Fox isn't dropping everything to report on his latest blog post like they used to.
I mean, I know I'd feel pretty hyped if a massive media entity dropped everything to report on my lovely tweets as a BREAKING NEWS alert.

Hell, I still pat myself on the back for getting retweeted by that old @midnight show once back when it was still on the air, so I can only imagine the rush Donny got from Fox.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

At the NYC Mayoral debate tonight, Yang just announced new policies to revitalize New York tourism after COVID.

- A "Moratorium on small business fines" to encourage businesses to try new things without fear of being fined.
- A new cabinet-level position to appoint a Secretary of Night Life to specifically be involved in bars, attractions, and restaurants.
Didn’t he already talk about the second thing before

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

finally my innovations in room temperature potato salad will be allowed to slip the iron grip of the man

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Zwabu posted:

You also have to consider that Trump was a Twitter addict for many years before running for President, too. It's his whole habit of how to interact with the world.

Yeah like the pre-president Trump Twitter feed was really strange. Like he would be tweeting about who Kristen Stewart was dating and poo poo like that. Very weird things for a 60 something year old guy to be tweeting. And of course, he used to pick fights with Rosy O'Donnell.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Secretary, Night Life hasn't been good since the 80s.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The 1st seems like a disaster of an idea and will lead to pain.

The second I'm kind of cool with. "Who are you?" "I'm the Secretary of Nightlife, dude! Let's drop the beat and turn Manhattan into an island of rave after 9pm! Defund the police and instead fund giant rear end speakers all over the city!"

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Charliegrs posted:

Yeah like the pre-president Trump Twitter feed was really strange. Like he would be tweeting about who Kristen Stewart was dating and poo poo like that. Very weird things for a 60 something year old guy to be tweeting. And of course, he used to pick fights with Rosy O'Donnell.

We're being threatened by overgrown children with fascist tendencies. That's our godforsaken reality.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

Gatts posted:

The 1st seems like a disaster of an idea and will lead to pain.

The second I'm kind of cool with. "Who are you?" "I'm the Secretary of Nightlife, dude! Let's drop the beat and turn Manhattan into an island of rave after 9pm! Defund the police and instead fund giant rear end speakers all over the city!"

Feels like he's been watching too much Tom Haverford on Parks and Rec.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

State of Minnesota AG's office is seeking 30 years for Chauvin's sentence.

Minimum was 12 and maximum was 40.

https://mncourts.gov/mncourtsgov/media/High-Profile-Cases/27-CR-20-12646/MCRO_27-CR-20-12646_Memorandum_2021-06-02_20210602150808.pdf

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

PageMaster posted:

Feels like he's been watching too much Tom Haverford on Parks and Rec.

Yang is Tom if he actually had enough money to endure all his terrible ideas

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

9 major companies have partnered with the U.S. Government to give away free beer, free sandwiches, free donuts, free coffee, and free haircuts to every adult American if the country reaches a 70% vaccination rate by July 4th.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/02/poli...l&utm_term=link

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

9 major companies have partnered with the U.S. Government to give away free beer, free sandwiches, free donuts, free coffee, and free haircuts to every adult American if the country reaches a 70% vaccination rate by July 4th.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/02/poli...l&utm_term=link
I mean that’s a promise they won’t have to follow through on

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Netanyahu might finally be deposed by a coalition government that will be run by:

- An ultranationalist party that thought Netanyahu was too soft and is led by the former head of the Israeli Settlers Association and the Project for Greater Israel.
- A moderate party that is made up of mostly people who left Labour and Likud.
- An Arab nationalist party, who had previously vowed to never enter a coalition with a Jewish party.

The Arab nationalist party and the ultranationalist Jewish bloc both oppose a two-state solution (although, they obviously disagree about which state it should be), so this will be the first Israeli government that officially does not support a two-state solution.

https://twitter.com/AnshelPfeffer/status/1400177480917520394

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

FlamingLiberal posted:

I mean that’s a promise they won’t have to follow through on
Why even give them the free publicity, it’s not going to happen and they’ve already shown they won’t give promised $$ anyway with the BLM fuckery.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Netanyahu might finally be deposed by a coalition government that will be run by:

- An ultranationalist party that thought Netanyahu was too soft and is led by the former head of the Israeli Settlers Association and the Project for Greater Israel.
- An Arab nationalist party, who had previously vowed to never enter a coalition with a Jewish party.

