Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

coconono posted:

I don't think they ever did Miss Elizabeth up real fucky. She was always shown as a nice lady instead of a lewdy tune like Luna or Sherry.

I always saw Miss Elizabeth, and her WWE portrayal, as the "Madonna" side of the misogynist Madonna/Whore sexist dichotomy.

Also a problematic issue with the way she was presented in WWE was that she never actually did anything. Ever. Her job was to be at ringside, look pretty and occasionally be look concerned when Macho was losing. Either that or be the sweet innocent powerless damsel in distress that could be rescued/fought for by Macho.

I sometimes wonder, what would it look like if WWE tried to portray that kind of character these days, (the pretty, innocent woman as valet to a big star.) Because every female Valet they have had recently has been an evil conniving bitch, (Lana, and Zelina for example), and the last "innocent" women they tried to push was when they ruined face Bayley on the main roster, and ages before that when they had stupid dancing Emma and the romance with Santino Morella.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Nick Jr. Face posted:

#FEMALEVETSMATTER

i think fema already knows that levees matter

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

BrigadierSensible posted:

I always saw Miss Elizabeth, and her WWE portrayal, as the "Madonna" side of the misogynist Madonna/Whore sexist dichotomy.

Also a problematic issue with the way she was presented in WWE was that she never actually did anything. Ever. Her job was to be at ringside, look pretty and occasionally be look concerned when Macho was losing. Either that or be the sweet innocent powerless damsel in distress that could be rescued/fought for by Macho.

I sometimes wonder, what would it look like if WWE tried to portray that kind of character these days, (the pretty, innocent woman as valet to a big star.) Because every female Valet they have had recently has been an evil conniving bitch, (Lana, and Zelina for example), and the last "innocent" women they tried to push was when they ruined face Bayley on the main roster, and ages before that when they had stupid dancing Emma and the romance with Santino Morella.

the guy ok'ing the characters and angles doesn't believe "just nice" is a positive trait.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Penguin Patrol posted:

i think fema already knows that levees matter
This made me laugh way harder than it should

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

coconono posted:

Her point is even dumber when you find out all the 10+ year vets they have in the women's division.

Are you implying Shida did not spring fully formed in AEW, torn from the thigh of Zeus? Well I never.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dawgstar posted:

Are you implying Shida did not spring fully formed in AEW, torn from the thigh of Zeus? Well I never.

Shida actually is a weird case as she fell into wrestling entirely by accident, she was a model and actress who got cast in a movie about pro wrestling so went to train for her role and now here we are.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://twitter.com/ReneePaquette/status/1400114226966843401?s=19

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

she's not a fan of the new song

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Ooof

https://twitter.com/deviousjourney/status/1400403232770433024?s=21

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lid posted:

Shida actually is a weird case as she fell into wrestling entirely by accident, she was a model and actress who got cast in a movie about pro wrestling so went to train for her role and now here we are.

Oh, sure. I was just thinking about her main eventing Bull's retirement show and that was like ten years ago.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/LuchaGifs/status/1400469572734521353

holy gently caress

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Well ok, that's a nifty bit of acrobatics but it's not... wait, what :stare:

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

This might just be my favorite move ever, holy poo poo that’s so cool

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This is like he saw the whirling candy and went "that's not so good, I can make that cooler."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

drat, is that Braun in the mask?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
is that a teeneager

seriously, that move is fuckin dope.

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

I wonder if time off for the baby (obviously more important) will stall Omega vs Hangman plans.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SexMetalBarbie posted:

I wonder if time off for the baby (obviously more important) will stall Omega vs Hangman plans.

They're gonna tie it into the storyline. Omega is going to abduct the newborn to try and indoctrinate it into the elite. The plan will not work because it is a baby.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I hope Mizuki sees this and they into into an arms race of overly complicated Whirling Candy variations until Rey Fenix just does something that shouldn't even be possible

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SexMetalBarbie posted:

Mox and Cody continue to show up on every single Dynamite but sure let's baselessly speculate that someone else will be away for months

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

They're gonna tie it into the storyline. Omega is going to abduct the newborn to try and indoctrinate it into the elite. The plan will not work because it is a baby.

“The name on the contact says Page…”

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

SexMetalBarbie posted:

If they're only that far along then he won't need paternity time off until likely 2022 so he can easily take the belt off Kenny in September and have a decent reign until the next Revolution.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Rarity posted:

Mox and Cody continue to show up on every single Dynamite but sure let's baselessly speculate that someone else will be away for months
When someone begins a sentence with "I wonder if", I don't see it as baseless speculation

If he said something like "Hangman having a baby might stall plans for his feud with Omega" then yeah that's baseless speculation

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Rarity posted:

I believe it's standard to take paternity leave after the birth of the child.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

*Men of the Year theme starts*

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Body horror warning.

https://twitter.com/thebrandirhodes/status/1400172455080116231?s=21

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Mr. Squishy posted:

I believe it's standard to take paternity leave after the birth of the child.

Paternity leave isn't really a thing in America.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

kinetic77 posted:

Body horror warning.

Somehow this ended up being far, far worse than what I was expecting :stare:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TTBF posted:

Tony's AEW is kinda like a little Canada in Florida.

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/behemilf/status/1400443263136387077?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah I'm sure they'll all take a bit of time off when the babies are born but people were expecting Mox to leave the second he announced Renee was pregnant like they have no idea it takes women 9 months to make new people

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Rarity posted:

Yeah I'm sure they'll all take a bit of time off when the babies are born but people were expecting Mox to leave the second he announced Renee was pregnant like they have no idea it takes women 9 months to make new people

have you ever built a crib? Those motherfuckers are an entire weekend.

e: also I think a lot of dads are projecting because we didn't get enough paternity leave. Esp if the baby is a complicated one.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

coconono posted:

have you ever built a crib? Those motherfuckers are an entire weekend.

e: also I think a lot of dads are projecting because we didn't get enough paternity leave. Esp if the baby is a complicated one.

Also depending on the family support situation it may not be necessary or desirable for the dad to be sitting around the house for months on end. A few weeks off TV, then fly them in for Wednesday, send them home after the show.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

TTBF posted:

On the whole no, but some companies here still give a poo poo about their employees.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My wife and I work for the state and had to use my sick leave for paternity leave along with FMLA. But then the state, while my wife and I were out, tried to make us split the leave. They tried to make her come back after like 3 weeks instead of the 3 months she was down for. We had to threaten legal action to get the HR to back off.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

At this rate Cody will only be the second biggest baby in the family by Christmas

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

ok this would rule, lol

E:

sportsgenius86 posted:

At this rate Cody will only be the second biggest baby in the family by Christmas

lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

lol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

sportsgenius86 posted:

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/madking1981/status/1400518388598939661?s=21