Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Captain Log posted:

Wait, you can save custom loving blueprints? For real?

Losing my load out every time I need to switch is a pain in the dick.

Sniper Question - I only just passed the 25 of 50 Longshot/Headshot kills challenge. What are some of the best lanes and game modes for knocking those out? I know a shitload of lanes because I'm not that stupid, but I'm not sure of the good places for long shots.

Also, what type of mods make the quick scoping sniper rifles? I picked one up from an enemy and killed six or seven people in a row with it. The rifle was also some sort of metallic tie-die, which was lovely.

If you are quick with the trigger then Nuketown. You lay in the backyard and just pop the campers that love to sit in or hover by the garage near B. As long as they are past the trailer it’s a long shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
From the gunsmith, there is an option to save your current weapon attachments just like MW. I think on controller it's L2.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Weird, I must look around some more.

Also I am a PC player and tried MP with crossplay disabled and found it to be way more enjoyable.. I think the autoaim just makes it a bit too easy for quickscope/DMR players who can hit em while jumping and spinning. Felt a lot more fair with just other PC players (who could be playing with controller but most probably don't). This is just based off a couple rounds though so who knows. And it took a while to fill a lobby unfortunately.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

priznat posted:

Weird, I must look around some more.

Also I am a PC player and tried MP with crossplay disabled and found it to be way more enjoyable.. I think the autoaim just makes it a bit too easy for quickscope/DMR players who can hit em while jumping and spinning. Felt a lot more fair with just other PC players (who could be playing with controller but most probably don't). This is just based off a couple rounds though so who knows. And it took a while to fill a lobby unfortunately.

I left crossplay on, and I'd say that 90% of the time I'm the only other PC player in the lobby. I thought that the crossplay only put you in console lobbies with players who were using a KB/mouse setup.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
priznat, check this:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oh yeah I found it, surprised I had not noticed that before! Thanks!

Very cool, tried it out in a firebase Z

Also it looks like you get 10 custom mods per gun?? That rules.

priznat fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 1, 2021

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Rad-daddio posted:

I thought that the crossplay only put you in console lobbies with players who were using a KB/mouse setup.

Zero console players actually do this

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

So, have I been playing against mostly controller players using autoaim?

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
I tried it many years ago. It was.. okay. But nothing like actual M+KB. Would not do again.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Rad-daddio posted:

So, have I been playing against mostly controller players using autoaim?

Yep.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I encounter way too many people who can whip around 180 degrees in a blink for them to all be using a controller. When I got into a room blind, I just have to commit to a corner and hope the other one isn't occupied. When I manage to do a sprint/slide/turn that results in killing the fucker behind me, I feel like John Wick.

If I can figure out how to save custom mods on the Xbox, I'm going to be so loving happy.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Look at the screenshot I posted above, it should have the input required to save it.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

Captain Log posted:

I encounter way too many people who can whip around 180 degrees in a blink for them to all be using a controller. When I got in

High sensitivity + aim assist makes this possible, it's literally how quickscoping came to be.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah the controller stuff can be scary fast with flicking the nubbins. I don't know if a mouse user is really that competitive against people who can do that, hence my turning off crossplay.

If quickscoping was removed I think it would balance things out a lot.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
When I made a concerted effort to git gud five or six years ago, it was all about lowering sensitivity. It made me a way better player, compared to when I started out as an old in Modern FPSes.

I'm not sure I could swap back to high sensitivity and hit a drat thing.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Yeah, usually lower sensitivity + bigger mousepad helps. More movement for same input naturally means better/easier precision.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Anyone unlock that new pistol yet? I got eleven of the twenty "five pistol kills in a match" done tonight. Probably pop it off tomorrow. I just maxed out the revolver tonight, meaning all my sidearms are maxed out. Which means I can go back to my first love, the Beretta. Err, Diamatti.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

i did it in zombies, 400 zombie crit kills. solo, its like going to round 25 or something and headshotting most of them. it seems okay, but not any better than the diamattis

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

mrking posted:

i did it in zombies, 400 zombie crit kills. solo, its like going to round 25 or something and headshotting most of them. it seems okay, but not any better than the diamattis

Non burst at least, but you drain it quick! I unlocked it in zombies too. I bet akimbo these will be hilariously OP for a bit like that MW pistol.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Theres a group of 6 of us in console who know eachother in real life and play together and every one of them are on mouse and keyboard but me.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
FINALLY got the sniper challenge done. Sniping is what I do the least, so it was a bitch.

I still need -

- Thermal Scope kills. Not a problem, just have to do it but have been too busy with other things.

- Get a 10 Kill merciless streak. I've got to nine the past three days but keep getting whacked before ten. Any tips?

- Vehicle on vehicle kills. I have loving zero. Does anyone have some advice for me here? It's frustrating if this keeps me from all my challenges for the first time.

Really seems like they'd have at least one major vehicle mode to warrant a vehicle on vehicle challenge.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Maybe get a Hind on dirty bomb and blow up bikes? I don’t play dirty bomb a lot but took a hind down with a Semtex (don’t ask) and kept racking up strela-to-bike kills so there’s a) attack choppers and b) plenty of bikes

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
I've been playing a poo poo ton of multiplayer on PS5, but I'd like to find some other folks to play with - my PSN is The_Manxome_Foe

I'm having a lot of fun, but the lobbies seem to be a wild loving roller coaster between me stomping people or being in a match where I can't get a kill to save my life. Also, SMG's seem to outclass every other gun by a wide margin.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah it seems like the AK74u is the most popular smg and gun in general right now. It’s really good.

