Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

relationship with $GOON ended

AHT my new best friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

got 69 AHTs with my AMC buy-in

despite the funny number i have real confidence about this long play

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
200 AHT was such a baller buy @ 3.xx

I can almost smell that sweet, sweet paid off credit card.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

cirus posted:

My basic screener is Price < 5, Volume > 1 M, Relative Volume > 3, Price 20% > 20 Day SMA, Price(Now) > Open or Change > 2%. You can do this for free on FinViz but I pay for premium Stockrover to have some more technical information and faster ticker updates. Sort by volume descending and the top 2-5 hits will generally be what people are flocking into for that morning. I'll buy 500-1000 shares depending on news for a stock and initial price. This screener has picked up EYES, OCGN, and XTNT in their initial runs and made me a nice chunk of change. Mostly I just get out at 20-50 cents/share profit for a few hundred dollars a day and never look back once I sell.

This picked up SENS this morning. Got in at 2.60.

I've traded tiny amounts of the leaders of this screener each day this week, just playing around with it. It's makes for some fun little plays, so thanks for the tip!

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

are we thinking they'll get back to where they were in 2018? because that'd be a paid off credit card and a yacht

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Yeah, I got in for 300 shares at 2.29, and it’s the best trade I’ve made. Outperforming Apple, ccl, nclh, and all my other recovery buys lol.

Aht is my best pal.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Hibajubwa posted:

This picked up SENS this morning. Got in at 2.60.

I've traded tiny amounts of the leaders of this screener each day this week, just playing around with it. It's makes for some fun little plays, so thanks for the tip!

I tried this but I am having trouble locating the Relative Volume option.

KaiserKarl
Dec 31, 2006
$G(M)OON?!

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

Pillowpants posted:

I tried this but I am having trouble locating the Relative Volume option.

https://finviz.com/screener.ashx?v=111&f=sh_curvol_o1000,sh_price_u5,sh_relvol_o3,ta_change_u2,ta_sma20_pa20&ft=4&o=-volume

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

I meant on Stockrover - I found it on Finviz

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Pillowpants posted:

Finviz defines it as Relative Volume = Current Volume / 3-month Average Volume

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

paternity suitor posted:

Bingo. And in a world where everyone has free trades, why go with the one that has basically no customer support?

I just want cheap margin, options, and a decent mobile app for my fun account, and that basically just leaves RH.

They're not a serious broker but they're fun for gambling.

e: AHT gang represent

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Done with meme stocks except for AMC puts that may or may not pay off in 2 weeks. Back to SPY calls. Never don't buy SPY calls.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

cr0y posted:

Done with meme stocks except for AMC puts that may or may not pay off in 2 weeks. Back to SPY calls. Never don't buy SPY calls.

SPY has been stuck at 420-421 for two weeks - why would you buy calls?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Rolled PLTR puts from June to August, increased strike from $20 to $21. June puts had decayed to $0.07 and Aug sold for $1.25

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I got some AHT b/c this thread a while back and it's my best buy in a while. A friend of mine got in too but he did a better job averaging down so he's up 150% :psyduck:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Pillowpants posted:

SPY has been stuck at 420-421 for two weeks - why would you buy calls?

It's just something that I almost always make money on and getting out of the meme stocks free'd up my risky option chunk of my portfolio. This is all gaming for me, I don't really have a good reason other than SPY historically always ticks up even if it's slow at times.

Those options are already up 7% today and SPY seems to be breaking out of its stall.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Too Many Birds posted:

relationship with $GOON ended

AHT my new best friend

If you sold your GOON I am guessing we have you to thank today?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

KaiserKarl posted:

$G(M)OON?!

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

gently caress it, in for a 100 AHTs. I'm still holding way too much NDRA lol

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

A MIRACLE posted:

gently caress it, in for a 100 AHTs. I'm still holding way too much NDRA lol

Splitting it.

Now what the gently caress happened to my VSTO. They massacred my boy.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Pillowpants posted:

It's Volume vs. Average (3m). It's percentage so you have to put in 300 instead of 3 like you would with FinViz.

Got in WINT this morning at 2.60 and out at 3.10.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Oscar Wild posted:

Rolled PLTR puts from June to August, increased strike from $20 to $21. June puts had decayed to $0.07 and Aug sold for $1.25

If the info is correct, I believe PLTR earnings are 8/10, so just keep an eye on it and be prepared to bail or roll again

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Superrodan posted:

If you sold your GOON I am guessing we have you to thank today?

yes

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I sold half of my GOON to buy more AHT at the peak, blowing up today's gains for both of them.

You're welcome everyone.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
What the hell happened to AHT at 1pm EST today?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

YeahTubaMike posted:

What the hell happened to AHT at 1pm EST today?

Day traders.

Now it's on sale for when it goes up next week.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Fiiiiine I'll buy that dip and gently caress up my funny number

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
SENS back up to its March highs. I was expecting to be disappointed in this stock forever as its price dwindles down to nothing, so it was a pleasant surprise.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

could just one stock i buy into not _immediately_ tank?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Cacafuego posted:

If the info is correct, I believe PLTR earnings are 8/10, so just keep an eye on it and be prepared to bail or roll again

Lots of support around $20 and thank you for the heads up.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Deviant posted:

Make CRTX go on sale before December please and thanks

spider bethlehem
Oct 5, 2007
Makin with the stabbins

Deviant posted:

i feel ya. I got stomped on my rebuy into BB and AMC -and- my goonspired sashay into AHT, CLN and NKD today. I'm out 100% of my profits for this week.

Still, that's the mock starkets

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Liquid Communism posted:

Yes, but wouldn't that have tax implications, when he's aleady paying short term cap gains on the windfall?

Unless someone's dying, no reason to get taxed twice on it.

Could you explain why you think it would?

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
puts on DASH gently caress DASH

also anyone else buy calls on vxx/vix

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
i could use a meme wave like this maybe like 1x a month to fund my lovely rear end plays in between tia

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Pretty sure goon is going up because amc option guy wants to be it’s ceo.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Elephanthead posted:

Pretty sure goon is going up because amc option guy wants to be it’s ceo.

the world is so strange i can't tell if this is a joke or not

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
I used the goon bump to trim my position down a little bit and sold some puts on BB and SNDL so today was a good day for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i feel like making a little extra money but all my trading212 pies seem to be in the poo poo right now
i assume day trading is completely pointless unless im throwing around hundreds at a time right