Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Guillermus posted:

Being honest? PnP

Who I want? Penta+PAC

I have decided Death Triangle are the first Trios champs, and so do not expect any part of DT to win any gold before that.
As for PnP, I really want them out of Jericho's orbit but that's probably not a necessity for them to be the champs.
Anyway, I think it will be Chaos Project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jungle Boy beats the Young Bucks, PnP beats Miro, Lance Archer beats Britt Baker, Thunder Rosa beats Kenny Omega.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

As far as I've heard she just owns her practice and doesn't need to work there to pay her bills so it's mostly passive money for her

She’s 30 and in a position where dentistry is her passive income.

I am 34 and post on an internet wrestling forum.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

Jungle Boy beats the Young Bucks, Miro, Britt Baker, Kenny Omega.

:hmmyes:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Best Friends winning the tag titles would finally make that vein in Cornette's forehead pop.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

You left out that he also beats PnP, Lance Archer and Thunder Rosa, shithead!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Scarf posted:

Best Friends winning the tag titles would finally make that vein in Cornette's forehead pop.

Plus Chuck can yell "poo poo!"

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Put the belts on Joey and Sonny and have them do a curtain call with the Bucks just to mess Cornette up completely.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

RealFoxy posted:

As far as I've heard she just owns her practice and doesn't need to work there to pay her bills so it's mostly passive money for her

Didn’t she just graduate like right before AEW started? It certainly sounded to me like she was working for an existing established practice, not that she owned her own.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jordan7hm posted:

Didn’t she just graduate like right before AEW started? It certainly sounded to me like she was working for an existing established practice, not that she owned her own.

Yeah her Wikipedia page says she works at a Florida private practice with no mention of owning one

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There's so many good tag-teams in AEW that they should just do an entire G1 style tournament that lasts all of Winter 2022 leading to a Double or Nothing title match. They should also allow the Freebird rule which leads to a Trios title, also at Double or Nothing 2022.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Holy poo poo, I watched Double or Nothing and what a god drat show.

There were so many amazing moments and good matches (Jungle Boy! Wild Thing! AND NEW!) but poo poo, I'm gonna be honest with you guys: I popped the hardest for Sting cleaning house. I used to love him back in the day and it was so god drat awesome seeing him do stuff one last time. And the match was 100% insane from beginning to end to boot.

Jesus christ that was a good PPV.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jordan7hm posted:

She has her own practice and practices there. She is very passionate about it. (At least in an interview it sounded like she had her own practice now, but she's definitely active, it's not just something she does for passive income.)

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 3, 2021

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I do hope we see more substantial tournaments once Rampage starts up.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

There's so many good tag-teams in AEW that they should just do an entire G1 style tournament that lasts all of Winter 2022 leading to a Double or Nothing title match. They should also allow the Freebird rule which leads to a Trios title, also at Double or Nothing 2022.

Given what a total nerd for wrestling Tony is, I just assumed the Freebird rule was a standing one waiting to be used.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I've been wondering if they shouldn't retool the trios idea into a more specific faction-based title with the matches dependent on the number of people in the faction. It's probably an idea that sounds better in theory than in practice though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

I really hope they don't use the Freebird rule it is basically never any good.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

here's brittany baker dmd's dental practice. she has very good reviews

https://woodlandlakesdental.com/

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pylons posted:

I've been wondering if they shouldn't retool the trios idea into a more specific faction-based title with the matches dependent on the number of people in the faction. It's probably an idea that sounds better in theory than in practice though.

