Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Harton posted:

what’s a student work program? Like unpaid internships?

can't speak for other programs, but it will be nowhere near as grueling as unpaid internships, and it won't be some babby poo poo for students to be patronized in - they'll be directly assisting with day-to-day comms work in the office of the president, getting mentorship, and course credit, potentially some sort of title that can be added to their portfolio/resume as well

I'd love to pay interns, as at my last job, I insisted that be the case and fought against upper management (and won, after about a year straight), and the first internship I had at a newspaper paid slightly above minimum wage which is insanely good given most small papers dont even pay their reporters/editors well - being paid made an absolute world of a difference not only in terms of having real employment in my career field while still in college, but in terms of building my confidence and showing that, yes, you can enjoy being paid to do this

in higher ed, it can be a bit trickier and part of the conversation this summer will be compensation, if any, and I fortunately have some wiggle room here and there but that will all come down to what fine print there is for these types of internships/programs at this college

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

he is so desperate to get back on tv

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

JoeBangles posted:

Cycling is awesome! Especially if you have knee pain, lol! Like, that's why all the old athletes are cyclists too.

I don't think you need a proper bike. I generally suggest to not pay less than like $400 for your starter real bicycle, but the idea is to ride what you got. It's just like any other masochistic activity: once the pain and discomfort become normal, you'll happily be in your meditation space while enjoying some nice views. Also, bicycles are still just as fun as when we were kids.

Gotta toughen-up your taint first. That's what all the new kids complaint about.

Cheap bikes are fine just get someone who knows what they are doing to go over it and make sure basic poo poo like the brakes and chain are in good shape. Also, it takes seven long rides to harden the taint. Then you are in the sitbones club for life and you get a little badge and can strike a match or open a bottle of beer with your taint as a cool party trick so def worth the effort.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/shanghaidaily/status/1400482884453031938?s=20

:thunk:

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

taintbiker

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

weird. I think there should be a name for this phenomenon

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
as I shove 3 full chicken breasts down the garbage disposal

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Having some tofu banh mi

i will not ban you for having tofu

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Bethamphetamine posted:

lol Baked Alaska
luv 2 call the police twice a day when I'm on pre-trial release.

is this pre-trial release form when he went to the store and refused to wear a mask, and was such an rear end in a top hat the police arrested him immediately because they could hear him shouting about how he was breaking the law while the employees were placing the call?

also i love vic berger's video of the time he had the meltdown in an in-n-out parking lot and the recreation of his path in said parking lot as a map where hes just spinning around

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

Jon Irenicus posted:

weird. I think there should be a name for this phenomenon

I believe the Federal Reserve calls it "Transitory Upward Market Pressure"

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
moderna up again. to the moon!

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Saw 4 chicken breasts for $18 CAD at the local cheap grocery store yesterday. This poo poo is really hastening my descent into vegetarianism.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Baked Alaska is The Most Owned Person To Ever Be Online and he should never be allowed out in public without supervision from a mental health professional

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

PyPy posted:

as I shove 3 full chicken breasts down the garbage disposal

one time i was setting up some chicken thighs to brine and i dropped one and it slipped right into the garbage disposal

no way in hell was i gonna get my hand garbage disposed to grab a chicken thigh, so i turned on the water and the disposal, it made a funny noise for ten seconds or so but it worked!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Bethamphetamine posted:

Very Trumpy response to being a loser.

Lmao the new coalition was cemented because the far right was mad at him for being too hospitable to the palistineans

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/Freeyourmindkid/status/1400475811950608384

This guy is jumping the gun by about an hour as they haven't voted on it yet, but there's a pretty decent chance they'll do it. It's a mix of dumb rear end stuff that's like already a rule (can't like make a white kid stand up and say slavery is his fault) and loving childish nationalism.

Line 1 is America and the State of Georgia aren't racist.

Like 6(j) is slavery\racism\sexism wasn't baked in the the founding of America. Early Americans simply goofed when reading the constitution.

edit: Worried all my rants about this dumb loving country and state around going to result in my kid rebelling as a teen and being a lovely chud

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Vishass posted:

(can't like make a white kid stand up and say slavery is his fault)

No one anywhere ever did this, it's a prime example of the revanchist right making a thing up and getting mad at it.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Bethamphetamine posted:

lol Baked Alaska
luv 2 call the police twice a day when I'm on pre-trial release.

lol baked what are you doing man

The overhead shot of him at an in and out burger parking lot is one of my favorite Vic edits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8FWH747HBs&t=50s

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Elliott

bring it back imo

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

backlash against CRT "Marxism" and racism-related subjects is already hitting my school (and presumably every other one in the nation). we will see what a few very loud chuds can do. apparently the super has been called a commie already lmao

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Business Gorillas posted:

Lmao the new coalition was cemented because the far right was mad at him for being too hospitable to the palistineans

things are going to get really bad :smith:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Jon Irenicus posted:

backlash against CRT "Marxism" and racism-related subjects is already hitting my school (and presumably every other one in the nation). we will see what a few very loud chuds can do. apparently the super has been called a commie already lmao

"Cultural marxism" was literally a nazi propaganda bogeyman lol

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019

VideoKid posted:

things are going to get really bad :smith:

bibis guys are already circulating fake death certificates for at least one of the opposition leaders

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/fake-death-certificate-for-meretz-mk-tamar-zandberg-circulates-online-669798

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019
probably just a coincidence that its the highest profile woman

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
CRT but its CBT

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

"Cultural marxism" was literally a nazi propaganda bogeyman lol

looking forward to explicitly teaching a lesson on this next year and seeing what happens

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

gone for good

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Jon Irenicus posted:

I got a letter in the mail about my local school board election accusing the current board members of being gay nazi communists who are in the pay of George Soros.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Increasingly running

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

conservatism is a mental illness

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
Trrrruuuuuuuuu

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

mp

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Bearjew posted:

conservatism is a mental illness

ya, so is liberalism tbf

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/boozemunkee/status/1400043004333858817

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

bleeding kansas posted:

probably just a coincidence that its the highest profile woman

also she seems like the least genocidal person involved.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

ram dass in hell posted:

ya, so is liberalism tbf

the entirety of politics an display

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i would like to extned my best wishes to all the haters and losers in the turpomnpa thread on this special day