Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

DariusLikewise posted:

Pallister turns down 24k AZ vaccines because ??????

well, statistically, there's a 1 in 4 chance that a single person would get a blood clot from 24k vaccines. pallister is just weighing the risks!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Manitoba can't afford another quarter person in hospital with VITT, it's a shrewd move.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

pokeyman posted:

Manitoba Alberta, Saskatchewan, or Ontario can't afford another quarter person in hospital with VITT, it's a shrewd move.

Remember we ship patients out of province now

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Were they also dumping ICU patients onto North Dakota?

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Arcsquad12 posted:

Were they also dumping ICU patients onto North Dakota?

I believe that was discussed but dropped after Pallister decided one day that the new bogeyman would be Joe Biden.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Ahhhhh gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you

https://twitter.com/bkives/status/1400486712070004740?s=20

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

WHAT
THE
gently caress
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU loving GUTTED THE HOSPITALS YOU MOTHER FUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

DariusLikewise posted:

Ahhhhh gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you

Excuse me but the ICU beds Pallister's government foolishly eliminated would have been very busy, adding further stress to healthcare and the numbers of people in Manitoba ICUs goes down when you ship them out of province and have them die outside of the province rather than within it. Also ... sports metaphor.

Pallister and his toadies are the worst.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Freeland blasts Air Canada for paying $10M executive bonuses while receiving bailout

Gee, I dunno, maybe you should have made those bailouts conditional or something???????

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

DariusLikewise posted:

Did the press push back on this at all?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Alctel posted:

Did the press push back on this at all?

He didn't take any questions or comments at this press conference as far as I know, there is sure to be another round of editorials calling him a liar I'm sure though

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Hahaha when Pallister came into power I lost a co worker in my department due to cutbacks, every PCH I know suffered massive losses (gee I wonder if that had anything to do with why the pandemic hit the pch's so hard hmmmm) and I personally knew so many doctors and nurses that lost their job or were strangled out by reduced hours to the point working at McDonald's made more money.

I would not be able to help myself laughing if he responded to a question like that. Probably piss him off too since there's no way he truly believes that poo poo.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So what happens to the people shipped out of province once they've recovered anyways? Who foots the bill for them to come back, considering they probably didn't go voluntarily?

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Get hosed Pallister - i hate these shitheads so much

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

vyelkin posted:

Freeland blasts Air Canada for paying $10M executive bonuses while receiving bailout

Gee, I dunno, maybe you should have made those bailouts conditional or something???????

lol the least surprising outcome

The only surprising part is that anyone said anything.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Randalor posted:

So what happens to the people shipped out of province once they've recovered anyways? Who foots the bill for them to come back, considering they probably didn't go voluntarily?

The province is paying to airlift them there and back and presumably footing the bill for their care. No one seems to know how the gently caress they are going to bring back the two people that died in Ontario though so the families can make funeral arrangements.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol Hinshaw with the half assed attempt to defend Kenney and his cronies on the balcony by saying "I wasn't there so I don't know but I've seen the photo and anyways next question."

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Arcsquad12 posted:

Lol Hinshaw with the half assed attempt to defend Kenney and his cronies on the balcony by saying "I wasn't there so I don't know but I've seen the photo and anyways next question."

https://twitter.com/KevinCTV/status/1400569307105464322?s=20

Please see these men 6 feet apart.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wonder what Rick Bell's angle is by pressing this question. He's usually on Kenney's side for all these updates and now he's asking about how Kenney refusing to admit fault is undermining public trust. Is he one of those nutso libertarians who only likes the ruling government when they are beating down people he doesn't like and throws them under the bus the moment he actually has to deal with face-eating leopard consequences?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Arcsquad12 posted:

I wonder what Rick Bell's angle is by pressing this question. He's usually on Kenney's side for all these updates and now he's asking about how Kenney refusing to admit fault is undermining public trust. Is he one of those nutso libertarians who only likes the ruling government when they are beating down people he doesn't like and throws them under the bus the moment he actually has to deal with face-eating leopard consequences?

