Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Bucnasti posted:

"The Dutch Connection" sounds like a made up sex move you'd find on Urban Dictionary.

I'm pretty sure it involves you and your best bro going halves on a prostitute while you're wearing pork pie hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jessica Jones #3

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Jessica Jones #3

As i recall, this pays off with Luke and Jessica yelling at him for loving up Dani's birthday party and he gets all apologetic.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

As i recall, this pays off with Luke and Jessica yelling at him for loving up Dani's birthday party and he gets all apologetic.

Yep

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hellions #12 has a lot of good stuff

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I love slice of life hero stuff.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
NO! NOT THE CAPE!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hellions #12 has a lot of good stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Spi8kx3vjE

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you know, stabbing one of the council with a broken bottle is not a crime under krakoan law. xavier tried to pretend harming a council member is punishable by forever prison in excalibur, but it really isn't.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
It's like something out of Milk & Cheese comics

edit: for those too young to know

Kevin Palpatine fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jun 3, 2021

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Is that Nanny's secret identity, after all this time? Nanny -

Wait.

Where do you get goat milk and goat cheese? From a nanny goat

IYKK
Mar 13, 2006

SimonChris posted:

"Superman and the Peace Bomb".

Hey, I've read this. It was translated to Swedish as Stålmannen i Stockholm (Superman in Stockholm). Now I know why it felt a bit off. Not very good, but I checked it out from the library at least twice nonetheless.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Marauders are also having a good time at the gala.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Shi'ar are damned cops

Also Marauders

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

IYKK posted:

Hey, I've read this. It was translated to Swedish as Stålmannen i Stockholm (Superman in Stockholm). Now I know why it felt a bit off. Not very good, but I checked it out from the library at least twice nonetheless.

Yes, that's the one. Superman visits five scenic European countries, so each country had an opportunity to publish "Superman in Our Country / Capital!".

Anyway,

Is Wyatt's incredible story true? Or is the CIA right about him? Why would the CCCP bomb a banana stand? Find out the answers in the next thrilling installment!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The bananas are also radioactive elements

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Plastic Man #35 (1952)

Booster Gold #2 (2007)

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Elfface posted:

Well, now they're full of lead.

Probably shouldn't eat them tbh.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Darthemed posted:

Booster Gold #2 (2007)

Holy poo poo, a Doctor 13: Architecture and Mortality reference???

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Elfface posted:

Hellions #12.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Crush & Lobo #1 I like the expression of Crush's face in the second panel there.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

The Shi'ar are damned cops

Also Marauders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9RAZxNdCk8

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

The_Other posted:

Crush & Lobo #1 I like the expression of Crush's face in the second panel there.

Is that supposed to be Lobo?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That's crush, his daughter

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Huh. Didn't know Lobo had a daughter, I assumed that was him. Didn't DC make him all bishonen with the New 52? Though I think they changed him back at some point.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
How does Lobo have a daughter? Wasn't he the last of his race because he killed them all?

Somebody really needs to explain to DC what "The Last" means. Superman's supposed to be "The Last Son of Kyrypton" but there the place is lousy with Kryptonians.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bucnasti posted:

How does Lobo have a daughter? Wasn't he the last of his race because he killed them all?

Somebody really needs to explain to DC what "The Last" means. Superman's supposed to be "The Last Son of Kyrypton" but there the place is lousy with Kryptonians.

I don't know about the others, but isn't Kara from a different planet? Something nearby that was taken out in the shrapnel of Krypton exploding?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Skwirl posted:

I don't know about the others, but isn't Kara from a different planet? Something nearby that was taken out in the shrapnel of Krypton exploding?

That’s how it was in the DCAU, but the usual explanation is that they’re cousins

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kara is from Argo which was a city on Krypton that had a shield around it so when the planet exploded it just got kind of hurled into space.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Bucnasti posted:

She's only half-Czarnian. It's like saying Superman can't have a kid with Lois.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Toshimo posted:

She's only half-Czarnian. It's like saying Superman can't have a kid with Lois.

Superman can't have a kid with Lois.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Bucnasti posted:

Superman is the last Kryptonian to be born on Krypton. The bottle city of Kandor was stolen by Brainiac before Kal-El was born, all of the Phantom Zone criminals were put there before he was born, Supergirl is older than he is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
their kid has been around in the main dcu for years!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
How does Conner Kent factor into the “Last Son” bit?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Thaddius the Large posted:

How does Conner Kent factor into the “Last Son” bit?

It's Last Son of Krypton, Conner is of Earth

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Bucnasti posted:

IIRC Crush, aka Xiomara Rojas, is half human although the identity of her mother is unknown. She did come from outer space (for some reason) and the ship carrying her to Earth as baby crashed outside of the Burning Man Festival and she was adopted by two of the party goers there.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Bucnasti posted:

He did, but he's had 100s of children too. Most of them he's murdered.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

Kara is from Argo which was a city on Krypton that had a shield around it so when the planet exploded it just got kind of hurled into space.

I believe the current version is Kara and Clark were sent from Krypton at the same time, with Kara meant to protect her little cousin. Something something space stuff and her rocket didn't get to Earth until 30 some years after his, and all of a sudden her baby cousin is 10 years older than her and her reason for leaving her whole family is gone.

The stuff with her being from another planet was because in the 90s whoever the DC EIC at the time was was very, very firm about Superman being the ONLY Kryptonian, so Krypto, Supergirl, Superboy either couldn't exist or there had to be some reason they weren't really from Krypton. Hence the Matrix goo-robot Supergirl.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Whatever happened to the goo Matrix Supergirl. Return of Superman was probably the first time I read read a long form comic, so a lot of that is impressed on my brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
She merged with a version of Linda Danvers to make her more like the pre-Crisis Supergirl, then PAD revealed she was really an angel and they split but left Linda with powers. Then the edict got loosened, they brought the pre-Crisis Supergirl back... and the book got cancelled and like 2 years later Johns ignored all that just did his own version of Kara.