Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I am so far behind on Revolutions. The runup to the Russian Revolution is so goddamn boring. Oh word there was another half-hearted and doomed attempt at liberal reform? And then some couch-surfing communist wrote an essay?

But in the episode I most recently listened to he said "There's nothing liberal nationalists hate more than a poorly run war" and that's a very good line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

he's got a nice droning style. i think the only thing i got out of the first couple dozen eps on the french was the word sans-culottes

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Glad the chapos have listened to refined and intelligent voices (me) and done an all reading series episode. Looking forward to my other demand, making Chelsea Manning the replacement Virgil

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
drat am i a chump for paying for that live show they're doing

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Shipon posted:

lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Wasn't the show today?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

IMO they're charging too much. $15 is what you would normally charge for an actual live show of this level. IMO they should have set the general admission price point at just like $5 or something.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Mr Hootington posted:

Wasn't the show today?

Nah tomorrow

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Shipon posted:

No, but only if u record it and share

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

tokin opposition posted:

Looking forward to my other demand, making Chelsea Manning the replacement Virgil

:haibrow:

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

tokin opposition posted:

Glad the chapos have listened to refined and intelligent voices (me) and done an all reading series episode. Looking forward to my other demand, making Chelsea Manning the replacement Virgil

lol, have you seen any shows with manning as a guest

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Corky Romanovsky posted:

lol, have you seen any shows with manning as a guest

I fail to see why I would have to, I support women.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

IMO they're charging too much. $15 is what you would normally charge for an actual live show of this level. IMO they should have set the general admission price point at just like $5 or something.

I think the catch is that they're not just hosting podcasters, but bands too. Not sure exactly how that overlap appeals to anybody's audience.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
online woodstock but also an snl type variety show where each segment is 45 minutes :hmmyes:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Maybe all the tickets for FRQNCY got sold to the usual sick gently caress New Yorkers who always turn out for these things. Hope it works out for them.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

leftist millennials living the end of history when we realize the last ever “chapo trap house live at the bell house featuring adam friedland, nick mullen and dasha nekrasova” already happened 3 years ago.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

TheSlutPit posted:

leftist millennials living the end of history when we realize the last ever “chapo trap house live at the bell house featuring adam friedland, nick mullen and dasha nekrasova” already happened 3 years ago.

That was why we don't have communism yet, now we are free

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

TheSlutPit posted:

I see before me the ashes of kingdoms past. how many went to the flame only to bear their cinders only to find themselves supporting ash?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I think the catch is that they're not just hosting podcasters, but bands too. Not sure exactly how that overlap appeals to anybody's audience.

Yeah, but watching a band live on a stream is not even remotely the same as actually going to a concert.

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
It made more sense two months ago when they announced it before everything started opening up

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, but watching a band live on a stream is not even remotely the same as actually going to a concert.

The Gathering had the decency to wait

I'm pretty sure people had other people over and tripped at home over an EDC stream

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
If you ask me they got totally snaked by Action Boyz doing a live show the same night.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

no, it's today

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Josh Christ posted:

It made more sense two months ago when they announced it before everything started opening up

In theory no one could have predicted the CDC deciding 30% vaccinated was the best time to open up virus over etc etc even if it seems obvious in hindsight

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Wolfsheim posted:

In theory no one could have predicted the CDC deciding 30% vaccinated was the best time to open up virus over etc etc even if it seems obvious in hindsight

Yeah just deciding that schools were safe to reopen out of nowhere and then just suddenly doing a 180 on kids being spreaders should have made it obvious

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Felix got caught on a hot mic and they ended the stream

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

Felix got caught on a hot mic and they ended the stream

Literally though, got his shirt snagged on an overheating microphone and now he’s got to go to the ER

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the Chapo Trap House live show was abruptly cancelled today after one of the hosts inexplicably "violently exploded."

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lol but also get well soon if true

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

the Chapo Trap House live show was abruptly cancelled today after one of the hosts inexplicably "violently exploded."

i thought virgil was no long on the pod????

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

grieving for Gandalf posted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Virgil leaves waterbottles everywhere to avoid this exact situation.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
there's been a noticeable beeping sound on the FRQNCY stream that the chat eventually theorized quite convincingly might correlate to improper RF emissions from Andrew Hudson of E1's stupid blinking led glasses

Dr. Killjoy has issued a correction as of 18:38 on Jun 5, 2021

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Literally though, got his shirt snagged on an overheating microphone and now he’s got to go to the ER

what kind of honor do you get for an injury in the line of podcasting

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Glad I'm not watching!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

So who's going to share the illegal crimes recording? Tia ps. I am not a cop

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
An App that provides Affordable Access to live streams

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

stream from a historically disadvantaged location for a minimum of eighteen months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

OctoberCountry posted:

An App that provides Affordable Access to live streams

Is this a clue? I have to go to an AA meeting to get a recording of the festival?