Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Cage Kicker posted:

As someone who plays a lot of scientist, I commend you for your request for cleaning chemicals. I don't have time to be bothered with "occupational safety" and "data safety sheets" I got some poo poo that will get the floor REALLY clean

Are there *still hellchems you can mop with that can melt thru the floor and space?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Mopping floors with Bose-Einstein Condensate

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

frodnonnag posted:

Are there *still hellchems you can mop with that can melt thru the floor and space?

yeah but having fun on SS13 is like a fire if you burn it as hot and fast as possible it runs out of fuel sooner. also harmlube is hilariously easy

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Well, if anyone wants to know the current state of the game, there's now a five page argument debating the removal of piss, with most of the admins either chiming in for its removal or shutting down people arguing against its removal.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Hope there's a public digest. That sounds fun.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Cage Kicker posted:

As someone who plays a lot of scientist, I commend you for your request for cleaning chemicals. I don't have time to be bothered with "occupational safety" and "data safety sheets" I got some poo poo that will get the floor REALLY clean

Floor can't be dirty if there is no floor (taps head)

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Inadequately posted:

Well, if anyone wants to know the current state of the game, there's now a five page argument debating the removal of piss, with most of the admins either chiming in for its removal or shutting down people arguing against its removal.

six pages and counting

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Inadequately posted:

for all internet projects there are two kinds of people who become admins: people who are very passionate about the project and people who are very passionate about becoming admins. every project starts with mostly the first type, but as time goes on new admins are more and more likely to be the second type. if the project has a lot of admin turnover and survives long enough then, inevitably, the end result is complete type 2 saturation.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Inadequately posted:

Quick look aaaaaaaand... that's not what's happening at all.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

No admin has come out strongly in favour of this, several are against it, the closest your summary gets to reality is a couple going "I don't care one way or the other. is piss upsetting people?"

The actual problem being discussed is serial pissflooders flooding the station with piss every round and several alternative solutions have already come up, like making pissing damage your kidneys, having piss cause stains instead of puddles that contribute to the fluid system, reducing the amount one person can piss etc. But I guess it's hard to turn that into an "admins are DELETING FUN game dead now" hate-on for the benefit of people who don't play the game any more.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Admin opinions as of page 5, when I posted that:

"Yes, I want it gone" x 2
"I don't care" X 2
"The people supporting piss are leaning very hard on slippery slope arguments" x 1
"No, but we should limit it" x 2

I stand by what I said, the majority of admins chiming in at that point were either supporting its removal or didn't care. You can argue that it doesn't fully cover the full nuances of the situation, but that doesn't change the facts.

And for the record, the thread isn't titled 'Serial pissflooders are becoming a problem'. It's titled 'Removing Urine' and everyone in the thread is debating about whether pee should be removed in its entirety or not. "It's actually about serial pissflooders and is being blown out of proportion' is just as much of a mischaracterization of the situation.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So you did lie to import drama for internet outrage points, good to know.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
I wake up and there is a five page argument in the forums about removing piss. A quick scroll through shows that most of the admins posting in it have come out in favor of its removal. I post about it here, because the situation is absurd on multiple levels. At no point did garnering internet outrage points cross my mind.

Also, I just substantiated what I said, so I'm not sure why you're doubling down on calling me a liar.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

*Trying to think of a take that will make lots of factions mad* make it so every tenth intentional *piss plays Baker Street and flags you to get banned for limiting Twitch accessibility

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

They may take our lives but they will never take my piss

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
people are pissed off about getting pissed on

some people think that we should turn piss off

but i think they should tell the people who are pissing people off by running piss into the ground to piss off

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

More piss

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i suggested a new feature where using midas touch on a showerhead would result in a fun new interaction

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

we have removed the piss function on any map containing a bathtub, as we fear players taking advantage of the Twitch hot tub meta and landing us in trouble

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
first they came for the poop, and I said nothing because I wasn't a poop foamer
then they came for the piss, and I said nothing because I wasn't a piss flooder
then they came for the farting, and there was nobody to say anything for me

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

those discord culture admins at it again. none of this would have happened on irc

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

More importantly, did they really get rid of the "No" subforum under the unban appeals? That's pretty sad if they did.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

On a drier note, does anyone have opinions on the new ranching system? I've tried it a couple of times and it seems neat if a little slow. I don't yet have a handle on how often I need to feed them. The ranch area also seems awkwardly placed in botany on Cogmap 1 with the pens being far apart.