I played some outbreak solo last night and man that big tree thing is such a loving sponge. It’s not difficult just tedious especially on the 3rd+ world. Killstreaks do nothing to it at all! It’s good for just farming kills as he spawns zombies though. Was just ranking up a legendary qbz for the heck of it.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

priznat posted:

Yeah it seems like the AK74u is the most popular smg and gun in general right now. It’s really good.

I played some outbreak solo last night and man that big tree thing is such a loving sponge. It’s not difficult just tedious especially on the 3rd+ world. Killstreaks do nothing to it at all! It’s good for just farming kills as he spawns zombies though. Was just ranking up a legendary qbz for the heck of it.

Death machine and a rare weapon with Pack a punch level 2 should down him well under a minute.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Wow that mode they added that doesn't have killstreaks is really fun! Mostly really small maps that are just utter constant chaos and it gives me shipment vibes and I am here for it

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

priznat posted:

I did my first evening of Outbreak Solo, not having touched it yet this season. Without a team, it's so much more enjoyable! I quickly got through two levels and exfil'd because I had poo poo to do. Thank you for the knowledge of Solo Zombies! I'll never have to touch the FFAR in multiplayer again, because it's awful!

Challenges - Got my Merciless, now I just need less than two hundred more Thermal Kills and all the loving vehicle on player controlled vehicle / score streak against player controlled vehicle kills.

I'm going to be really loving irked if a vehicle challenge, which is only hard because of the game modes, keeps me from completing a season.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Captain Log posted:

I did my first evening of Outbreak Solo, not having touched it yet this season. Without a team, it's so much more enjoyable! I quickly got through two levels and exfil'd because I had poo poo to do. Thank you for the knowledge of Solo Zombies! I'll never have to touch the FFAR in multiplayer again, because it's awful!

Challenges - Got my Merciless, now I just need less than two hundred more Thermal Kills and all the loving vehicle on player controlled vehicle / score streak against player controlled vehicle kills.

I'm going to be really loving irked if a vehicle challenge, which is only hard because of the game modes, keeps me from completing a season.

Wait, you can level up weapons in solo zombies?

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
yeah, no restriction.
I like to do a solo 10rd die machine on a new weapon to get attatchments, then solo outbreak

mrking
May 27, 2006

One time I spent like an hour in a loop loading, migrating hosts, and then disconnecting. I was ready to never play zombies again until I found solo mode. Now I've maxed all my guns and done the whole camo grind and I am again ready to never play zombies again. Solo Die machine was faster for the camo kills than solo outbreak for all but sniper rifles,if anybody is doing that.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I prefer firebase Z to die machine just because the bunker stuff is too enclosed. You can kite mobs around on firebase z really well.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Fbz has that one central area and there's also one of the rooms that has steps on both sides that works really well for kiting.

mrking
May 27, 2006

I spent almost 100% of the time sitting still in the penthouse letting zombies walk in a line at me until I had money for PaP and the reload soda. Or running in circles around the plane wing. Tbh I didn't enjoy it much and thought of switching to killing floor 2 or aimlab a lot while playing.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I tried the CW mini warzone mode where you drop into the outbreak maps and it was kinda neat but the radioactive zones are really poorly defined and kind of stupid. It seemed to be just a much shittier version of warzone but not quite as punishing (or maybe the people in the lobby sucked).

Prowler
May 24, 2004

priznat posted:

I tried the CW mini warzone mode where you drop into the outbreak maps and it was kinda neat but the radioactive zones are really poorly defined and kind of stupid. It seemed to be just a much shittier version of warzone but not quite as punishing (or maybe the people in the lobby sucked).

Fireteam: Dirty Bomb is fun and is more like Plunder than Battle Royale.

The armor seems almost pointless, though.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Prowler posted:

Fireteam: Dirty Bomb is fun and is more like Plunder than Battle Royale.

The armor seems almost pointless, though.

Do these spawn helicopters and tanks? I want to try those mostly so I can fly a hind around while cranking 80s tunes.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I just got the furthest in zombies to like 6 or 7. Turns out theres cutscenes and stuff changes to not be the same over and over?? But it also took like 3 hours, I don’t know how people can get much further than that without save states. Maybe if it was with people I knew instead of 3 randoms only communicating in pings and car beeps.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Do you get anything for killing that big fucker? It didn't seem hard, but I bailed because it felt like it was going to take ten or fifteen minutes.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Do you get anything for killing that big fucker? It didn't seem hard, but I bailed because it felt like it was going to take ten or fifteen minutes.

Usually one (or more) legendary gun, and maybe a killstreak. Perhaps an epic gun. It’s pretty decent swag but it takes FOREVER especially on higher waves.

Best ones to always do are the lightning chest (not too hard plus good poo poo in the crate), kill the hunters (random perk) and the orange crystal ones (ethereum wrench to upgrade a weapon one tier). Oh and the rocket dragon. Basically all of them except that giant rear end in a top hat. :haw:

priznat fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jun 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prowler
May 24, 2004

priznat posted:

Do these spawn helicopters and tanks? I want to try those mostly so I can fly a hind around while cranking 80s tunes.

They do. It's been a while since I've played--and for all I know they took them out because someone figured out a glitch with them. But I used to pop into Dirty Bomb solo and hop into a helicopter and rack up kills to balance my KDR (and laugh maniacally). Even better if a teammate joins and fires the machine gun. Tanks don't tend to last all that long before someone tosses C4 at it, and they're too slow to sit on the edges of a battle and blast people.