Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Noah's Ark impounded in Ipswich for not having paperwork to say it's seaworthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

Cichlidae posted:

And among the reasons you might get bitten, according to that article?

Mating Season

Iguanas have a breeding season and it's not uncommon your pet is going to try and mate with you. This means that a male iguana will take a bite as it would a female. While this is not a dangerous bite, an iguana may hold onto until he is finished.

Pushing him away will make him aggressive and encourage him to bite harder.

So... lie back and think of England? :stare:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Far too small. That won't even hold 2 of every animal from the zoo.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I mean if it's just kinda floating around in one place for 40 days then it's kinda doing what it was built to do. It wasn't Noah's amazing animal cruise

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Sir Lemming posted:

It wasn't Noah's amazing animal cruise

Sunday School taught me wrong??

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Captain Monkey posted:

I had a bunch of pet iguanas as a kid. That’s far worse than anything I’ve seen and that sucks.

I am no expert, but I am under the impression that iguana bites only get really hosed up once iguanas get big, which as I understand is like a foot and a half and up to 30 pounds.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Captain Monkey posted:

I had a bunch of pet iguanas as a kid. That’s far worse than anything I’ve seen and that sucks.

Iguanas have an impressive bite strength for their size, and being largely herbivorous. They bite when they feel threatened, but also bite due to territoriality, and also bite when attempting to mate. They worry their bites like a terrier.

Their bites can be bad.

Dienes has a new favorite as of 22:11 on Jun 7, 2021

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Dienes posted:

Iquanas have an impressive bite strength for their size, and being largely herbivorous. They bite when they feel threatened, but also bite due to territoriality, and also bite when attempting to mate. They worry their bites like a terrier.

Their bites can be bad.

How did you misspell Iguana such that it almost looks like it's spelled correctly?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

pik_d posted:

How did you misspell Iguana such that it almost looks like it's spelled correctly?

We all have our gifts.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

There will also be a difference in the bite of a pet iguana that's expressing annoyance that its owner is trying to pick it up when it doesn't want to be, and the bite of a wild iguana that thinks a big pink ape is about to eat it.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
What about the bite of an iguana that finds a big pink ape that does not dream?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Worst Phillip K. Dick novel ever.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/laurynricketts/status/1401929258642067458?s=20

It’s raining cicadas

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Platystemon posted:

“allegedly”

We have video evidence, but let’s not be hasty here. There are very fine people on many sides.

It's legalese. Until you've been convicted anything you've done is 'allegedly'. Newspapers use it so they can't be accused of showing bias against the offending party.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:911:

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Brit saves twin sister by punching crocodile in the face

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Now that's what I call in-depth journalism.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Are we sure it's cicadas and not that Weather Girls prediction finally coming true?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

These two look like the protagonists of a low budget 90s sci-fi extreme sports show.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I was thinking female Dick and Dom.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Dog ejected from car during Sunday crash found on sheep farm, herding sheep
Meanwhile, in #blessed weird news

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:woof: just because you survived a horrible car crash that don't mean you should shirk your work!

I have mixed feelings about a canine with a stronger work ethic than me.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
that dog deserves a hero's wage

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I don't think it was a sheepdog before the crash. It woke up in a field, saw some sheep, and immediately started doing border collie things.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

The Lone Badger posted:

I don't think it was a sheepdog before the crash. It woke up in a field, saw some sheep, and immediately started doing border collie things.

It's like when people come out of a coma speaking a new language, it was a retriever beforehand.

Captain Hygiene has a new favorite as of 01:05 on Jun 11, 2021

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1403436506555961344

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'll bet the Kids In The Hall never expected to be relevant for so long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENaNB0o_N-g

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This seems extremely ill-conceived for multiple obvious reasons

(My own penis is, of course, of gargantuan proportions, with its own gravitational field, etc.)

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Years ago, in Australia, we had a series of anti-littering adverts (which I now can't find), that showed people reacting to litterers by saying "Tosser," and wiggling their pinky fingers at them, to imply that littering was the act of a man with a small penis.

Australian to standard English dictionary:
"To toss" means to throw away, so a "tosser" is someone who throws things away, in this case, rubbish in inappropriate places.
A "tosser" is also someone who masturbates, à la "wanker," and is used as a general insult.

It was quite a good campaign, I thought.

e: Welp, it seems I've mixed up my early '00s adverts. The "Tosser" advert, and the "pinky" advert were separate. The pinky was for speeding, which makes more sense.

Lady Disdain has a new favorite as of 22:57 on Jun 12, 2021

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Lady Disdain posted:

The pinky was for speeding, which makes more sense.

Does it?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

In the sense of car as small penis compensation

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I can see it in the sense that those men would likely be the type to care deeply about something like penis size, and I'm assuming speeding is mostly done by men (although at my last job the women were the ones racking up the tickets for some reason).

The Korean thing just seems weird, even on a surface level it's fundamentally lovely to shame people for something they have absolutely no control over, and when you think it through it completely goes against the supposed message. They're rightfully decrying outdated gender norms that are leading to them being disadvantaged on the labor market, and this somehow involves...reinforcing traditional gender norms about what it means to be truly masculine and virile in a physical sense. It doesn't sit well with me, even as a provocative troll move.

I guess it's the same problem I have when people go on about how Nazis are usually the worst examples of the white race. That is true, and I suppose it exposes their personal hypocrisy, but does it really matter beyond that? Their ideas would still be abhorrent even if they actually were all blue-eyed, tall, blonde, square-jawed Aryan übermenschen. At a basic level, those are not valid criteria to judge a human being outside of Tinder. That's the entire point.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Fascists are obsessed with image.

Is “behold the master race” an effective way to combat fascism? I don’t know, but it’s not prima facie ridiculous.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
NBC's Ultimate Slip 'N Slide halts production amid report of 'explosive diarrhea' on set
:itwaspoo:

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Not sure how things are where you live, but over here, speeding deaths are disproportionately young men, and it's tied to toxic masculinity. So trying to take the manliness out of the activity does indeed make sense, imo.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Since when did NBC shy away from putting diarrhea on the air

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Lady Disdain posted:

Not sure how things are where you live, but over here, speeding deaths are disproportionately young men, and it's tied to toxic masculinity. So trying to take the manliness out of the activity does indeed make sense, imo.
So more young women will be on the road speeding to go pick up their Tinder dates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Platystemon posted:

Fascists are obsessed with image.

Is “behold the master race” an effective way to combat fascism? I don’t know, but it’s not prima facie ridiculous.

It combats the fascists as individuals, which can be useful, but it does not combat their ideas. In fact, it implicitly reinforces their preconceptions and values, as even their opponents gleefully use those to judge them.

It's why I never liked that comic book image that goons are always posting, with the handsome protagonist effortlessly berating some hapless white supremacists, who are inexplicably just standing around and letting him do it for some reason. Oh, this man has no chin? So what? I don't care about his chin, or lack thereof, in this context. That's not why I would hate someone like that. I'm not evaluating him as a sexual partner, and I wouldn't suddenly start nodding my head in agreement if he did have a powerful Aryan jaw or whatever.