Yes, that and he has a weird penchant for thinking he is speaking for the common man so he tends to push back on topics that he think they'll be pissed about.

Whether this is some internal justification to himself to not being a straight up mouth piece or actual its hard to tell.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Kenney has zero support on this issue from anyone but his lackeys. Whether you think the rules are all stupid and we should just open ‘er up, or whether you think what he did was reasonable but clearly against the rules, or whether you think that situation is actually risky, the one thing pretty much everyone can agree on is that it was a fuckup.

I happen to think it’s not a big deal except for the fact that he violated some fairly unreasonable rules that he himself created and expected everyone else to abide by. We ought to be pissed, and the reason we ought to be pissed is the double-standard involved.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

PT6A posted:

Kenney has zero support on this issue from anyone but his lackeys. Whether you think the rules are all stupid and we should just open ‘er up, or whether you think what he did was reasonable but clearly against the rules, or whether you think that situation is actually risky, the one thing pretty much everyone can agree on is that it was a fuckup.

I happen to think it’s not a big deal except for the fact that he violated some fairly unreasonable rules that he himself created and expected everyone else to abide by. We ought to be pissed, and the reason we ought to be pissed is the double-standard involved.

Their whole thing has been blaming all the spread on social gatherings.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

terrorist ambulance posted:

Their whole thing has been blaming all the spread on social gatherings.

Yeah, but I mean we all know very well that was bullshit, and in those cases where it was true, it was more about indoor social gatherings (much more likely during winter) than having a meal outside. They're hypocritical pieces of poo poo, there's no doubt about that, but the issue here is, reasonably, not a few guys sitting outside on the deck (who, I should add, could be trivially contact-traced if it came to that, which is why I think this is safer than restaurant patio situations). That's simply not very risky now that case counts are reasonable and most people in Alberta have at least one dose of vaccine.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

PT6A posted:

Yeah, but I mean we all know very well that was bullshit, and in those cases where it was true, it was more about indoor social gatherings (much more likely during winter) than having a meal outside. They're hypocritical pieces of poo poo, there's no doubt about that, but the issue here is, reasonably, not a few guys sitting outside on the deck (who, I should add, could be trivially contact-traced if it came to that, which is why I think this is safer than restaurant patio situations). That's simply not very risky now that case counts are reasonable and most people in Alberta have at least one dose of vaccine.

Case counts are reasonable for now. Who knows what they'll be in a couple of weeks once we open up further? The hypocrisy is that much more galling since this is the fourth? fifth? time Bumbles has done "Do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do." His base can only forgive so much. Speaking of which: https://www.skypalace.ca :lol:

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009
I firmly believe that the people who make the rules have an obligation to follow the spirit, not just the letter.

If you can't eat your own drat dog food that you're forcing on everybody else, what's the point of it in the first place.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Lars Blitzer posted:

Case counts are reasonable for now. Who knows what they'll be in a couple of weeks once we open up further? The hypocrisy is that much more galling since this is the fourth? fifth? time Bumbles has done "Do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do." His base can only forgive so much. Speaking of which: https://www.skypalace.ca :lol:

Ok, that is pretty loving great. Can people not in Alberta donate to Alberta NDP? Cause I want to be legal.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Yeah it undermines confidence in public health measures when the leaders responsible for them don't observe them, whether or not some of them are kinda stupid

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
It's the weird thing in public discourse where you could have a 300 Million procurement gently caress up and no one bats an eye but if someone expenses $3,000 of OJ then its real and definable to the common voter.

Its never the big things that take people down its the small and contextual things.

Kenney defaulting to gaslighting also just throws gas on the fire.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ok, that is pretty loving great. Can people not in Alberta donate to Alberta NDP? Cause I want to be legal.

