Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
There are some interesting parts in her confidant story and how it ties to the main plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I did operation maidwatch in-game today, nothing too interesting. IRL, though:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Return of "Joker's Kitchen"

This happened yesterday, and if I had played this in the morning I would have made it then, but I am now playing catch-up:

I used this recipe for tonjiru with some substitutions: https://www.justonecookbook.com/tonjiru/ Pork belly is still the most common recipe item that is a pain to source with Western groceries, so I used pork chop and a slice of bacon.

I couldn't find taro. I did find red daikon, so I used that, carrots, and radishes. I also included leek as a replacement for the negi

I did not do the dated "salt bae" meme. While simmering, the main seasoning was hondashi, and I added the miso after it came down from the simmer right before serving.

This was really good, I have three more servings in the fridge as I am also preparing for my second shot recovery lol

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Yeah Ohya's confidant is like, the only one that really ties into the main plot, which is cool but otherwise yeah her actual abilities are worthless. Can't believe they didn't fix or completely overhaul her in Royal. In that regard, Sun is a disappointment too because his skills are great but his link is kind of full of nothing. It would have been cool if his route had him talking about a younger Shido occasionally (which would make sense that they've interacted considering their positions) before you know who he is. Otherwise his link is basically "convictions are good, you should have them"

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
They revamped both Ohya and Iwai's Confidant benefits in Royal but Iwai managed to get off with a decent new set of skills, and Ohya is still junk.

One of the few upsides to her link I guess is that it's never stat-gated, but neither are Chihaya and Shinya.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Today was the last day of Pollen Warning so I gave into peer pressure and went into Mementos.

The new Royal stuff with Jose seems cool, it looks like it is easy to completely overflow with SP items?

I also have enough money for both Kawakami and Chihaya, which is good

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Today was the last day of Pollen Warning so I gave into peer pressure and went into Mementos.

The new Royal stuff with Jose seems cool, it looks like it is easy to completely overflow with SP items?

The Jose buffs are absolutely nuts, correct. Keep in mind also that his ability that gives you more items means that you get more of the random materials/sellable items you get driving around in Mementos, so that can be a more efficient cash boost early on than the Yen bonus. Though, the Yen and EXP bonus stack with Merciless mode, and they both boost rewards given by shadows instakilled by Ryuji's ability (yes, in Royal instakilled demons give money and EXP)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Once you start collecting stamps for Jose you will become obscenely rich and never have to worry about money again. He’s pretty great.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Jose makes dealing with Mementos a lot more fun and rewarding.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just wish the stamp spawns werent rng so you might spend an hour going up and down trying to get the last one.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Yeah Ohya's confidant is like, the only one that really ties into the main plot, which is cool but otherwise yeah her actual abilities are worthless. Can't believe they didn't fix or completely overhaul her in Royal. In that regard, Sun is a disappointment too because his skills are great but his link is kind of full of nothing. It would have been cool if his route had him talking about a younger Shido occasionally (which would make sense that they've interacted considering their positions) before you know who he is. Otherwise his link is basically "convictions are good, you should have them"

It's weird that Ohya didn't get jose's thing through rumors or something.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Goro Akechi!

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

I just wish the stamp spawns werent rng so you might spend an hour going up and down trying to get the last one.
It's weird that Ohya didn't get jose's thing through rumors or something.

I'd have remixed Ohya with the Fortune confidant. Instead of magically making the adult confidants like you more you get stories written about things they like. And it's not as if Fortune isn't an OP confidant.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I feel called out by this game since Joker's day today is literally and exactly what I should be doing irl

(My evening time was calling a maid service which I unfortunately will not be doing)

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Out of curiosity, is there any real reason why P4 emphasizes those glasses so hard? It feels rather like Persona 5 constantly reiterating how metaverse people and places outside of Palace environs look indistinguishable from the real world and how this totally won't be a plot point later on or anything.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Helps you see clearly through the fog to find the real truth, yadda yadda.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It's less about the glasses and more about the fog. Fog is a big element in the game, and the glasses are there to explain why your characters can see through it but normal people in the TV World can't.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The glasses look swag af, op.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

The glasses look swag af, op.

:hmmyes:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Love the Groucho Marx glasses, although they're probably a reference to a Japanese comedian I don't know, because the mustache is wrong.

I just picture anime Yu wearing them and making a bunch of completely deadpan Duck Soup references.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Sapozhnik posted:

Out of curiosity, is there any real reason why P4 emphasizes those glasses so hard? It feels rather like Persona 5 constantly reiterating how metaverse people and places outside of Palace environs look indistinguishable from the real world and how this totally won't be a plot point later on or anything.

they needed something to replace the evokers from p3

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Funky Valentine posted:

My favorite P4 animations are Dojima's because it's incredibly obvious that they just reskinned Akihiko for them (also he never puts down the loving coat.)

