Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

CodfishCartographer posted:

If anything I'd wager toaster ovens are more common in Japan, where apartments can be too small to really fit a conventional oven

Yeah, a large conventional oven in the home is pretty much unheard of over there but toaster ovens are commonplace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Lodin posted:

Dad is gonna self defense out of shame for not having any way to please his wife today.

McGavin posted:

The Daily Life of a Certain Salami Fugitive begins.

:f5:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

pnumoman posted:

Yeah, a large conventional oven in the home is pretty much unheard of over there but toaster ovens are commonplace

Yeah, that makes sense. I've never actually seen a toaster oven IRL, only bought them as the first thing for my kitchen every time I play The Sims.

E: I just checked one of Norway's biggest electronics chains and they have only two models listed. They simply aren't a thing over here and most people would have a microwave instead.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Lodin posted:

most people would have a microwave instead.

May God smite this latter-day Gomorrah known as Norway to the last brick

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I think that's the first really terrible thing I've heard about life in Norway

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Ever since I got a toaster oven I've barely used my microwave. And my regular oven, for that matter. Most food(including leftovers) comes out better in an oven than in the microwave, and toaster ovens get to temperature much faster than a regular oven.

(as additional info for our toaster-oven deprived goons: most toaster ovens do more than simple toasting nowadays. A regular baking mode is pretty standard, and some of the fancier ones have air fryer/broiler/etc modes as well.)

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

another goon in the pockets of Big Toaster

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

What if there’s no discount beef simply due to meat-mom buying the last of it?

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

hell, same

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Why's he remembering his momma's buns with so much clarity?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Because he actually has sight beyond sight but doesn't realize it

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

sorry

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

deeply enjoying the two NEET timelines both hyperfocusing on food right now

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
oh poo poo it's about to go DOWN

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Call 911 NOW

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
The plot twist is gonna be that his dad is proud of him for making his own drat breakfast for once without it being cup noodles.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

"go hang a salami, im a lasagna hog DAD!"

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Don't touch dad salami it's the rule and now there's gonna be consequences

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Daddy would you like some sausage

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Dude's gonna throw that lousy sausage thief out of his house!
He's gonna do gently caress all because he's an even bigger pushover than his son.

E: Actually I now really want an ark that's just dad obsessing over his salami loss.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
No wait were all missing the obvious here. The part time neet is the same age as Enami in his flashback. Neets father will be furious with him and tells neet to buy more discount salami, where neet will bump into a parallel Enami and have a conversation about ghosts.

That or the father goes 'oh. Pizza bread sounds tasty, Ill make one for myself.' and nothing happens for another 3 panels.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

nullEntityRNG posted:

No wait were all missing the obvious here. The part time neet is the same age as Enami in his flashback. Neets father will be furious with him and tells neet to buy more discount salami, where neet will bump into a parallel Enami and have a conversation about ghosts.

That or the father goes 'oh. Pizza bread sounds tasty, Ill make one for myself.' and nothing happens for another 3 panels.

:aaaaa:

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Oh drat the knife is right there! There can only be one solution!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

NEET please don't self defense you're parents in this timeline too :ohdear:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Neet reveling in having as much salami as he wants has dire consequences

Turns out this was rare meats worth 5 hundred trillion

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
NEET eats meat treats; gets beat

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

simplefish posted:

"go hang a salami, im a lasagna hog DAD!"

Pa's a sap.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Prediction:

Tohru will be like “oh sorry papa-san, but I am a Hard Working Man Just Like You and I know you have the best taste in ready-to-eat meat based products. I love you.”

And the dad will be like “my son my son!!”

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Then ma will walk in with a katana

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Daddy about to get mildly perturbed.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

I honestly had no idea I did that. Amazing. Lolling hard over here.

I'm sure you're all savvy enough to know this, but just so we're all on the same page, he's talking about Karaage and not a bucket of the colonel's original recipe.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

I'm sure you're all savvy enough to know this, but just so we're all on the same page, he's talking about Karaage and not a bucket of the colonel's original recipe.

Yeah, it's clearly not Christmas time.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

This is the most exciting neet in a long while now

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Prediction:

Tohru will be like “oh sorry papa-san, but I am a Hard Working Man Just Like You and I know you have the best taste in ready-to-eat meat based products. I love you.”

And the dad will be like “my son my son!!”

My guess is something with his hand happens so he can‘t do his job any more and is fired.

Oh sorry no that can‘t be it, this would mean this arc advances the story :v:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

I honestly had no idea I did that. Amazing. Lolling hard over here.

I know his grin is because he's proud of his deduction, but tbh that's how I grin when I realize I'm about to have katsu curry and karaage

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
About to flash back to earlier when Tohru's dad got on the computer and searched for "BUY POISON SALAMI"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Two meat dishes?