Dark Order keep winning cause they bring in a bunch of jobbers to be 11 through 40

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jordan7hm posted:

I might have gotten Kayfabed on that part then, but she is a legitimate DMD so if she were inclined could just open her own place. Based off the amount of wrestlers who get teeth knocked out she could do it pro bono for them and still make money because wrestling fans would want to go to Britt Baker's dentistry office.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rarity posted:

Dark Order keep winning cause they bring in a bunch of jobbers to be 11 through 40

It would probably need to be limited to a point but it'd be a cool thing for Butcher and Blade to do, offer their services to a trios team wanting to go after the title that's held by a 5-person faction.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I want to see Kris Statlander and Orange Cassidy defending the AEW Tag Team Titles and there's nothing you can say to change my mind.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

When SCU won the Tag Titles, Tony flat out said there'd be no Freebirding of the titles. I got the impression that he didn't care for it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

MassRafTer posted:

i don't hate the freebird rule but i think most interesting things you could do with it is supplanted by trios

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
What does freebird mean in this context

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Mr. Squishy posted:

Fabulous Freebirds were a three man stable who held the tag titles and rotated who actually defended them rather than the specific pair that initially won them.

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

Shinjobi posted:

I am now mad at aew about

Uh

Hey I hate the bucks stop letting them win

this except my 61 year old step dad is not sarcastic about it.

and i quote from watching DON; "AWWWW I KNEW IT WHAT WHAT ALL THESE PEOPLE NOW ACTING LIKE THEY CAN'T BEAT THE YOUNG BUCKS"

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

neoaxd posted:

best friends

Absolutely the first or second trios champs on Rampage imo.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Davros1 posted:

When SCU won the Tag Titles, Tony flat out said there'd be no Freebirding of the titles. I got the impression that he didn't care for it.

He's correct not to

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

CobiWann posted:

Yeah, he's only got $5.11 in his pockets.

no that's what he claims to have he's actually only got 5.06

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'd only like the freebird rule with Dark Order

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Mr. Squishy posted:

if you have tag belts and a stable of wrestlers with three or more people, the tag belts could be defended by any pair of people in that stable (so, say, if penta+pac won the belts off of the bucks then a returning fenix could defend w/ penta if they wanted to). named after an old trio in the wwf who'd do it, i think (efb on this)

i think it works okay if you have the very occasional three person stable in a two person division, but there's so many large stables in aew that it'd be fairly silly imo. i could see (in the far future, if they're still together) someone in the HFO getting the belts and hardy insisting that they should hand the belts over to another group in his stable as a carny maneuver, but i agree that it probably won't happen in aew

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Davros1 posted:

The original team was Daniels and Kaz and it got switched up mid tournament to be Scorpio Sky and Kaz tho. With so many Trios and factions in AEW I don't think Tony is against the idea of "freebirding" if someone gets injured, just not an active gimmick.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Freebird rule is like most other things, it works if you don't use it in stupid ways. I feel like the biggest mistake is using it so one of the team members never gets pinned and then you're telegraphing who wins the match based on who's in it.

Edit: Actually thinking about AEW and Tony if he doesn't use the freebird rules ever it's probably to avoid "Why did XYZ faction get to freebird the titles but ABC faction didn't?". He's the kind of nerd who would be kept up at night having to deal with that.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

flatluigi posted:

[...]someone in the HFO getting the belts and hardy insisting that they should hand the belts over to another group in his stable as a carny maneuver, but i agree that it probably won't happen in aew

Or Hardy himself stepping in to replace someone and then costing them the belts.

Did New Day ever actually freebird the titles?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

She has her own practice and practices there. She is very passionate about it. (At least in an interview it sounded like she had her own practice now, but she's definitely active, it's not just something she does for passive income.)

Didn't she say, possibly in that same interview, that she provides dental services to a number of people in the PC?

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

flashy_mcflash posted:

Didn't she say, possibly in that same interview, that she provides dental services to a number of people in the PC?

I know she's anecdotally reached out to Foley on Twitter.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

It’s probably very lucrative to be a dentist with a lot of highly paid friends who constantly are receiving mouth trauma

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Evil Badman posted:

Or Hardy himself stepping in to replace someone and then costing them the belts.

Did New Day ever actually freebird the titles?

New Day I don't think ever did, no.

I know the Wyatt Family did at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Tarnop posted:

Are we back to Wednesday Dynamite next week? I'm looking forward to a Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday banquet of AEW

Basketball playoffs so not till this month is over