Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ogogo is really easy to spell too. If it was Agogo though he’d probably be less likely to get sued by the IOC when they notice his logo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

His name is in his entrance video and was shown multiple times.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Deeb/Riho is significantly underrated there

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I rate matches in fruit.

the 3-way match: Cherry
The tag team title match: Orange
The women's title match: Apple
The NWA women's match: Lime
The Cody/Ogogo match: Dogshit

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Gumball Gumption posted:

His name is in his entrance video and was shown multiple times.

Truly a Jeff level error by Meltzer.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Is Dynamite live tonight? Not the most exciting card on paper, but those episodes usually turn out to be pretty good.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Live tonight, I think next week might be getting taped over the weekend.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Jon Hungaryman (NXT)

Becomes

Long Jon Silver (pirate) (Raw)

The Pirate Experience

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

enigmahfc posted:

I rate matches in fruit.

the 3-way match: Cherry
The tag team title match: Orange
The women's title match: Apple
The NWA women's match: Lime
The Cody/Ogogo match: Dogshit

thanks for making me have to mute myself in a meeting lmfao

lol that the 3-way isn't rated Orange though

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1400821313313427464?s=20

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I feel like there are Tommy End conversations happening in different threads including ideas about him in AEW + Dark Order.

With Silver's tweet about the Dark Order not needing a leader, obviously we're not going to get someone new joining the group and taking it over. But, I think there could be some legs under the idea of End coming to AEW and being welcomed into Dark Order (because they welcome everybody), at which point he starts to try and turn the group back to the sadistic thing it was before. Not outright the leader, but trying to spin it to his own use instead of adopting the more laid back/goofy personas they have now.

I could eventually lead to whoever in Dark Order is most pure of heart (Cabana? Silver?) stepping up to him and either kicking him out of the group or just shutting him down while letting him stay in the group, until he breaks apart with his own new group to take Dark Order down.

It kind of has the same story beats as The Pinnacle/Inner Circle where a guy joins a group, tries to make it his own thing, then makes his own group to take down his old group. But, they could probably do it in a way where it doesn't feel so same-y.

Whatever happens, if anything, one of the nice things to speculate about new people coming to AEW is that there's so much for new people to do that isn't just "hotshot into a World Title feud" like TNA used to be notorious for. You can bring someone in who is high profile and has a lot to offer and still use them in mid-card/upper mid-card feuds for a while before putting them into the title mix and it feels natural and fun because the storytelling is generally pretty good.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It's a case where you could probably get a good story out of it but I'm not sure if the heat from trying to take Brodie's spot is the kind of heat you want. I feel like it could go over really well or really badly, but who knows.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

jesus dave is the worst writer i've ever seen and i had to read summer essays from teenagers for a work project

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Tommy End doesn't strike me as the type of character who hangs out with a lot of friends

e: in fact i hope he doesn't strike me at all! :classiclol:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Oh Snapple! posted:

It's a case where you could probably get a good story out of it but I'm not sure if the heat from trying to take Brodie's spot is the kind of heat you want. I feel like it could go over really well or really badly, but who knows.

Well right, that's why I'm saying nobody has to try to be an explicit leader. The nice thing about Dark Order is that they rally behind whoever the main person is at the time – from Anna to Tay (though she's not even officially Dark Order, is she?) to Silver to 10. You could easily do a similar thing with a new person coming in without making any overtures to them being the leader, just that the group is excitedly behind them succeeding until poo poo gets too heavy with a guy like Tommy End.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I can't see anyone evil and brooding joining Dark Order, they're a face team now and their cult group villainy ended with Brodie's passing

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Oh Snapple! posted:

uh really badly. That's the answer. Really, really badly

Also people are way too fixated on Anna Jay having some major role. She has a lot of promise but she isn't actually that good at anything yet. She's barely even started and it seems like every week people are insisting that she be put on this crazy trajectory in the company.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I would very much like to see Dark Order do more spooky stuff. Like rituals using wrestling. Maybe expand the lore of the Exalted One a bit so it goes beyond just Brodie Lee. Blatantly steal more poo poo from the Cthulu mythos.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/BustedOpenRadio/status/1400841547718004737

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
this is so perfect a spot for both, JB gets a showcase match for the world title and Kenny gets a strong defense against a future superstar with a clean win (if they're smart), i hope they go 20 minutes and literally nobody interferes

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

smarxist posted:

this is so perfect a spot for both, JB gets a showcase match for the world title and Kenny gets a strong defense against a future superstar with a clean win (if they're smart), i hope they go 20 minutes and literally nobody interferes

I hope that too but have you seen The Elite recently? 🤔

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm watching the new Archer interview with Lexy and he's way more well spoken then I expected. Like him talking in depth about the nostalgia appeal of Cobra Kai is bizarre.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Saturday night Dynamite... I blame real sports for all of this chaos.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they're gonna make Jungle Boy kiss all the belts

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Mr. Squishy posted:

Saturday night Dynamite... I blame real sports for all of this chaos.

June is going to kill us all

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Saturday night Dynamite has a special feel to it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It sucks that the show gets pre-empted but there is something fun about having a Dynamite to look forward to on Friday. Can't wait for the second show!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Tony confirmed on Busted Open Radio that the big quarterly TNT specials are going to be on Saturday nights

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
of course I have a wedding to attend that Saturday (for someone I barely know)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

enigmahfc posted:

Just don't go. Don't know them that well? Aren't in the wedding party? gently caress em.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

weddings are only fun if you show up and ruin it. Moreso if you're the groom.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Just don't go. Don't know them that well? Aren't in the wedding party? gently caress em.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

enigmahfc posted:

When Dynamite starts you tell everyone it’s time to light the fuse and put dynamite on. Dynamite is only two hours and everyone can resume drinking/dancing/exchanging vows afterwards.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Critical posted:

jesus dave is the worst writer i've ever seen and i had to read summer essays from teenagers for a work project

If you think he's bad you should try reading my posts!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Weddings loving suck and being obligated to go is bullshit.

I didn’t even like being at my own wedding because they suck that bad.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

enigmahfc posted:

Take a bump through one of the tables at the reception. You'll be back home (and potentially covered in cake) with time to spare.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's not a wedding if you don't do your finishing move on the priest

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
pop out of the cake and deck the groom imo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

History Comes Inside! posted:

Weddings loving suck and being obligated to go is bullshit.

I didn’t even like being at my own wedding because they suck that bad.

they don't get any better after repeated attempts. IMO, do the courthouse thing and use the wedding clothing budget to get all your friends extra wasted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Did they book anyone interesting for the undercard?