Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Tie goes to the runner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Ice To Meet You posted:

Tie goes to the runner

You know who plans to run in 2024?

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Edward Mass posted:

You know who plans to run in 2024?

Cody Rhodes! Bullet Club wins

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I'll pick 1895 John McGraw.

The goog is up.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
The London Calling select 1988 Jeff Reardon.

KungFuGrip and the Buntsville Bastards are up!

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League XXX, Repechage: OVERTIME

: Okay, good, let's break this tie.
: So, how does this work again?
: Right. So we have three teams vying for two spots in Super-League XXXI. Therefore, by Super-League Rule, we use a round robin tiebreaker. Each team plays the other two teams once, for a total of three games. Now, the team that loses two games is eliminated, and the other two teams move on.
: What if each team only loses one game?
: It's fine! Don't worry about it!

: See, the Goats lose a game, and so they're only one loss away from elimination.

: Now the Club lose a game, but since they won the first game, they're safe. And the Diamond Joes are safe, because they won this game.

: And now the Goats win a game, so they're safe.
: Wait, but doesn't that mean all the teams are safe?
: No, because you see, the thing is...drat IT!
: Do we have to do it again?
: Yes, we have to do it again! It'll work better tomorrow!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
: Now, now, don't let ol' Smasher get you down Ms. Yoshida.

: This right here is a grand bargain compromise, so we all gotta keep winning games and getting what we want. Even if it takes months to hash out. Reminds me of the time I had to get Ben Nelson on board with Obamacare. We passed the dutchie from June until December before we got that all settled! Boy oh boy was that cornhusker high as a kite.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Is this going to be a repeat of the triple tiebreaker from Super League 15

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
God willing.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
1986 alan trammell is a bastard

idk who is next

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Of course, it couldn't have happened any other way.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
1987 Tom Henke I guess.

Demon Hunters up next.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Alright, whatever, let's just go with the heart.

1970 Gaylord Perry for the Demon Hunters.

Honkbal is up.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

1970 Hank Aaron I guess.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League XXX, Repechage: DOUBLE OVERTIME

: Okay, we're doing this again. To briefly recapitulate the rules, the first team to lose both of the games they play in during a single round robin round is eliminated and the other two teams advance to Super-League XXXI.
: And if all three teams go 1-1, we run another round.
: That is not going to happen. Things will different this time!

: Okay, the Goats win a game, they can't be eliminated.

: And Baseball Club wins a game, so they can't be eliminated either. So all that needs to happen is for the Goats to beat the Diamond Joes, and we are done here. Now, forzelt, I don't like you, and I don't care what you feel about me.
: Really?
: Well, no, at this point in my life, my self-esteem is so shot that I'm desperate for everyone to like me, but deep down know they hate me as much as I hate myself, which is an infinite amount.
: That doesn't seem healthy.
: It's fine! Anyway, forzelt, I need you to win this game. I need you to send habeasdorkus down to Pungratory, where he can suffer. I need to see him suffer, with all of his happiness and not being constantly consumed by anxiety and depression all the time to the point where it all seem so pointless. CRUSH THE DIAMOND JOES, FORZELT! SEND THEM TO TOTAL OBLIVION!

: WHY?! WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING TO ME?!
: It's okay, Smasher, maybe the Diamond Joes will die tomorrow!
: EVERYTHING IS PAIN!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

IT'S HAPPENING ! ! !

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

The last time one of these happened it resulted in me winning my division and then sweeping a vastly superior Finger Bangers team out of the playoffs, with saves by Joba Chamberlain in I think all 3 games.

Basically what I'm saying is the Super League is very different now than it was years ago.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I tried picking this game up after I tore my meniscus and my team is hot goat cheese, general strat advice?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

t a s t e posted:

I tried picking this game up after I tore my meniscus and my team is hot goat cheese, general strat advice?

Of all the threads, this is the one, huh.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

t a s t e posted:

Smasher Dynamo posted:

: EVERYTHING IS PAIN!

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
The revived? Boatmen take 1992 Jack McDowell to pick up some W's Magic and help out the rotation.

FairGame is up for the double pick before it returns to me.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

t a s t e posted:

If you are really serious about Baseball Mogul, then the advice is to pick a strategy and make sure all of your players are historically great in that area. For example, offensively, you could go with a contact-heavy, speedy team. Find players like young Tony Gwynn that have high batting averages throughout their career, along with high OBP (on-base percentage) and even high stolen base totals. Make sure all your fielding positions are filled by similar archetype players, maybe throw in a high power hitting player for maximum RBI potential, and then design your stadium with large dimensions, short grass and excellent visibility so you get the most out of your players' talents.