I now feel cheated out of a version of P4 where Dojima joins your team.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh wow, Kichijoji has a lot of stuff, doesn't it

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Defiance Industries posted:

I now feel cheated out of a version of P4 where Dojima joins your team.

Never forgive Atlus for saying "no" to Arksys when they wanted to add Dojima+Nanako to P4Arena

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
What sort of horrible monster would beat up Nanako

Come to think of it what sort of horrible monster would steal Nanako's pudding out of the fridge

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Sapozhnik posted:

What sort of horrible monster would beat up Nanako

Come to think of it what sort of horrible monster would steal Nanako's pudding out of the fridge

Hopefully nanako would just be an invincible assist

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Nanako should get a gun.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Nanako just says "no fighting" and instantly wins.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Speaking of additional party members, this old Tumblr gives Shadows and Persona to basically the entire P4 cast, it rules:
https://personashadows.tumblr.com/page/8

Here's Nanako and Dojima.
https://personashadows.tumblr.com/post/77670513998/shadow-nanako-out-of-my-way-im-going-to-go-see
https://personashadows.tumblr.com/post/143096328107/nanako-dojimas-persona-tokuhime-lady-toku-or
https://personashadows.tumblr.com/post/77973641434/shadow-dojima-well-that-took-forever
https://personashadows.tumblr.com/post/160162768417/ah-its-finally-behind-me-ryotaro-dojimas

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
I picked up Persona 4 Golden on Steam and had started to get into things - wasn't sure what to expect, with it being my first of the series and all.

Unfortunately, I've ran into one hell of an issue with actually moving forward in the game - I'm getting an issue where more or less every fully animated cut scene is causing a hard crash. I've done a fair amount of digging on this, but I've not been able to find a solution that actually works. It's become quite the issue!

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and been able to fix it? I'm beyond the refund window for the game and, as I said, I'd actually like to play it, so I'm hoping it doesn't get relegated to the "Never going to play" section of my Steam library. For what it's worth, I don't expect it to be a hardware not being good enough issue, but maybe something to do with the Nvidia 3D settings or something along those lines.

Anyway yeah, if there's anything anyone can do to help me play this anime that would be great.

Edit for below; Yup :(

iTrust fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 6, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Have you tried rolling back your video drivers yet?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

All the new Royal stuff in Kichijoji seems rad. I didn't expect to actually play darts myself, the interface felt a bit finicky but I think I got the hang of it

Speaking of new Royal stuff:

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb

These are cool and neat!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Haha, I remember seeing that, it can't be that long a-

6 years, I'm old.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Looks like I got a bunch of DLC personas after claiming the free stuff on PSN, are these going to break the game

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Looks like I got a bunch of DLC personas after claiming the free stuff on PSN, are these going to break the game

It depends how you use them. If you take the high level ones out of your compendium when you're still low level because they cost 0 Yen then yes they will break the game. If you set the limit that you must fuse your DLC personas or level into them and can't just summon the level 81 Messiah at level 4 (or whatever) then Orpheus F, Kaguya, Magatsu-Izanagi, Raoul, and Izanagi-no-Okami (plus Picaro versions) are all definitely S tier - but there are other S tier personas in the game that you can either capture or fuse. And you need to put a lot of work to keep just about any personas useful for more than two palaces.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

neonchameleon posted:

It depends how you use them. If you take the high level ones out of your compendium when you're still low level because they cost 0 Yen then yes they will break the game. If you set the limit that you must fuse your DLC personas or level into them and can't just summon the level 81 Messiah at level 4 (or whatever) then Orpheus F, Kaguya, Magatsu-Izanagi, Raoul, and Izanagi-no-Okami (plus Picaro versions) are all definitely S tier - but there are other S tier personas in the game that you can either capture or fuse. And you need to put a lot of work to keep just about any personas useful for more than two palaces.
Don't even the weak ones have absurd skills that you can then fuse onto other your-level stuff?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

girl dick energy posted:

Don't even the weak ones have absurd skills that you can then fuse onto other your-level stuff?

Yes, off the top of my head all the main protagonist Persona have powerful skills that scale well.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hmm maybe I will try to keep things "fair" then and only summon them when I do the challenge battles

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Reflect Physical personas are OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
You can break the game pretty easily with a good network fusion or two. I got Victory Cry fairly early and could pass it along to whatever I wanted. It’s not necessary at all though. I’m not even 100% convinced it’s good.