Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

lol at people worrying about soto. jesus, he literally has the best eye in the game. trade whatever you can to get him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Lol No one was worried dude it’s just it’d be cool if my top pick wakes up soon pearl clutching. Typical fantasy sports stuff

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I was complaining about Madbum and then Carlos Martinez pitched lol.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Marlins activated Elieser Hernandez and he's starting against the Pirates today. SP with high strikeout numbers thanks to a nasty slider. Worth a look in deep leagues.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Tonight is where I'm drawing the line with Luis Castillo. We're 1/3 of the way through the season. A good number of fantasy baseball analysts have been saying, "Don't drop him. He'll quite possibly transform into a top-30 (or so) pitcher for the remainder of the season."

Well, that SOB has been bogging my already mediocre team down for this long, but if he doesn't perform well tonight, THAT'S IT!

YOU HEAR THAT, LUIS? This could be the end of the line!

[^^ Hopefully that motivates him to turn his season around]

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I accidentally* traded Castillo and Joey Gallo for Justin Turner and Marco Gonzalez after their first starts. I'm glad he's been bad because I dropped Marco a million years ago.

*I was taking a poo poo and doing some bathroom fantasy somehow missed the exact contours of this trade, I think because Yahoo's UI is so bad. I was too embarrassed to say anything so I let it go. Don't poo poo and trade y'all.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Gonsolin is due up next week against the Pirates if he's still floating about the wire

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Popero posted:

I accidentally* traded Castillo and Joey Gallo for Justin Turner and Marco Gonzalez after their first starts. I'm glad he's been bad because I dropped Marco a million years ago.

*I was taking a poo poo and doing some bathroom fantasy somehow missed the exact contours of this trade, I think because Yahoo's UI is so bad. I was too embarrassed to say anything so I let it go. Don't poo poo and trade y'all.

:actually: you should poo poo and trade at work.

e: Or better yet, pretend you're making GBS threads at work, and trade.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Someone just offered me Voit and Nate Lowe for Soto and I think I want to fight them

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Jo Adell with his 4th 2 home run game of the season (1 month). And only 1 strikeout in his last 3 games. Call him up!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I just noticed that almost every team in my league has a bad ERA this week. Did every pitcher stop using pine tar at once? :laugh:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Actually, it's quite possible yes. MLB just announced 10 game suspensions for using substances (which every drat pitcher does.)

Guess they're tired of having a .230 batting average for the entire league.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SI just did a huge story on it so it brought a lot of eyes onto the problem.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Schweinhund posted:

I just noticed that almost every team in my league has a bad ERA this week. Did every pitcher stop using pine tar at once? :laugh:

its true, my era of 2.63 would be the highest I've had in a single week!

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Has ESPN always allowed trades where one team doesn't get anything back? A trade was accepted in one of my leagues of Nick Castellanos for literally nothing. It's a public league so I'm not really surprised about the bullshit factor, but I can't think of any reason to allow that kinda thing in redraft other than supporting collusion.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Jarred Kelenic is 0 for his lat 24 and hitting .096 overall

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Has ESPN always allowed trades where one team doesn't get anything back? A trade was accepted in one of my leagues of Nick Castellanos for literally nothing. It's a public league so I'm not really surprised about the bullshit factor, but I can't think of any reason to allow that kinda thing in redraft other than supporting collusion.

Lol, one of the owners involved in this trade messaged the league, it was supposed to be Castellanos for Trout, and Trout just didn't move over, maybe because he's on the IL. That's quite the bug there.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Jesse Winker is pretty good at baseball

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

the_american_dream posted:

Jesse Winker is pretty good at baseball

I did not see this coming. Figured he was an average outfielder, including at the plate.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

CocoaNuts posted:

I did not see this coming. Figured he was an average outfielder, including at the plate.

He's been an above-average hitter for a little bit now, but he either lost time due to his glove or couldn't stay healthy. The NL DH last year was a godsend for him.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I have both Taylor and Tyler Rogers on my roster and just now found out that they're identical twins, that must be pretty cool

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Fleetwood posted:

I have both Taylor and Tyler Rogers on my roster and just now found out that they're identical twins, that must be pretty cool

They're also 6' 3" so they're Giant Twins.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
https://twitter.com/ScottMillerBbl/status/1403529219435503617

Well, I had good pitching.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What a poo poo week. Somehow lost every single single category lol

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Bieber has to be the best annoying guy to own in baseball

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Trevor Bauer has joined the chat

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Stopped using and returned to his old self. Who would have thunk it.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

jabro posted:

Stopped using and returned to his old self. Who would have thunk it.

Not the Dodgers lmao

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
But maybe, just maybe, Luis Castillo has finally turned the corner.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

the Yahoo player notes are so bad. This was their note on Mondesi yesterday "It's safe to say that he's closing in on a minor league rehab assignment." He's in the Royals lineup TODAY, not on a rehab assignment. They mess stuff up like this so often.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

What's the deal with Blake Snell?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Schweinhund posted:

the Yahoo player notes are so bad. This was their note on Mondesi yesterday "It's safe to say that he's closing in on a minor league rehab assignment." He's in the Royals lineup TODAY, not on a rehab assignment. They mess stuff up like this so often.

They pull that stuff straight from nbcsportsedge.com (formally rotoworld.com) they don't write any of it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

In their defense they wrote that yesterday morning and a couple hours later issued an update saying he was skipping the rehab assignment and being taken off IL before the game.

But yeah, they pull that stuff from a third party. Ignoring it and getting Twitter updates is the way to go.

Edit: I have an issue with them always being a day off on starters a few days out from their scheduled start. They always have them starting a day before they are supposed to and doesn’t seem to fix itself until they are a day or two away from their start.

jabro fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 17, 2021

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

fawning deference posted:

I'll probably drop him and monitor his next start vs. The Dodgers. But that's in a 10 teamer. In bigger leagues I guess just bench him.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Getting that phat Twitch sub money and doesn’t need baseball anymore.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Sorry for the post about MY TEAM but I’m kind of at a bit of crossroads at what I need to do. I’m bottom 4 I’m standings and not looking like I win this week. I’m one of those teams that the “good teams” are just offering bullshit trades but some are a couple of win now offers that I still have chosen to stand Pat on. All I silly for thinking this team SHOULD turn it on and make a run?

Navaez
Abreu
McMahon
Muncy (IL)
Lindor
Mancini
Soto
Meadows
Gallo
Adam Frazier
Andujar
Mercedes
Villar
Edman
Canha
Springer (IL)

12 team. Likely dropping Mercedes when springer comes back. I don’t really think I can trade for anything better than I have offensively but hell I’m losing so I’m probably wrong

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

How many batting positions are there for your league, like how many hitters can you start each day? First impression is it looks like you have too many hitters. You should only have 2, maybe 3 bench bats. But if you're desperate I'd drop it to 2 or maybe even 1 and add more pitchers.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
10 spots for bats. 4 on the bench for me at the moment.

Not many great arms on the wire right now and of course any arm I try to trade for I immediately get countered for Soto muncy or springer

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Mondesi is hurt again :emo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

fawning deference posted:

He hasn't been good for his past like 50 starts