The Arab nationalist party and the ultranationalist Jewish bloc both oppose a two-state solution (although, they obviously disagree about which state it should be), so this will be the first Israeli government that officially does not support a two-state solution.

It truly is incredible that despite all their sometimes violent differences, the complex factions of Israel and Palestine can agree on one thing: Bibi Netenyahu is dog poo poo

Lmao if everyone's vehement hatred and disgust for Netenyahu are the beginning steps for peace in the Middle East

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 3, 2021

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Are there talks about what the coalition will try to accomplish besides "gently caress Bibi" or is that literally the extent of the plan?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

"gently caress Bibi" is a hell of a start

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

How are u posted:

Is this seriously the type of logic by which you live your life? Come on, man. The world is slightly more complicated and nuanced than this.

Yes? If things are important I do them. Like it was important to me to say goodnight to my daughter, tuck her in and read her a bedtime story every night. I made it happen, because if I'd skip it for a good reason I'd skip it for a bad one. It wasn't always easy, but it mattered to me so I did it until she got too old and cool for dad.

My last job would be considered a premium position and I had 5 #1 priorities from on-high, they weren't all #1 priorities and you could tell which one mattered based on where the urgency was. Another tell: the things we cared about had metrics and got done and the things we didn't had no way to measure and languished.

Actions speak louder than words. If confirming judges is so important, they would be doing it. They aren't. So they can't care all that much and must have other priorities.

Personally I think this is stupid as leaving all those vacancies for Mitch from not caring the last time didn't go so hot, but hey.

Jaxyon posted:

Oh so you're just hoping your simplistic view of government that ignores several things is, in fact, reality, so that your personal views can align with your values.

LOL. Ok buddy. I may not have a lawyers understanding of the intricacies of senate procedure but I don't have an unsophisticated view of government or how it works. Don't confuse contempt for ignorance.

The only thing the majority buys you with a fillibuster are the few things that aren't fillibusterable. You think judges and undersecretaries are super important to winning 2022, I don't care and I don't see signs the party cares.

Appreciate the condescension instead of discussion though.

James Garfield posted:

Nothing except for the small matter of a $1.9 trillion covid relief package that received zero Republican votes, you mean.

You know she can't retroactively retract her vote from ARP and thumbs down it, right? You could do whatever blackmail murder fantasy people think Selec was cooking up and the ARP is still law. There is no more ARP oil in that ground, it's gone.

What's next? What does playing hard and Sinema leaving cost you? Majority leader, so bills die on Mitch's desk instead of to the fillibuster. You lose committee chairs, but you can fillibuster that, apparently. You'll lose whatever noms you haven't put through.... and that's... it, really.

Her vote just doesn't matter much anymore since the one bill you get is blown and everything has to go 60-40 and you aren't getting 60 votes for anything.

E: This ground has very recently shrunk. The 1/6 commission dying and the parlimentarian ruling against more creative uses of reconciliation means less votes coming up where any senator matters at all. The house is going to go alone on investigation, sooo, the risk is as minimal as it is gonna get RE: pissing off a senator atm.

Buffer fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jun 3, 2021

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Are there talks about what the coalition will try to accomplish besides "gently caress Bibi" or is that literally the extent of the plan?

They just announced the agreement an hour ago, so they have no public agenda. Going to be very difficult to do anything remotely controversial and will probably force another election in a year or two.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Charliegrs posted:

I laughed so hard when she hosted SNL and brought that up.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Zwabu posted:

Charliegrs posted:

Twitter is literally like a drug to narcissists: they get a stream of adulation directed at themselves from fans, they can unleash a wave of sycophants at their enemies, they can manipulate and abuse and lie and mislead basically without repercussions, they have a captive audience they can inflict their opinions on about any topic at any time, and they get constant 24/7 recognition of their existence on tap to fill the void where an inner life would be in a normal person

They just announced the agreement an hour ago, so they have no public agenda. Going to be very difficult to do anything remotely controversial and will probably force another election in a year or two.

If all they do is get Bibi out long enough to get prosecuted it will be an enormous accomplishment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

I saw some recent polls that showed some significant erosion of support for Israel among Americans, especially Democrats. I suspect that has a lot to do with Netanyahu being so cozy with Trump and I wonder if the new PM will manage to reverse it.

Also, I'm just being a face blind goon or does the guy on the left look like Matt LeBlanc?