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

this is why you can't let pubbies run things

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Womyn Capote posted:

this is why you can't let pubbies run things

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Jeff the Mediocre posted:

More importantly, did they really get rid of the "No" subforum under the unban appeals? That's pretty sad if they did.

They also took down the Banned Camp, Dumb Pubbies, and Pubbie Tears articles from the wiki. Honestly, while I enjoy seeing jerkwads dunked on as much as the next guy, I can understand why they'd remove various outlets for open mockery of others. Ultimately, it's just a bunch of self-satisfied nerds pointing and laughing at worse people, and it both contributes to a rather toxic culture of """ironic""" bullying (something most online subcultures still struggle to deal with), as well as provides a scapegoat for others to excuse their own lovely behavior (i.e., "At least I'm not as bad as X"). Simply removing disruptive people from the community and, if necessary, denying their appeals, is plenty.

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

EclecticTastes posted:

They also took down the Banned Camp, Dumb Pubbies, and Pubbie Tears articles from the wiki. Honestly, while I enjoy seeing jerkwads dunked on as much as the next guy, I can understand why they'd remove various outlets for open mockery of others. Ultimately, it's just a bunch of self-satisfied nerds pointing and laughing at worse people, and it both contributes to a rather toxic culture of """ironic""" bullying (something most online subcultures still struggle to deal with), as well as provides a scapegoat for others to excuse their own lovely behavior (i.e., "At least I'm not as bad as X"). Simply removing disruptive people from the community and, if necessary, denying their appeals, is plenty.

That's fair. Didn't think of that.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Make pissing on a bible have the same effect as farting on one. Piss at your own risk.

Edwardly
Jun 28, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

Make pissing on a bible have the same effect as farting on one. Piss at your own risk.

Or it should make holy piss.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Jeff the Mediocre posted:

It looks like they did, and it fuckin blows because that forum was my favorite to pick though. I loved showing pals the absolutely bizarre one with the guy who made some really lovely edits of the game screen with fake logs and everything.

The other stuff I can kind of understand, but the No forum was special :(

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I understand not wanting to encourage that kind of late-00s sneering/mocking goon culture but a hall of fame of some of the weirdest people wouldn't be too harmful imo. I miss Zoo Phil

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I understand not wanting to encourage that kind of late-00s sneering/mocking goon culture but a hall of fame of some of the weirdest people wouldn't be too harmful imo. I miss Zoo Phil

All the stuff is still basically archived via the History pages of the various sections, so we can always go back to reread the greatest hits (on the wiki, that is, though you have to deliberately look for them). Honestly, the really wild stories were all pretty old, anyway, and the last few entries were just randos having generic meltdowns and the like. Think all the real grade-A weirdbeards may have moved on to other games (or just other servers).

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Give piss a chance

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

My fortune is yours for the taking, but you'll have to find it first. I left everything I own in One Piss

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
the pee thread is up to 11 pages now, and is somehow one of the most active threads on the forum in recent memory

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I'm hearing a lot of whining about pubbies, but do i see a ss13 coup thread in PGS? No, I do not.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I'm just surprised that the thread is still going. I would've expected it to be flushed by now.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf_0d2dJtvs

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Keep piss, remove puke, add sweat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Make tears drinkable, make punches cause involuntary crying, if a goon medal owner does it put :smug: size 100 over their head.