Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

JOHN CENA posted:

what team sets do you guys like using for the ff6 end game?

Depends on who you have with the epic genji glove / offering combo and other stuff like that but typically I do

Terra
Locke
Cyan
Setzer

Sabin
Gogo
Celes
Shadow

Mog (with moogle charm)
Umaro
Strago
Gau

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

ive pretty much always done one super team and everyone else so-so, so usually like

sabin
shadow
edgar
locke

gogo
celes
terra
strago

mog
cyan
setzer
umaro

relm
gau

obvs the exact comp depends on who i want to play with this time, but relm will never make the team and i usually dont jump through all the hoops to make gau superpowered because tehre are a lot of them and i usually dont feel like it

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

You can use Stray Cat rage on Gau the entire game and he'll be strong. Stray Cat is even available when you first recruit him.

I usually use Terra and Celes at the bare minimum since they can equip Minerva so it's easy for them to get to 128 Mblock, becoming nigh invincible.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I have somehow weirdly never really played ff6. Is the phone port any good?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Ahahaha, ahh, ohhh you funny man. Come come, we no talk about phone port here

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

on a scale from 1 to 10 how happy would you be to be made a mod

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
What did I say lol. I guess that's a no from the imps

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i recommend playing it on the super nintendo entertainment system

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

Same. GBA is acceptable

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 223 days!
i don't use the term much but the phone port really just is aids

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

mycophobia posted:

Agreed. Stay away from the PS1 port

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Yes you have to install retroarch and play the game within 24 hours of downloading the rom however

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I think I will play it on the Super Nintendo. Thank you gamers

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

how did they screw up the psx ports of ff6 and chrono trigger so bad? i don't remember noticing a ton of loading in native psx rpgs

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

JOHN CENA posted:

I take my normal heavy hitters and split them across the three groups and then just fill in the rest with whoever. Something like: Sabin and Shadow in one group, Edgar and Gogo in another, then maybe Terra + Locke w/Offering+Genji (like the wu-tang clan this combo Ain't Nuttin ta gently caress Wit) glove heading up the other group. Then just sprinkle in anyone else based on how much I’ve used them. Gau and Relm will stay on the airship. :colbert:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Frenz posted:

how did they screw up the psx ports of ff6 and chrono trigger so bad? i don't remember noticing a ton of loading in native psx rpgs

the chrono trigger one is so unplayable, it's insane. it's not even that they didn't put any effort into it, because they added all those movies and some tie-ins to chrono cross and whatever, but the load times before every fight really just gently caress up the whole game.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Frenz posted:

I remember digging on the CDs for both games and there's an actual snes ROM on the disc that will actually load in an snes emulator or on a real snes

The short version is the game isn't being emulated and it also wasn't ported. It kinda grabs data from the rom on the fly which is slow as poo poo. It's one of the reason pressing the menu button takes eight seconds. And it's hard programmed that way too so even if you play it on a solid state system like the vita, the loading doesn't get any better.

I agree the snes version is the best one to play. The Ted Woolsey uncensored hack is really good if you want cool little things like the job titles and Cafes turned into Pubs thing but the game is pretty much perfect on its own.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I did the gba style translation patch so here we go :yum:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

sounds like you're loaded for bear.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

you chose poorly. woolsey forever

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Fungah! posted:

you chose poorly. woolsey forever

I have no nostalgia for it

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Mog Moglulu Moghan Moguel Moglin Mogret Moggie Mogsy Mogwin Mugmug and Cosmog

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

honestly if you want the GBA script then I'd just go with the GBA version with the patch that gives it better sound + colour

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Fungah! posted:

relm will never make the team and i usually dont jump through all the hoops to make gau superpowered because tehre are a lot of them and i usually dont feel like it

Jose Valasquez posted:

Gau and Relm will stay on the airship. :colbert:

Gau and Relm are the strongest though?

Relm has the highest magic power and magic is just the strongest option in general. Give her a couple earrings and she can do 9999 damage with a Fire 3.

Gau does take a while to power up but I personally find fighting on the veldt to be fun.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i do too but iirc it's kind of a nuisance to get the really strong stuff other thn stray cat. i just don't like relm that much so she never makes the team and basically guaranteed never will

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
My favorites when I was little watching my brother play were Shadow (cool) and Mog (cute)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FF6 is easy enough that you can use pretty much any team which is cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Frenz posted:

probably a lovely emulator

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

the chrono trigger one is so unplayable, it's insane. it's not even that they didn't put any effort into it, because they added all those movies and some tie-ins to chrono cross and whatever, but the load times before every fight really just gently caress up the whole game.

the stupid chrono cross tie ins are only in the awful ds post game dungeons

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

both getting rages on the veldt and figuring out what they actually do in combat is something the in-game documentation does not explain very well. even using an emulator and save-scumming, it's tough to get the ones you want without knowing how the encounters work on the veldt which is uh... real complicated. plus gau doesn't actually do the same attacks as the monsters he's emulating all the time and you don't want him suddenly using exploder or something as a surprise. he's extremely powerful if you take the time to learn what rages work situationally and if you're willing to commit to hanging around the veldt for awhile, where you don't get experience. but if you're playing casually and don't want to look stuff up, i can see stuffing him in the airship.

relm is similar because it instinctively feels like terra and celes should be better at casting spells and her ability, sketch, is so weird that it can cause some of the most bizarre glitches in final fantasy. also changing sketch to control requires her to wear one accessory all the time and control, like rage, is a complete crapshoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

the stupid chrono cross tie ins are only in the awful ds post game dungeons

those aren't in the playstation version. it's just a few references in the cartoons they add for some of the endings.