Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Time zones mean I slept through all of the racing that happened previously and now I get to wait another 4.5 hours for anything to happen

You can still go back and watch the first hour which is where a bunch of the rad stuff happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Time zones mean I slept through all of the racing that happened previously and now I get to wait another 4.5 hours for anything to happen

Same lol

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They should keep it 24 hours of racing and pause the timer during red flags :smug:

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They should keep it 24 hours of racing and pause the timer during red flags :smug:

They'd be running till tuesday at the rate they're going. Next update in 10 minutes but given the fog I doubt it'll start before 8:30 am

Edit: No start before 8am

Dr. Garbanzo fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jun 6, 2021

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

They'd be running till tuesday at the rate they're going. Next update in 10 minutes but given the fog I doubt it'll start before 8:30 am

Edit: No start before 8am

Sounds good to me then! Give them more motivation to keep going at night.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Sounds good to me then! Give them more motivation to keep going at night.

It’s not that anybody wants to stop, it’s for safety. The simple rule is if you cannot clearly see from marshal station to marshal station, the race shouldn’t continue. And that’s been impossible in this fog.

At least we should have another race later today - European Le Mans Series at Paul Ricard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXMG7hPXtwI

[edit] :siren: Pit exit green in less than 20 minutes :siren:

harperdc fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jun 6, 2021

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
According to the live chat on youtube race restart is in 30 minutes behind the safety car for a formation lap and if it's good to go they'll go otherwise it'll be another lap behind the safety car.

At least it looks dry on the track.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
'estimated start formation lap 11:00'

I am sure somewhere, someday, a formation lap will start at 11:00, but certainly not here, today

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
now 11:20

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Nobody on that front straight/grid really looks to be moving with the speed of teams who have cars rolling off in 10 minutes, so it's likely further delayed. The fog looks clearer on some parts of the full course, but this front straight is still really bad.

and right before I post it's been pushed to 11:20.

I wonder if they'll get back to racing before the MotoGP gets started :v:

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Closing in on 14 hours under red, lol

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ELMS starting so you can enjoy how poo poo Paul Ricard is.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It's pretty poo poo.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
If the length of stoppage has no other positive the racing once they start should be intense.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The only good thing last year was watching Michael Fassbender get murdered.

edit: I like him, it was just funny watching him get executed by an LMP2 or whatever. Welcome to sports cars buddy.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Formation lap in 12 minutes, this gonna be good.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

algebra testes posted:

The only good thing last year was watching Michael Fassbender get murdered.

edit: I like him, it was just funny watching him get executed by an LMP2 or whatever. Welcome to sports cars buddy.

Being poo poo at popular culture I only found out he was anything other than a low grade racing driver earlier this year.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

lagidnam posted:

Formation lap in 12 minutes, this gonna be good.

I think this might be a 'welp we tried' and the race abandoned at the end of this formation lap.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CactusWeasle posted:

I think this might be a 'welp we tried' and the race abandoned at the end of this formation lap.

Weather's that lovely?

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
There seems to be decent patches of visibility around but not huge amounts

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

The worst fog seems to be on the GP front straight

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
The mad bastards did it

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

oh hey there's racing happening again!

[edit] good grief, the #4 AMG-GT hit really hard...and the Opel Manta slid into it as well. lol.

harperdc fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jun 6, 2021

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

harperdc posted:

oh hey there's racing happening again!

[edit] good grief, the #4 AMG-GT hit really hard...and the Opel Manta slid into it as well. lol.

NOT THE MANTA

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Joe Bradley 'its a shame Engl has chosen not to continue'

yes, I'm sure the impact with the barrier so hard that it bent the entire barrier had nothing to do with his 'decision'

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

algebra testes posted:

NOT THE MANTA

the AMG went sliding through a corner and walloped the barrier, and about five seconds later the Manta kind of gently slid off and tapped it.

https://twitter.com/24hNBR/status/1401496901262905344?s=20

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

WEC at Portimao this coming weekend!

https://twitter.com/fiawec/status/1402559173313937409?s=21

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gentlemen you had my curiosity ... but now you have my attention.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
Hell yeah guys BMW just found a new series to prematurely leave

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

To be fair, they have been in IMSA (old), ALMS and/or Grand-Am, or IMSA (new) consecutively since 1995. Pretty sure that like Honda America, BMW USA has a lot of independence in its racing/marketing that has generally made them far more long lasting in their programs than the ones funded by the Motherships directly.

(yes i know it was a joke im just being pedantic)

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

One more brand putting it in H!

Maybe they're gonna run Le Mans too?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Are they featuring them because last time the WEC didn't put their car on a poster and had a hissy fit about it?

Is this the first race they'll enter?

Edit: I'm kinda tempted to resub to WEC but I honestly don't know if it's worth it. I haven't really followed it since Alonso won LeMans

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Is it not gonna be on YouTube? Shite

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

nah you gotta pay, but if you buy the whole season it's not that expensive. well last time I bought it

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I just bought the whole thing because look, i'm going to get 24 hours worth of content come Le Mans time.

LMDH is going from "revitalizing prototype racing" to potential arms race that's going to ruin everything and i'm extremely here for it.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Bape Culture posted:

They may have it on Eurosport Player and they are often doing deals for that.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

algebra testes posted:

Yeah I just bought the whole thing because look, i'm going to get 24 hours worth of content come Le Mans time.

LMDH is going from "revitalizing prototype racing" to potential arms race that's going to ruin everything and i'm extremely here for it.

For like 3 years it's gonna be sick

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

net work error posted:

For like 3 years it's gonna be sick

It's the boom-bust cycle and we're in it for the booms

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

track day bro! posted:

Are they featuring them because last time the WEC didn't put their car on a poster and had a hissy fit about it?

Is this the first race they'll enter?

Edit: I'm kinda tempted to resub to WEC but I honestly don't know if it's worth it. I haven't really followed it since Alonso won LeMans

I wouldn't say it's "feature," because it's their social media and they show just about everyone on there. but yes this is the first race Glickenhaus are joining, second of the season because Le Mans was moved to later in the summer this year as well. Sounds like Glickenhaus is going to be at Portimao, Monza (July) and Le Mans (August) but skipping the last two races scheduled (Fuji and Bahrain) because shipping cars.

As for watching, yes the App is good (but not available in the U.S. apparently) and live coverage is there or on satellite/cable channels depending on where you live. Live streams ain't hard to find. But they're also putting the full race up on YouTube about a week or so after the race if you're cheap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUCYqjtIAR0

[edit]

algebra testes posted:

I feel like LMDH is trying to achieve what GT3 has done for sports cars -- balanced races, in various series, with a sustainable investment. Balancing ala GT3 has kept multiple manufacturers involved and not taking their ball and going home when it becomes apparent they won't be able to win, which was always the problem and sign of the boom/bust -- five companies get excited but only one can win, so three quit early and the fourth leaves after failing a little bit longer.

(the way they're doing it is by essentially making a standardized chassis and allowing the freedom of design to not be so performance-driven and freedom of engine because more options can reach the target if it's balanced and not the way you gain an edge)

harperdc fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
It's the second BTCC meeting this weekend for anyone after terrible/fun racing...