Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

OwlFancier posted:

I had one foot thoroughly infested but I managed to get the GP surgery to have a blast with a mega amount of freezing agent, sorted them out nicely, they're a lot better than the lovely DIY stuff that costs a fortune.

Dunno if you've tried or if they will do the same for you.

The worst pain I've ever had is my cluster headaches, but the second worst pain I've ever had is getting some warts frozen off when I was a kid, I'd rather have the manky feet tbh

e; poo poo what a snype. Uhh 12 is how many cranial nerves there are in a human

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

The worst pain I've ever had is my cluster headaches, but the second worst pain I've ever had is getting some warts frozen off when I was a kid, I'd rather have the manky feet tbh

Huh.

I barely felt it when I went, and also it's like, the kind of pain that doesn't bother me anyway, sort of a superficial sting at the surface, not the sort of "oh god I'm hosed" kind of internal pain.

I don't know if the technique has changed but I don't think i would describe it as painful. If you can do sounding recreationally which almost made me black out I would be surprised if it's that bad :v:

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

I had a veruca once. Cut it out with a razor blade. I was only about 15. Hurt like absolute gently caress, can't recommend.

Worked though.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I tried that but it didn't work it just put a crater in my toe.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

blunt posted:

There's actually reports that Vaccination may help long covid symptoms. Further studies needed etc.

https://twitter.com/WiredUK/status/1375054980667871237?s=19

well poo poo, that's very cool if true

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

BizarroAzrael posted:

poo poo, guy I work with has come over for a funeral from Portugal today, guess he may not be online tomorrow.

They're not moving to amber til Tuesday. Maybe he'll make it through in time.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

sebzilla posted:

https://twitter.com/patrickkmaguire/status/1400559711360098308?s=19

Desperate throw of the dice to try to prevent Beckett winning and taking a load of money away from Labour?

Speaking as a Unite member, this has made me more determined to vote Beckett.
Anything that pisses off that dreadful, hypocritical, old witch is good in my book.

Anyway, aren't unions supposed to be politically active?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Anyway, aren't unions supposed to be politically active?

'Labour Party MP furious at being held to account by UK's largest trade union' would have been an utterly laughable headline in Hardie's day, I would imagine

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I developed a bunch of warts on my fingers and thumbs for a while and it was very grim and freezing didn't do much and trimming/cutting them out was unsuccessful and bloody. We happened to move house and between the new sea air, new tapwater, and a weird sensation whenever I touched metal in the shower that had every wart site get a very sharp chemical nervous feeling, they all disappeared within months.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

OwlFancier posted:

Huh.

I barely felt it when I went, and also it's like, the kind of pain that doesn't bother me anyway, sort of a superficial sting at the surface, not the sort of "oh god I'm hosed" kind of internal pain.

I don't know if the technique has changed but I don't think i would describe it as painful. If you can do sounding recreationally which almost made me black out I would be surprised if it's that bad :v:

That's the thing I'm into pain half the time, and I've got plenty of experience to compare it to, but this was truly "I will confess to shooting JFK if that makes this stop" tier. idk maybe they just hosed up because I've heard many people say it either doesn't hurt or it's a mild sting as you describe. (It did work though, all the warts vanished in short order)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I remember having verrucas as a kid, on my finger and on my feet. Mom kept slicing up garlic and putting them under a bandaid on the verrucas and eventually they went away. I dunno if that really worked or if it just went away on it's own.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

That's the thing I'm into pain half the time, and I've got plenty of experience to compare it to, but this was truly "I will confess to shooting JFK if that makes this stop" tier. idk maybe they just hosed up because I've heard many people say it either doesn't hurt or it's a mild sting as you describe. (It did work though, all the warts vanished in short order)

That definitely sounds like a fuckup then because I had an entire toe covered in them and they froze the poo poo out of it and it didn't hurt any more than like, a rock in your shoe or something.

I dunno, I obviously can't tell you what to do but if they're bothering you it might be worth trying again, really not sure what they could have done to make it hurt that much but I can't imagine it's a routine thing.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

sebzilla posted:

https://twitter.com/patrickkmaguire/status/1400559711360098308?s=19

Desperate throw of the dice to try to prevent Beckett winning and taking a load of money away from Labour?

It's Margaret Hodge, so I don't think there's any need for that question mark in your post.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

His Divine Shadow posted:

I remember having verrucas as a kid, on my finger and on my feet. Mom kept slicing up garlic and putting them under a bandaid on the verrucas and eventually they went away. I dunno if that really worked or if it just went away on it's own.

I hope you didn't leave them on overnight.

Probs :nws: but it's words only. https://stammsternenstaub.tumblr.com/post/167514849644/you-cant-just-casually-mention-garlic-cock-man

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Opened tab, read first line, said "NO THANK YOU" so loudly a man outside looked up as he passed, closed tab.

