Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

A 24-year-old man has been arrested after a video emerged on social media appearing to show Sheffield United striker Oli McBurnie in an altercation with some young men.

Scotland international McBurnie, 24, is part of the Blades squad whose relegation from the Premier League was confirmed on 17 April

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carrier
May 12, 2009

on the edge of my seat waiting to find out who it is

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Since it’s indirectly related to football/crime, the Finance thread is long-dead, and it’s a slow news week:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-21/hunt-for-luna-the-money-chase-in-london-s-biggest-divorce-award

Bloomberg posted:

At the heart of the largest money fight that London’s divorce courts have ever known sits the Luna -- a 115-meter (380-foot), nine-deck luxury motor yacht holed up at a berth in a dusty marina in Dubai.

The Luna is the largest and most expensive single asset held by companies linked to oil and gas tycoon Farkhad Akhmedov, who bought the vessel from his fellow billionaire Roman Abramovich. It is also the prized target for Tatiana Akhmedova, Farkhad’s former wife of 21 years. Worth about 250 million pounds ($353 million), seizing control of the yacht would go a long way toward satisfying a London court’s 450-million-pound divorce award in her favor.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

sticksy posted:

Since it’s indirectly related to football/crime, the Finance thread is long-dead, and it’s a slow news week:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-21/hunt-for-luna-the-money-chase-in-london-s-biggest-divorce-award

Are boats appreciating assets? This looks like a very expensive item to maintain and I imagine its value goes down as it ages. Just let her have it and concentrate on hiding other assets instead.

I'm not a boat guy so maybe you shouldn't listen to me.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Eric Cantonese posted:

Are boats appreciating assets?

Like a big, floating Alfa Romeo. That you can do coke in.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Eric Cantonese posted:

Are boats appreciating assets? This looks like a very expensive item to maintain and I imagine its value goes down as it ages. Just let her have it and concentrate on hiding other assets instead.

I'm not a boat guy so maybe you shouldn't listen to me.

I think boats for the ordinary consumer depreciate rapidly, but mega yachts hold a lot of their value because making one is such an expensive undertaking. They cost an enormous amount to maintain and staff, not that it’s an issue for the people who buy them.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

That thing looks like a massive tug boat, absolutely no taste

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

blue footed boobie posted:

I think boats for the ordinary consumer depreciate rapidly, but mega yachts hold a lot of their value because making one is such an expensive undertaking. They cost an enormous amount to maintain and staff, not that it’s an issue for the people who buy them.

Sail yachts keep their value almost 100% if they have been looked after (e.g not just left to sit and literally rot). Because besides the maintenance on the hull and occasionally the motor you have very little upkeep, most of the keep is in marina fees and storage during winter.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Classic boat

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I imagine Mourinho is looking for a new thing to park.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Suntoucher posted:

That thing looks like a massive tug boat, absolutely no taste

Russian oligarch money.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Not surprising Nike hired his mam

https://twitter.com/JoshRobinson23/status/1398066392956612611?s=19

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I don’t believe Neymar would rape a woman.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Here's their statement
https://mobile.twitter.com/ReggieWade/status/1398086232056467457

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's loving insane that two of the world's best players are almost definitely rapists and there have been zero repercussions for either of them.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Vegetable posted:

It's loving insane that two of the world's best players are almost definitely rapists and there have been zero repercussions for either of them.

Is it really that insane when you think about how society acts towards celebrities?

I mean it's insane that they are getting away with it. But it's not surprising in the least

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

The man fucks his sister and probably his mum

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Bundy posted:

The man fucks his sister and probably his mum

wow, projection much???????

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Vegetable posted:

Is it though

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
yeah kinda

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/mdeligt_04/status/1398675506749489152?s=20

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
looks like he’s seen de ligt

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Lol at least he's not doubling down or quietly avoiding it? The clubs or the leagues just need to force players to do it. The players, on average, are too stupid.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Correction to my previous post about anti-vaxxers,

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
What did he say originally? Is all the Juve/Ronald juice going to his brain?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

What did he say originally? Is all the Juve/Ronald juice going to his brain?

quote:

"I have not taken a vaccination, it is not mandatory,” the defender said.

“I think you should be in charge of your own body. The risk of infection is always there. I try to come into contact with as few people as possible outside the Dutch national team.”

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Makes sense that he doesn't want to get vaxxed if he's already only associating with wasteman.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
does he really need to be vaccinated if he already got covid?

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01442-9

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

African AIDS cum posted:

does he really need to be vaccinated if he already got covid?

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01442-9

From the article you posted

quote:

Ellebedy’s team has observed early signs that Pfizer’s mRNA vaccine should trigger the production of the same cells4. But the persistence of antibody production, whether elicited by vaccination or by infection, does not ensure long-lasting immunity to COVID-19. The ability of some emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants to blunt the protective effects of antibodies means that additional immunizations may be needed to restore levels, says Ellebedy. “My presumption is, we will need a booster.”

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
If anyone's wondering what Bradley Orr's up to, he has a Cirque du Soleil-themed soft play, and is one of those facebook dads who thinks you can ignore COVID restrictions if you quote the magna carta at someone: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-57322352

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
An ex footballer standing in a kids ball pit screaming that the magna carta means he can choose which laws to obey is peak 2021 :suicide:

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

Eau de MacGowan posted:

An ex footballer standing in a kids ball pit screaming that the magna carta means he can choose which laws to obey is peak 2021 :suicide:

He was charged during Lockdown 2, so must have been like the 500th person to try it. Apparently we live in a country of especially stupid small business owners

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://www.espn.com/soccer/union-omaha/story/4400257/union-omahas-abdul-osumanu-alleged-to-have-defrauded-two-women-of-$200k

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Can wait for the goon meltdown video for this.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Think that's bad? Wait until you hear how much Ozil defrauded Arsenal for after a "world class player" scam.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Masonity posted:

Think that's bad? Wait until you hear how much Ozil defrauded Arsenal for after a "world class player" scam.

An eye opening amount to be sure

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Bundy posted:

An eye opening amount to be sure

Eye popping, surely.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Ozil certainly was a legitimately world class player. Arsenal aren't going to have someone as good as him again for a very long time.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

depends on how you look at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

With hindsight seems best