Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
You really, really can't do better than Scott Summers though if you're into mutants. The worst thing he did was abandon his wife to run off with his ex-dead girlfriend who looked just like said wife. I'm sure that will never happen again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

They should have invited Neal Conan and Manoli Wetherell for old times' sakes.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Which Sinister is that at the end of Hellions?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

howe_sam posted:

Nick Foles??

His mutant power is his (supposedly) giant dick. So he's a perfect fit for Krakoa...

Pete Alonso, though? At least Foles has a Super Bowl ring...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

danbanana posted:

His mutant power is his (supposedly) giant dick. So he's a perfect fit for Krakoa...

Pete Alonso, though? At least Foles has a Super Bowl ring...

Alonso's done everything Aaron Judge has.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

howe_sam posted:

and with a cleaner injury history

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The problem with this is that the artists are loving terrible at drawing these actual people, I recognized Conan O'Brien and Megan Rapinoe well enough but Alex Morgan was pure inference because she was next to Rapinoe. Patton Oswalt and Meredith Salinger I only knew because he tweeted the panel. It's clear when they're trying to draw someone famous but mostly it's just that they're drawn differently than anyone else. The art in all three issues this week was really good but the celebrities did not land.

Everything else was perfect, this has got to be an all-time week for X-books.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gologle posted:

You really, really can't do better than Scott Summers though if you're into mutants. The worst thing he did was abandon his wife to run off with his ex-dead girlfriend who looked just like said wife. I'm sure that will never happen again.

Excuse me that was retconned to not be his fault something something.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

howe_sam posted:

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/pete-alonso/19251/stats?position=1B

0.0217 fWAR/game

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/aaron-judge/15640/stats?position=OF

0.0432 fWAR/game

We're not even talking close to the same caliber of player, injuries or not. Maybe that changes as Alonso progresses but...

Also, if Marvel HAS to pick a Met... DeGrom- literally the best pitcher on the planet for the last few years- is right there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alonso is easier to draw.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/MarvelUnlimited/status/1400522322625372161

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Judging by the scars it is the one that was cut to pieces on Arakko

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

I'm pretty sure it's the one who got attacked by that weird guy in Arakko. When the team got back to Krakoa in that issue Sinister was inexplicably already there waiting for them so I think the end of this issue reveals that the Sinister who led the team to Arakko was actually left behind and they've been working with a clone for the last several issue.

The last time we saw him in Arakko he was getting torn apart in a way that matches the scarring on the Sinister at the end of this issue:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

The plural is Misters Sinister, right?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

danbanana posted:

0.0217 fWAR/game

0.0432 fWAR/game

We're not even talking close to the same caliber of player, injuries or not. Maybe that changes as Alonso progresses but...

Also, if Marvel HAS to pick a Met... DeGrom- literally the best pitcher on the planet for the last few years- is right there.

Yeah, but unless you're talking about Pujols in his prime, a 1B is never going to come close to matching a competent outfielder in fWar because of the position adjustments. My main point was they both won RoY and socked a record number of dingers in the process.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/status/1400604055924207619?s=20

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The fact that they're calling it Planet Sized, and we know from Hox/Pox that mutants do survive in the far future in Shiar space, and Krakoa has a space program, kinda gives it away already, but I'm still excited at seeing how everyone reacts.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

danbanana posted:

0.0217 fWAR/game

0.0432 fWAR/game

Inferno should have Mike Trout teaming up with Mystique in retaliation for getting snubbed.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

hcreight posted:

Inferno should have Mike Trout teaming up with Mystique in retaliation for getting snubbed.

Mike Trout doesn't like the limelight! He just likes the loving weather!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

danbanana posted:

Mike Trout doesn't like the limelight! He just likes the loving weather!

Can't have an Inferno without dry prevailing winds

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
I need some help. What issue was it that time displaced Hank shared his disgust with older Hank. He said something about losing his way

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I need some help. What issue was it that time displaced Hank shared his disgust with older Hank. He said something about losing his way

New Avengers something give me a minute. 16-17 I think?