No, thank you.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

quote:

“Caustic,” I said, before I could stop myself. “Garlic is caustic.”

“Yeah! Yeah, it is!” he said, sounding cheerful that I, too, understood the Way of Garlic. “So I unwrapped my dick and, well, it looked kind of like… melted.”

Lol

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

WhatEvil posted:

I had a veruca once. Cut it out with a razor blade. I was only about 15. Hurt like absolute gently caress, can't recommend.

Worked though.

My dad used to have a skin tag and it grossed me the hell out.

So when I developed one as a teenager I grabbed my nail clippers and after a few goes got it off.

I too, do not recommend DIY surgery on yourself.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

And then he got out a brillo pad and scrubbed his dick to the bone :stonklol:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
:barf:

never a thread to read while eating, this

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

SpaceCommie posted:

My dad used to have a skin tag and it grossed me the hell out.

So when I developed one as a teenager I grabbed my nail clippers and after a few goes got it off.

I too, do not recommend DIY surgery on yourself.

Speaking as someone who got so loving sick of my mutant ingrowing toenails that I removed both big ones with a Swiss Army knife, needlenose pliers and a bottle of isopropyl alcohol.. totally loving seconded.

Though my toes haven’t got septic since..

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Ms Adequate posted:

I would dearly like it to randomly clear up my verrucas because my feet are not pleasant for the fetishists atm :(

Depends on their fetishism i imagine.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Camrath posted:

Speaking as someone who got so loving sick of my mutant ingrowing toenails that I removed both big ones with a Swiss Army knife, needlenose pliers and a bottle of isopropyl alcohol.. totally loving seconded.

Though my toes haven’t got septic since..

New fudge flavour?

I'm so sorry

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Good use for a fudge with butyric acid.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ether, proper, butter.

It's always slightly bizarre that both butane and butty come from the ancient Greek for cow, via bouturos, meaning cow cheese.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Ms Adequate posted:

It's very much a person by person thing. Some people can tolerate multiple absolutely gigantic lesions being burnt off with nary a blink while others will recoil like they've been stabbed with a hot poker with the first tiny whiff of nitrogen.

Owl's got a high pain tolerance and you don't sadly.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

But surely, this is a matter best solved via the use of drugs.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1400749359172620288

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Excited for Greens to become the third party. :toot:

This but as a general principle.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

lmao labour are so hosed.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Labour fightback

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
46% that's insane. None of the parties on that list inspire me in any way so I can see why it's happened tho.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

like all matters really

efb lol

also lol at that poll

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Barry Foster posted:

like all matters really

efb lol

also lol at that poll

If you hadn't stopped to do drugs you might have posted first.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

If you hadn't stopped to do drugs you might have posted first.

no matter(s) :rznv:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Getting closer and closer to the 20 points ahead dream.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Neurolimal posted:

Getting closer and closer to the 20 points ahead dream.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought it was supposed to be labour 20pts ahead of tories (under any other leader but Big J) not tories 20 points ahead of Labour under the establishment dream leader?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/tim-martin-wetherspoons-brexit-b1859135.html

(Mark Steel article)

quote:

During the referendum campaign, Tim Martin said the people who warned this would happen were “doomsters”. But to be fair to him, who could possibly have known in advance that getting rid of 188,000 people from abroad who did jobs here, would leave us with a workforce that was 188,000 short?

How could they know that if the people who serve the coffees and pick the strawberries all leave, there would be no one to serve the coffees and pick the strawberries? Once again, it’s all very easy with hindsight.

Two-thirds of this year’s daffodil crop has gone rotten because there weren’t enough pickers, with one daffodil trader saying: “We can’t harvest them, we don’t have enough pickers, we’re losing hundreds of thousands of pounds.”

Everyone who voted brexit should do a one month stint at national minimum wage in the hospitality venues and on the farms because this is what they voted for because they knew to the nth tiny degree what they were voting for.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Maybe if they put some of the hundreds of thousands of pounds they're losing into extra wages for pickers, more people would be willing to do it.

Just a thought.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

capitalism is when you'd rather treat people like poo poo than risk losing money

capitalism brain is when you'd rather lose money than risk treating people with dignity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

(Mark Steel article)
Everyone who voted brexit should do a one month stint at national minimum wage in the hospitality venues and on the farms because this is what they voted for because they knew to the nth tiny degree what they were voting for.

I mean most of them refuse to accept basic reality. You copuld stab them in the chest saying that the reason you are doing so is because of them not being pure and Aryan enough and most would go "I bet this is because of foreigners"

Christ there are so many people at my own work I want to yell at about this.