Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I posted my podcast the last time someone asked. It's https://talkingsopranos.simplecast.com/

xtal has issued a correction as of 19:50 on Jun 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
this summer

don’t go FINKY

on the FRQNCY

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

xtal posted:

I posted my podcast the last time someone asked. It's https://talkingsopranos.simplecast.com/

oh, very nice! I've tried to rewatch the Sopranos twice now with two different people and never was able to get into it, mainly for technical reasons

now might be a good time to actually give it a go, actually make some time for it and watch it

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

paul_soccer12 posted:

https://twitter.com/FRQNCY_live/status/1400566802069917696?s=19
5 likes
100 followers

Wonder how many tickets they sold

considering the increasing urgency of the ads on chapo id say not many

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

This Summer

Run, don’t Walk

To Your Computer

And Catch FRQNCY LIVE!

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
they sold one ticket and it was to the guy who is going to record the chapo segment to put on youtube and leave the discord when the next act starts

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I just like to dick around on saturdays, I wouldn’t buy a ticket for a streaming event

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Victory Position posted:

I guess no one listens to "And Introducing"

Correct

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Saturday is ttrpg time for me, unfortunately.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1400885446767366145

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

lmao

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Xeni's friends need to do an intervention... if she has any.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

uber_stoat posted:

Xeni's friends need to do an intervention... if she has any.

theyre called headmates

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
jeffreys dead and ghislaine is in jail, so her friends can’t help her now

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
this is like the first weekend of full open up from covid-19, and no one wants to stay inside for this freq day long concert bullshit.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

they needed to have hosted a few shorter free/cheap/free to patreons/etc events to build up buzz and trust, otherwise the “live only no VOD” is a hard rear end sell to make even at $15 or whatever.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

paul_soccer12 posted:

they sold one ticket and it was to the guy who is going to record the chapo segment to put on youtube and leave the discord when the next act starts

lmao

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I thought about buying a ticket but then I remembered I'm severely depressed and have a full schedule of weeping to do that day. Sorry chapoailures

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Great Comrade Katie Halper and Matt Taibbi had the great former hosts of Rising Sahara and Krystal on. Great show.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

papa horny michael posted:

this is like the first weekend of full open up from covid-19, and no one wants to stay inside for this freq day long concert bullshit.

yeah, this is what I think too, it probably would have gone over better last fall or something when people were still kind of in lock-down mode

everyone wants to see live poo poo again and drat I don't blame them

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

paul_soccer12 posted:

poor E1 :(

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the big musical draw dropping off the bill at the last minute probably didn't help

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
it seems badly promoted. like, i don't think they were really trying to draw in people outside the podcasts respective audiences. but even with that, it seems shoddy.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

it seems badly promoted. like, i don't think they were really trying to draw in people outside the podcasts respective audiences. but even with that, it seems shoddy.

I think they were relying on word of mouth from stuff like chapo/e1/the popular other acts to spread the word.

Even with that it doesn't sound very good. I wouldn't mind paying for a chapo show, but I think that it should be recorded in case you're not able to see it live. I guess it's Dan's pet project and they wanted to support it.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

During the stream, Virgil is somehow going to set off the fire alarm with a vape pen again.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I think they were relying on word of mouth from stuff like chapo/e1/the popular other acts to spread the word.

Even with that it doesn't sound very good. I wouldn't mind paying for a chapo show, but I think that it should be recorded in case you're not able to see it live. I guess it's Dan's pet project and they wanted to support it.

i think they took how successful their barely promoted twitch stuff and assumed it would be the same for a pay-for no-vod 10 hour experience.

that or this is someone's pet project and everyone else is kinda just going along but doesnt really care

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

shoulda landed Hassan as some hunk set decor, he gets 10x their best twitch numbers easily

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

xQc, but he doesn't really know how he got there, or really knows where he is

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

During the stream, Virgil is somehow going to set off the fire alarm with a vape pen again.

I think we determined that was Felix's fault actually

I have to work tomorrow and they aren't offering a recording, otherwise I'd have considered buying a ticket to the fest. Sorry Chris.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Victory Position posted:

xQc, but he doesn't really know how he got there, or really knows where he is

he never really does ever.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

1000%. this is completely mistimed

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I don't listen to most of the other podcasts or those bands but yeah the thing about it not being recorded is really why I can't watch it.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Danger posted:

New TrueAnon on the Fort Bragg murders. Pretty much a non stop machine gun fire of crack pinging.

The two thoughts I had are that if there ever was a military coup, it will be JSOC psychos. And that they will absolutely end up being used to suppress domestic popular movements if they haven't been already.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Nothus posted:

The two thoughts I had are that if there ever was a military coup, it will be JSOC psychos. And that they will absolutely end up being used to suppress domestic popular movements if they haven't been already.

I don't think the US will ever have an enlightened officer movement. Anyone that comes out of there is straight up a psychopath.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I would be curious to know how the regular military officers feel about the JSOC psychos though, I can't imagine they are thrilled about being sidelined for a bunch of glorified Hell's Angels in top of the line military equipment

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I don't think the US will ever have an enlightened officer movement. Anyone that comes out of there is straight up a psychopath.

It won't be the career guys. But I know plenty of guys who did a tour and got radicalized dealing with the ensuing trauma once they got out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Thank you!