Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Given that Rizen, Baron Black, and Fuego are all in the Elevation opening, are there seemingly every week, and are all over the vlogs generally, I have to imagine they're all downlow signed until things ramp up more for the new show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Britt 100% gonna duck Thunder Rosa because she’s not actually part of AEW.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think we're gonna get Leyla vs. Britt soon.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

call out Leyla, Britt you coward.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Whew, just catching up on all the news and this is a lot to take in. Excited to learn more about Tina Shemp and her plans for the women's division.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Oh, it's definitely gonna be the 'I beat her before, and there's no record of her ever beating me, so nyeh!' bit.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pylons posted:

I suspect Britt's first challenge will be Nyla since Nyla beat her recently

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Rampage will be Fuego’s show like how Smackdown was The Rock’s

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

Leyla, Tay and Swole Revisited would all work as Britt’s first few programs.

Stat would be a good “oh the title could actually change” program to lead into the end game of Britt dropping to Rosa at Revolution the second that “Thunder Rosa is #AllElite” graphic drops on New Year’s.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Leyla, Tay and Swole Revisited would all work as Britt’s first few programs.

Stat would be a good “oh the title could actually change” program to lead into the end game of Britt dropping to Rosa at Revolution the second that “Thunder Rosa is #AllElite” graphic drops on New Year’s.

Yeah, I'd save Stat for like, the All Out defense.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1400264525644025856

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

Yeah, I'd save Stat for like, the All Out defense.

I’d even go Full Gear if Billy absolutely refuses to let Rosa go before January 1, even though I think the women’s title could stand to change hands once or twice more this year.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

hell yeah

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Belt up Britt, sure why the gently caress not.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Also Britt's got a lot of potential challengers if they can bring Joshis in. Yuka, VENY, Ryo, Mei Suruga.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Pylons posted:

Also Britt's got a lot of potential challengers if they can bring Joshis in. Yuka, VENY, Ryo, Mei Suruga.

I'd like to see Emi challenge for it now that she's an evil chess piece who beats the living dogshit out of people.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Britt would have a stroke trying to keep up with Mei lol

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
poor brit baker, thought of timing a serving tray spot and died

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009

Saucer Crab posted:

Given that Rizen, Baron Black, and Fuego are all in the Elevation opening, are there seemingly every week, and are all over the vlogs generally, I have to imagine they're all downlow signed until things ramp up more for the new show.

AEW going out of their way to try and hire as much of the enhancement talent that helped carry them through the pandemic while WWE just lays off all their people who worked all through the pandemic is surely something

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

cauliflower jones posted:

AEW going out of their way to try and hire as much of the enhancement talent that helped carry them through the pandemic while WWE just lays off all their people who worked all through the pandemic is surely something

I was thinking of that earlier today. I know we shouldn’t Stan billionaire but TK has been a god drat saint throughout this pandemic. He’s given dozens of wrestlers regular paydays in the most uncertain time the industry has ever seen.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

lol I totally forgot that Riho announced she lives in the US now less than a week ago.

They have so many options to run at Britt.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I was thinking of that earlier today. I know we shouldn’t Stan billionaire but TK has been a god drat saint throughout this pandemic. He’s given dozens of wrestlers regular paydays in the most uncertain time the industry has ever seen.

At the end of the day it's all for his benefit but it's still nIce to have a company that recognizes that they benefit from treating people well and encouraging a strong indie environment.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/legitleyla/status/1400261737224585221?s=21

Here comes that push.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hirsch vs Conti would be fascinating because the logical way to lay it out is pseudo-shoot style.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Thunder Rosa is being buried again!

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Gaz-L posted:

Hirsch vs Conti would be fascinating because the logical way to lay it out is pseudo-shoot style.

I really hope I'm right and they've signed Lindsay Snow because she's someone else who can do those matches once her knee heals up.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
its still really wild just how much talent aew picked up during the pandemic

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

UWF RULES
UWF RULES

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

CombineThresher posted:

I really hope I'm right and they've signed Lindsay Snow because she's someone else who can do those matches once her knee heals up.

Continuing to bring her in to do extra work while she’s been recovering is at least a positive sign and I hope they continue to give her a look once she can go again.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Evil Badman posted:

Thunder Rosa is being buried again!

She cut an amazing promo on Britt as the cold open to Elevation this week.

I remembered this thread and chuckled to myself.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Oh Snapple! posted:

Britt would have a stroke trying to keep up with Mei lol

Imagine what would happen if she faced Chie

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

graph posted:

its still really wild just how much talent aew picked built up during the pandemic

(I know what you're getting at, just saying :))

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I like that AEW is pushing new people that aren't just ex-WWE folks. As much as I think it would be nice if guys like Andrade and Black end up in AEW, I'm more invested in guys like Darby, JB, MJF, Acclaimed etc etc who I had never seen prior to AEW.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My two favorite forums coming together.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFriendsPlay/comments/nr188q/so_cody_rhodes_is_one_of_us_now/

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1400256511927013379

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I think the big challenge with Britt Baker is that like, nobody who beats her gets elevated from it. Big Swole, Thunder Rosa, and Nyla Rose all have victories over Baker in 2021 and, aside from Swole's title match with Shida, none of them have ever appeared on Dynamite again. I like Dark and Elevation, but when you have 95% of the women's division relegated to the optional B and C shows on Youtube, that's kinda just telling the audience that Baker is the only woman in the company that matters.

They desperately need to start building babyfaces besides Thunder Rosa cause she literally cannot do anything title-wise until 2022, and if they don't it's just gonna be 6 or 7 months of matches where you know the challenger has literally no chance whatsoever of winning.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Matt on Sammy Vlog when?

edit: the heat between the Elite is real and it's because Cody is a huge Matt fan while Kenny likes Woolie. The Bucks watch Pat and Paige's streams.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hah, wow that's cool. I completely fell off all the super bestfriends once they broke up but it's neat to see them still doing stuff.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So, there were a bunch of toxxes.

Help me out in knowing which one's failed and what the forfeit is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3969636

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Drakkel posted:

Big Swole, Thunder Rosa, and Nyla Rose all have victories over Baker in 2021 and, aside from Swole's title match with Shida, none of them have ever appeared on Dynamite again.

Do people have memory loss when it comes to Thunder Rosa being featured on AEW Dynamite or what's going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Drakkel posted:

I think the big challenge with Britt Baker is that like, nobody who beats her gets elevated from it. Big Swole, Thunder Rosa, and Nyla Rose all have victories over Baker in 2021 and, aside from Swole's title match with Shida, none of them have ever appeared on Dynamite again. I like Dark and Elevation, but when you have 95% of the women's division relegated to the optional B and C shows on Youtube, that's kinda just telling the audience that Baker is the only woman in the company that matters.

They desperately need to start building babyfaces besides Thunder Rosa cause she literally cannot do anything title-wise until 2022, and if they don't it's just gonna be 6 or 7 months of matches where you know the challenger has literally no chance whatsoever of winning.

Can't blame you for not remembering, but Rosa did recently have an "in action" on Dynamite where she squashed someone I have forgotten.