Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Basic Poster posted:

Sorry if someone already mentioned...but there is a hilarious story about the writing/creating team of the naked gun series going to some pretty extreme similar lengths to get a track announcer say a thing.

:nice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Basic Poster posted:

Sorry if someone already mentioned...but there is a hilarious story about the writing/creating team of the naked gun series going to some pretty extreme similar lengths to get a track announcer say a thing.

This page is full of mobile cancer, popups, and scam ads. Could someone with a better browser screenshot it?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Leon Sumbitches posted:

This page is full of mobile cancer, popups, and scam ads. Could someone with a better browser screenshot it?

They spent years and tens of thousands of dollars racing horses named variants of “All Pink” so that an announcer would eventually say “It’s All Pink on the inside!”

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Sucks they only sell it for a week out of every month though

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Phanatic posted:

They spent years and tens of thousands of dollars racing horses named variants of “All Pink” so that an announcer would eventually say “It’s All Pink on the inside!”

Is the punchline that the Russians just hired an actor?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Sucks they only sell it for a week out of every month though

Jesus, is all of Scotland synced up? That must be Hell.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Racing horse names are one of my favorite weird things. Potoooooooo is just god tier trolling and it took me ages up figure out how it's supposed to be pronounced instead of literally just going potoooooooooooo in the lead

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Son of Rodney posted:

Racing horse names are one of my favorite weird things. Potoooooooo is just god tier trolling and it took me ages up figure out how it's supposed to be pronounced instead of literally just going potoooooooooooo in the lead

Had to look this one up, so here it is if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jfM_ijrtdw

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Son of Rodney posted:

It doesn't help that potoos are real, and delightful:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

PainterofCrap posted:

...How does one get in? Assuming the powerplant's in the back...

Park over a manhole and come up through the sewer system.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Phanatic posted:

This only fits on one line, how do you expect to monetize onscroll()

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Phy posted:

It doesn't help that potoos are real, and delightful:

Love these guys

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

aphid_licker posted:

How does flour from grains you've made beer with influence the stuff you bake with it? Taste, texture etc. can't be exactly the same, right?

A couple pages behind but plenty of breweries either partner with or establish their own pizzerias in order to make use of all the spent grains. And it's usually drat tasty

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

MrXmas posted:

A couple pages behind but plenty of breweries either partner with or establish their own pizzerias in order to make use of all the spent grains. And it's usually drat tasty

Case in point: apparently St. Louis-style pizza uses the same ingredients that's used at the Anheuser-Busch brewery. Combined with the local Provel cheese & the desire to cut them party-style, and you get… this.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
it looks like bullshit pizzahut

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
i'm gonna need to put some of that pizza in my mouth

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

LifeSunDeath posted:

I'da thought that would be a redundancy but you proved me wrong

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Killer robot posted:

Since it's still the funny pictures thread, some bootlegging:

This poo poo is for pussies.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

dialhforhero posted:

Douches actually do more harm than good because they kill the native bacteria that normally keep the vagina in working order, leading to yeast infections and other ailments.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Screaming Idiot posted:

Douches actually do more harm than good because they kill the native bacteria that normally keep the vagina in working order, leading to yeast infections and other ailments.

Post/avatar something something

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

shizzahut

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

The Bloop posted:

Post/avatar something something

I apologize for harming your mother.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Right, but cider isn't a spirit, it's not distilled. I guess the methanol content would be like wine, where there's not enough of it to be dangerous.

If you're making your own apple brandy, though, then it would probably be an issue (again, if you don't properly discard the head and tail of the distillate), because you'd concentrate the methanol.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Cider?

I BARELY KNOW HER!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

hazardousmouse posted:

Well I already got yelled at for vodka snobbery so why stop now

St Louis pizza is revolting and provel looks like melted adhesive

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

kiimo posted:

St Louis pizza is revolting and provel looks like melted adhesive

hazardousmouse posted:

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then, I contradict myself; (I am large. I contain a multitude of pizzas)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

dialhforhero posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B12joBZ9-6s

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

null_pointer posted:

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then, I contradict myself; (I am large. I contain a multitude of pizzas)

look in my face while i stuff the crust of evening

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Android Apocalypse posted:

Case in point: apparently St. Louis-style pizza uses the same ingredients that's used at the Anheuser-Busch brewery. Combined with the local Provel cheese & the desire to cut them party-style, and you get… this.

IMO, 's pizza.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I MO’s O, ‘s pizza

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

Android Apocalypse posted:

A perfectly fine style of pizza? What am
I missing

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

St. Louis pizza is like cracker crust with provel cheese. It can be good but it's also real easy to gently caress up so a lot of people hate it.

edit:

quote:

For many, Provel is an acquired taste. It's a processed cheese product that combines cheddar, swiss, and provolone with a touch of liquid smoke and has a much stronger flavor than mozzarella when added to pizzas and other foods. Provel also has a sticky texture when melted.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The textures of St. Louis style pizza is what I found kind of odd. Also Provel cheese is sweeter than I expected.

I got it delivered from Imo's (which is supposed to be the place to get that style of pizza in St. Louis). Their deep-fried ravioli was tasty AF.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

St. Louis has bizarre food besides just their cum pizza and toasted ravioli. It's based on a combination of being drunk, hungry and low on cash.

Like whatever the hell this thing is:

and whatever the hell this poo poo is:

I blame Anheiser Busch

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

kiimo posted:

St. Louis has bizarre food besides just their cum pizza and toasted ravioli. It's based on a combination of being drunk, hungry and low on cash.

this is more or less the origin of every cuisine

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Would on both.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Stexils posted:

this is more or less the origin of every cuisine

Stanley Tucci's Searching For St. Louis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
The best St. Louis treat is gooey butter cake.