EDIT: New Avengers #23 from Hickman’s run.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jun 4, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Here's the panels too

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

New Avengers something give me a minute. 16-17 I think?

EDIT: New Avengers #23 from Hickman’s run.

Thank you!

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1400882901764485136

yes plz

quote:

Promises were made and broken. The rulers of Krakoa have been playing a dangerous game with a dangerous woman, and they are about to see how badly that can burn them. Having been denied her wishes yet again, Mystique is ready to follow through on her promise to burn the nation of Krakoa to the ground. Mutantkind’s bright future is threatened like never before as Hickman brings his game-changing plans to a head. Fans can expect more revelations from the lives of Moira MacTaggert, Nimrod’s revenge, vicious power plays, and more in this pivotal chapter in X-Men history. Throughout this four-issue limited series, Hickman will be joined by an incredible lineup of artists beginning with acclaimed illustrator Valerio Schiti. Known for masterfully depicting large-scale action alongside intense human drama, the S.W.O.R.D. and EMPYRE artist is perfect for bringing this heartbreaking saga to life.

"I’m very excited that we’re finally getting to share with everyone the follow-up to HOUSE OF X/POWERS OF X,” Hickman said. “The story is 160 pages over four issues drawn exquisitely by Valerio Schiti, R.B. Silva and Stefano Caselli. I cannot wait for people to read it.”

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Based on that image, I guess the trial of Magneto ends in an acquittal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Emma is clearly coughing. Mutant covid, everyone watch out.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I can't believe Wolverine is loving dead.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

The good one is fine though.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Doug looks fuckin' SAD. Poor Doug.

Also, Mark Brooks kinda sucks right? I just don't like his poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

danbanana posted:

Doug looks fuckin' SAD. Poor Doug.

Also, Mark Brooks kinda sucks right? I just don't like his poo poo.

He's just doing promo art

quote:

“The story is 160 pages over four issues drawn exquisitely by Valerio Schiti, R.B. Silva and Stefano Caselli.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I hope it doesn't all come down. Make Krakoa last a while.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Skwirl posted:

He's just doing promo art

I know. I just hate it. It's messy and everything runs together and just not visually pleasing. It certainly doesn't sell me on the book.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The composition of the page is fine, but the inking and especially coloring aren't really doing it any favors. I'm not sure if Brooks is doing those himself.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Beerdeer posted:

I hope it doesn't all come down. Make Krakoa last a while.

We've got years left on this, even with Mystique rightly burning it all down. The Krakoa era isn't going anywhere soon.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Gologle posted:

The fact that they're calling it Planet Sized, and we know from Hox/Pox that mutants do survive in the far future in Shiar space, and Krakoa has a space program, kinda gives it away already, but I'm still excited at seeing how everyone reacts.

I feel like it will be something more than just leaving Earth, given the human's shock and the amount of Cosmic McGuffins SWORD is stockpiling.

My theory: Planet Krakoa

Assuming, of course, it doesn't all burn down in Mystique's justified rage.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

What would have a certain literary art to it is, Mystique murders half of Krakoa, forces them to bring back Destiny, Destiny makes the big reveal...

Everyone's like "So you killed a bunch of people to skip the line, and we should listen to your wife now?"

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
The fact that we're dipping back into Moira's lives? Yeah. Sticking with my speculation. Moira and Destiny (and possibly Mystique) definitely planned all of this in a previous life.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Endless Mike posted:

The composition of the page is fine, but the inking and especially coloring aren't really doing it any favors. I'm not sure if Brooks is doing those himself.

Yeah the coloring is the major issue... and I think that's Brooks? I was under the impression he did his own with covers/promo pieces. But I could be wrong.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

The overly rendered look just doesnt jam with the overall Immonen-like X-line style set by Larraz and Silva

... remember when X-books couldnt escape Greg Land for YEARS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Sebastian Shaw standing upright is not a great sign.