I'm not sure, but I think if you stick to personal limits as mandated by Elections Alberta it's kosher. The funding laws were pretty lax pre-Notley, and the only restrictions they've put into place, as far as I know, were to restrict them from businesses and unions. I think you'll be okay if you want to slide them :10bux: or something.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10158007830387681&set=a.10150790853667681

Edited to correct a spelling mistake and a contradictory sentence.

Lars Blitzer fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jun 4, 2021

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

He's probably agitating to make Kenney resign like half of the UCP caucus right now

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

quote:

Ontarians who received Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines have the choice to book a second dose of the same vaccine or an mRNA vaccine like Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna starting today.

The province updated its guidance on second doses of that vaccine this week.

Second-dose bookings are available at pharmacies as of today for people who received an AstraZeneca vaccine 12 weeks ago.

People can book AstraZeneca second doses by contacting the pharmacy or primary care provider where they received their first shot.

Those opting for an mRNA vaccine can schedule through a participating pharmacy offering Pfizer or Moderna vaccines.

The province says AstraZeneca recipients can book second shots of a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine through the provincial booking system or local health units starting next week.

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-astrazeneca-recipients-can-book-pfizer-or-moderna-2nd-shots-starting-today-1.5455949

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Ontario is also moving up their second dose schedule. Everyone who got it prior to April 18th can book as of Monday.

https://twitter.com/cp24/status/1400823486923280385?s=21

A Jupiter
Apr 25, 2010

apatheticman posted:

Please see these men 6 feet apart.

I don't care if these people are 6 feet apart from each other. It'll be better if there's 6 feet separating them and everyone in their province.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Having trouble making sense of Dr. Williams' comments made today about an uptick in cases in Ontario potentially delaying Step 1. He's referring to the increase in cases between Tuesday and today, but if you follow these numbers on a daily basis, you know by now that the lowest case counts of the week tend to be reported on Tuesday, followed by an increase in cases until Friday, and then a decline until Tuesday. Furthermore, each day this week has reported a significant decrease in case count when compared to the same day the week before - today's count of 914 new cases is better compared to last Friday's count of 1,270, rather than yesterday's count of 870.

So, is Dr. Williams ignoring the established pattern in order to provide Ford cover not to accelerate the announced reopening schedule, or are the higher-ups in the Ford government still unable to discern basic data patterns after 15 months of this pandemic?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Williams can't determine basic speech patterns let alone modeling patterns. Every time Dr. Brown announces new modeling and trends Williams ignores him and contradicts what he's saying.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

St. Dogbert posted:

So, is Dr. Williams ignoring the established pattern in order to provide Ford cover not to accelerate the announced reopening schedule, or are the higher-ups in the Ford government still unable to discern basic data patterns after 15 months of this pandemic?

If I had to guess, I'd say the latter.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
It's 100% cover, there's no way that someone could fail at something so basic. Every armchair epidemiologist has figured out by now that day to day shifts are meaningless, I refuse to believe that Williams is genuinely that dumb.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I absolutely believe Williams is that dumb AND that he's making a smokescreen for Doug. It's impossible to listen to Williams and not come away thinking he's one of the dumbest motherfuckers to hold the position of Chief Public Health Officer. But Yaffe gave the game away when she was caught on a hot mic bemoaning why she even bothers to do updates when the higher ups tell her and Williams what to say. They're complicit. Yaffe doesn't care, Williams is too stupid to hold ill intent.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Alberta Health Services granted injunction against 2nd rodeo protest of COVID-19 restrictions

Morons

This was funny though

https://twitter.com/CBCMeg/status/1400844027147128836?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Lars Blitzer posted:

Cases are reasonable right now, vaccines are increasing, and a small group of people gathering outside with reasonable distancing has always been reasonably safe. It was allowed last summer, people were doing it safely without vaccines at all, and the cases only started spiking in September when school started and things cooled down.

It's time, we should be allowed to gather outdoors again. Would it be better if they were further apart? Yes. But, overall, it's a pretty safe situation compared to literally any school and the vast majority of workplaces, and compared with restaurant/bar patios, it would also be trivial to contact-trace and isolate if necessary.