Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

The gently caress. That's a piz at best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

hahahahaha moisten the front that got a long audible laugh from me

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I dunno if that's actually Gak that they put on the pizzas, but it made me say "gak"

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

TontoCorazon posted:

I got too much Mestres de Pizza, could I get just one tag?

looks like your change went through. enjoy!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Aardvark! posted:

looks like your change went through. enjoy!

May the Mestre de Pizza bless you with a wonderful pizza with 4 olives

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

FFT posted:

I dunno if that's actually Gak that they put on the pizzas, but it made me say "gak"

Gak looked like fun. I had Floam, which wasn't as fun to play with and dried out :smith:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
gak protip: do not leave gak overnight on a nice wooden table as it will completely remove the finish

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

AT LAST!

:lmao:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

pizza that induces body horror

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Hatebag posted:

pizza that induces body horror

reminds me of that "is it lasagna or endocarditis?" picture.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

At last!

Hatebag fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 3, 2021

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Hatebag posted:

At last!

Notable now only for its lack of Gak.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Hatebag posted:

At last!

bananas and... pickled fish? fee fi fo fum, i smell the blood of a Swedishman.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Stargazy... Pizza??? :wth:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Thought about a potentially novel pizza since I've got the ingredients

Joke's on me, of course it exists:

Miso Pizza lmao

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I really liked chocolate chip pizza as a kid. I don't want to think about what it would taste like now

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

more pizza:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

The Lovecraft

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

#blessed

Another horrific Hong Kong pizza delight, but at least I think the sauce is brown sugar simple syrup. It tastes like cinnamon toast crunch when you combine it with tapioca and milk.

Cheese, though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LyD_Aa2DPA

This is an okonomiyaki with bonito flakes, which is... kind of a pizza. It's pizza-esque. It also makes me queasy every time I see one, but it tastes very good.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

This is like one of those crab migration videos - but on a pizza! :gonk:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yum, pizza tartare!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Why is pizza so hard?

Also why does so much pizza have cum on it?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
cum is for dippin', you don't just slop it on there like some barbarian.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I could see this being really good if you used a marinara sauce and either throw the squid on at the last minute or cook it long enough beforehand so that it's soft. If the squid is chewy the deal's off!

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Hatebag posted:

I could see this being really good if you used a marinara sauce and either throw the squid on at the last minute or cook it long enough beforehand so that it's soft. If the squid is chewy the deal's off!

I've had squid pizza with an aioli (assuming that's what it is in the pic?) and it works. You're right that the squid texture is key. I would definitely try the one in that pic.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

cum is for dippin', you don't just slop it on there like some barbarian.

Look at this elitist gently caress who uses cum for dipping, some of us weren't born with your kind of opportunities.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

TontoCorazon posted:

Look at this elitist gently caress who uses cum for dipping, some of us weren't born with your kind of opportunities.

lmao, that marquee

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TontoCorazon posted:

lmao your gangtags just keep getting better

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

lmao your gangtags just keep getting better

I've given in to Mestre, I am his estudante

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Telluric Whistler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LyD_Aa2DPA

This is an okonomiyaki with bonito flakes, which is... kind of a pizza. It's pizza-esque. It also makes me queasy every time I see one, but it tastes very good.

what the gently caress

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

The bonito flakes are so loving, but so loving thin and light that the mere steam of hot food can make them wave.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Where's the ape wielding a bone?

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Today I accomplished something in the name of art, in the name of science, and in the name of making the AVPN unhappy. I attempted to answer the question(s) 'what makes a bad pizza bad, and why are the swedes so good at it?'

We start with the first question: Is it ambivalence? Does a bad pizza need to be made without love? To answer this, I decided that preparation should follow closely best practice, so that we may rule out 'passion' or 'authenticity of form' from the equation.

As all pizzas should do, we begin with the dough.

While we could skimp and go for poor alternatives like locally sourced attempts at the real deal, these merely approach, rather than obtain, excellence. Caputo 00 'pizzeria' is the go to for the vera pizza napoletana, and so it must be used here.

Our preparation starts with a 24hr cold-fermented poolish:

Nothing more than flour, yeast and water must be used. The gentle action of the yeast in the fridge develops gluten and flavour complexity. After incorporating the remaining flour and water, kneading well, and turning out, we have our dough:

and after a further 48hrs of cold fermentation, we have the essence of the true neapolitan pizza, brimming with flavour, but more than this, brimming with potential:

Meanwhile, we must turn our attention to the oven. While the Mestre da pizza favours burning trash by which to impart his signature flavour, I am based in the UK, where doing so is frowned upon in residential settings. We must instead rely on burning detritus off-shore, generating electricity from this and attaining neapolitan temperatures of 470C+ by way of an overloaded 240 volt ring main:

Once our oven is up to temperature, we develop the signature of the true neapolitan art, the 'cornicione' by moving the bubbles of air formed by the yeast to the outside edges. This will contain our ingredients within the pie, and provide both a means by which the pizza may be held, and a refreshing palate cleanser between slices, the better to appreciate the ingredients we have selected:

And speaking of ingredients, only the highest quality can be used:

Organic sliced banana, select unsalted jumbo peanuts from a reputable supplier, and curry sauce. Here we have the trifecta of the vegetarian Swedish 'exotic' or 'african' pizza. There has been much written on the subject, and controversies abound, particularly regarding the inclusion of pineapple. I have chosen to forgo this, as the curry sauce is sufficiently sweet. After careful consideration I have selected a high-end supermarket brand british Korma to replicate both the missing sweetness, and the 'extra bland' flavour requirement that a truly authentic Swedish pizza experience must adhere to.
Our last ingredient, fiordilatte or cow's milk mozzarella, is cut and drained. To better replicate the Swedish experience, pre-grated low moisture mozarella should be used, but in my opinion this is akin to decorating the roof of St. Peter's basilica with crayons.

After stretching, the pizza is topped, with careful attention to the aesthetic, which is 'lurid yellow'. And so we begin the final process:

At these temperatures, 70 seconds is sufficient to develop a robust cornicione with excellent char. We are presented with our accomplishment: A Bad pizza, made with passion:

At this point, silence descends, the better to take in the majesty of what has been wrought. All that remains is to taste this creation. In the distance, singing can be heard, the introductory notes of Helan Går.

Tasting notes:
This pizza sucks. It's really loving bad. gently caress you sweden.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

gently caress me that dough looks fantastic in every single shot.

Even after you topped it. Just put your thumb over that part.

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

StarkingBarfish posted:

Tasting notes:
This pizza sucks. It's really loving bad. gently caress you sweden.

God bless you saints and lunatics who volunteer yourselves for service as Exploratory Pizzanauts. we salute your sacrifice.