Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Congratulations to Texas on all of your new blockchain factories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1frWY9uA7c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Thoguh posted:

The blockchain industry.
When you have even the slightest clue what it is you're talking about. Good work, Texas.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i already sourced a block supplier and a chain supplier, once i have the manufacturing space i expect to be one of the largest blockchain producers in texas

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

that black mirror episode where they're on the stationary bikes but the stationary bikes are powering crypto rigs

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

cool av posted:

if https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/wage-growth is accurate wage growth was definitely higher than house price growth in march, and employed persons also went up, but one good month isn't a lot to extrapolate from

what the gently caress are you talking about, of course it is! we’re back baby!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yellen got her global tax floor agreement

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Paradoxish posted:

I really want things to be less dumb for just a little while. Just a little loving while. Come on.

Forget it Jake, it's Texas.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

yellen got her global tax floor agreement

The G7 agreeing on that isn't exactly surprising. And even then, it is already compromised down.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Spoondick posted:

that black mirror episode where they're on the stationary bikes but the stationary bikes are powering crypto rigs

the episode of the twilight zone except there's something on the wing of the plane!!!!

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Bloomberg via Yahoo News posted:

SEC Ousts Head of Top Audit Regulator Amid Warren Pressure

Duhnke’s fate may have been sealed last month when Senators Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders called on Gensler to immediately replace the entire PCAOB board, alleging that the Trump administration had weakened the regulator.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sec-gensler-removes-head-u-200018386.html

headline invisibility for Bernie Sanders continues

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 15:18 on Jun 5, 2021

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

the press are absolute bastards

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Spoondick posted:

One of the rare times I ended up weeping on the floor just from watching something. Only other time I can think of was after the end of Requiem for a Dream.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

newsweek is a bullshit rightwing sockpuppet now

Use any source you like. That's just the first result I got from a google news search.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Shifty Pony posted:

Forget it Jake, it's Texas.

Hey its not all ba.... yeah it sucks here. :smith:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Can’t wait for the server farms mining Bitcoin outside in Texas because they don’t get cold weather and don’t need to pay for building to store infrastructure in.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Paradoxish posted:

I really want things to be less dumb for just a little while. Just a little loving while. Come on.

just be patient. we're pretty far down the road to climate/civilization collapse, plus we're still accelerating

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Shipon posted:

I'm getting really sick of people who have known about bitcoin for two years telling me that I just don't understand the technology and it's potential when I've been calling it idiotic since 2011.

Ever since bitcoin started popping up everywhere, I've gotten really good at explaining it to people in a way that's at least moderately dispassionate and doesn't make me sound too biased against it. And I almost universally get people saying "no, it can't be that dumb." But, like, not in a way where they walk away thinking that bitcoin is stupid, just in a way where it feels like they don't believe me and it can't be that dumb.

It's unbelievably frustrating because the fact that crypto is now so loving popular is lending it an air of legitimacy that's making it so much harder to tear down in the eyes of the casual observer.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

FistEnergy posted:

just be patient. we're pretty far down the road to climate/civilization collapse, plus we're still accelerating

I don’t want civilization to collapse simply because the smugness that will come from all those doomsday prepped types will be insufferable.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

BigPaddy posted:

I don’t want civilization to collapse simply because the smugness that will come from all those doomsday prepped types will be insufferable.

Nah, almost no one in the prepper world is really preparing in any way for climate change. It's not the kind of apocalypse they want and they won't be happy or prepared for it, just like they all broke down after being asked to stay home for a few months last year.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BigPaddy posted:

preppers are loot boxes for people with friends

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

You don't want to eat prepper food, their stashes were rotten long before society collapsed.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

No Chris del Chris or carpiss bunsen?? This is bullshit, I'm getting a refund.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
edit: ^^That is a delightful avatar

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The real prepping was the friends we made along the way

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Lol, just lmao if you don't have 20 pounds of dried beans and dried rice per person in your basement after these last two years.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

BigPaddy posted:

Don't worry, it will only take them a couple days to realize that a post-collapse world is not worth living in.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Paradoxish posted:

Ever since bitcoin started popping up everywhere, I've gotten really good at explaining it to people in a way that's at least moderately dispassionate and doesn't make me sound too biased against it. And I almost universally get people saying "no, it can't be that dumb." But, like, not in a way where they walk away thinking that bitcoin is stupid, just in a way where it feels like they don't believe me and it can't be that dumb.

It's unbelievably frustrating because the fact that crypto is now so loving popular is lending it an air of legitimacy that's making it so much harder to tear down in the eyes of the casual observer.

NFTs had a similar air of legitimacy too, probably all the fawning news press didn’t help

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I assume in the historic tradition of Something Awful when this thread unites to mock preppers, say they burst into tears during the pandemic, and joke about taking stuff from them then preppers will be the ones proven extremely correct

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I assume in the historic tradition of Something Awful when this thread unites to mock preppers, say they burst into tears during the pandemic, and joke about taking stuff from them then preppers will be the ones proven extremely correct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htPpNQpekJk

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Twist: the peppers are right, but becauae they are morons they die from lack of ventilation in bunkers or botulism.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BigPaddy posted:

i wonder how smug this woman feels right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FTv06szcW0

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

The friends were the raiders we made along the way

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

BigPaddy posted:

They didn't do so well handling things over the last year.

Remember that one who couldn't open any of the canned food he had when the cold knocked the power out in Texas because he only had an electric can opener lol.

OhFunny has issued a correction as of 19:38 on Jun 5, 2021

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Yeah, making fun of preppers is one of life's constants. You'll still be able to do it when you're living under the shattered remains of a freeway eating a can of dog food you found by the river.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Paradoxish posted:

Yeah, making fun of preppers is one of life's constants. You'll still be able to do it when you're living under the shattered remains of a freeway eating a can of dog food you found by the river.

Yeah, Jerry in the Hole bought dogfood back when dollars could buy human food. He was a rube, a fool, you don't need dollars for dogfood if you got the capital of a can opener.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
as much as it would be fun to live in a Fallout-esque fantasy world, let's get real, goons would be the first group of people to perish in any sort of mass-scale societal collapse scenario

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Thoguh posted:

Putin has been reading the Doomsday Economics thread.

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1400802461573685249?s=20

quote:

And he offered a warning at Friday’s meeting for the U.S., based on what he said was his own experiences “as a former citizen of the former Soviet Union.”

“The problem with empires is that they think they can afford small errors and mistakes,” which gradually accumulate, Putin said. “There comes a time when they can no longer be dealt with. And the U.S., with a confident step, a confident gait, a firm step, is walking straight along the path of the Soviet Union.”

He's reading and stealing my posts :mad:

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I'll just laugh at all the people scrounging the wastelands for food as i live comfortably in my crypto utopia #doge

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

as much as it would be fun to live in a Fallout-esque fantasy world, let's get real, goons would be the first group of people to perish in any sort of mass-scale societal collapse scenario

poo poo posting will be rare and valuable sir

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
You can't convince me that the motherfuckers with gun hoards to rival Marcus Kincaid never got a multitool with a tin opener on it. :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
probably did but they wouldn't know how to use it