Defensively, if you go with the contact hitting strat, you want pitchers that minimize contact or give up more fly balls vs. ground balls, so you don't fall victim to your own strategy.

I'm sure others can give better advice, as I'm pretty mediocre at all this.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Super-League XXX, Repechage: TRIPLE OVERTIME

: Wait, Smasher! Before we get started, we have a reader question?
: What? How is that...fine. Let's hear it.

t a s t e posted:

: First of all, I think hot goat cheese is an ingredient that is actually used on food, for example, the French dish of Chevre Chaud, which is similar to a Welsh Rarebit, albeit the bread and cheese are broiled rather than toasted. So, I'm not sure if you're saying that your team is bad, or if it is haute cuisine. But, beyond that, I think what one issue may be is that you, like a lot of players, are skipping side quests and recruitment missions, which means that not only are you missing out on quality players, but that your other players aren't getting the levels you need. If you're just starting out, I recommend you take the "Secrets of Evermark" quest, because at the end, the Masked Shortstop joins your team, which is obviously a big help. You can also do the "end_humanity.exe" questline, which gets you the MACHINE, though, obviously, how you equip the MACHINE is a large factor in how well that works. There are a lot of MACHINE builds on the internet you can probably find that will work. Again, I don't know what expansions you bought, and so what other quests are available, but that's probably a good start. Anyway, on to the tiebreaker.

: Great. Who cares?

: Wait! YES! The Club wins, which means they advance to Super-League XXXI, and it also means that the final Goats/Diamond Joes game is an elimination game, since one of the two teams will have to lose, and therefore go 0-2. We're finally done! Okay, forzelt, the time is now, all you need to do is not screw this up!

: If I were the Goats' closer-
: Well, you aren't! TIEBREAKER OVER! GOD drat IT! DannoMack, Yaya, Llama, I expect habeasdorkus' second tenure in the Sic Transit Vir Division to be brief and violent. Do not fail me.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-VCkeATwZU&t=9s

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1wXEEQBHeQ&t=14s

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Spiders take Joe Torre and Al Kaline, and CVE and the Boatmen are back up

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Boatmen take 2019 Mike Trout. Maybe he will be worth something if Mogul stops hating on him.

cbx is up on the double.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Center Line Sneki Sneks

First, a quick geography lesson. Center Line is a small, 1.75 square mile city in the middle of Michigan's 3rd largest city, Warren. The population as of the 2010 Census was slightly over 8,000 people, and as of the 2020 Census will have gained around 350 people. It was named Center Line as it was in the middle of trading post trails between Fort Detroit and Utica during the early settlers era. The city's southern border is approximately a mile and a half from the northern border of Detroit (Eight Mile Road) and its northern border is the I-696 expressway. Go Sneks!

1956 Sandy Koufax and 1986 Willie Hernandez are the newest Sneks. mks5000 is up.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Petition for Smasher to generate new created player Warren Michigan

He'll play third base pool at the bar, nursing a molson ice and grudge against his second ex-wife.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Pander posted:

Petition for Smasher to generate new created player Warren Michigan

He'll play third base pool at the bar, nursing a molson ice and grudge against his second ex-wife.

Change the Molson to a Labatt Blue and/or Bud Lite, and you're spot on.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I am taking 1926 Jimmie Foxx and I will put him into a rocket and fire him into the sun.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Paul Zuvella posted:

I am taking 1926 Jimmie Foxx and I will put him into a rocket and fire him into the sun.

You are a good man.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Anyone else have a John McGraw? I'm detonating the 1895 version fwiw. Despite it being like his 5th season he still rolls insane potential and easily age bugs prime versions.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Pander posted:

Anyone else have a John McGraw? I'm detonating the 1895 version fwiw. Despite it being like his 5th season he still rolls insane potential and easily age bugs prime versions.

The 1900 version, previously owned by HulkaMatt, has been taken out of the Super League pool as it was traded to me. Hopefully it will be back one day!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Guess I'll take 1970 Willie Mays.

mrnoun is up.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Taking '04 Nomar.

KungFu Grip up.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
what the gently caress

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

Monicro posted:

what the gently caress

I mean, yeah, I also had half an eye on the Nomah, now my dream of owning a careworn ex-Red Sox shortstop have been dashed :(

Curse you, Mr Noun

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

The Goog posted:

The 1900 version, previously owned by HulkaMatt, has been taken out of the Super League pool as it was traded to me. Hopefully it will be back one day!

I have a 1900 John mcGraw, so uh your info might be out of date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!
I have a '97 Nomar that I'd let go for super cheap if people actually want a Nomar for whatever reason.